• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Gang Roleplay (Maiza Avaro and Jax Van Cipher)

Ineptitude

One Thousand Club

[This is a private roleplay between myself, Maiza Avaro, and @Jax Van Cipher ]

Love is quite strange, don't you agree? It can suddenly form between two of the unlikeliest of people, regardless of their appearance, personality, background, even age and gender when it comes down to it. In this case, it was between two rather different, yet highly dangerous and menacing young men, Riko Nishiyama and Siminoka Ryu, the former being a deceptive and cunning assassin while the latter was a cold and uncaring hitman. Not only that, but they were members of enemy gangs known as the Vindice and the Red Clan, and their respective organizations have always had a long running feud between the two of them.

When a poisonous scorpion and a silent crow cross each others' paths for the first time, who would have thought that something as fragile and delicate as love would bloom from their chaotic and turbulent relationship? Who would have thought that it was actually possible to fall in love with the one person they love to hate? Or was it hate to love?

Let's go back to the beginning, shall we?

Last edited by a moderator:

Riko Nishiyama // Mikado Ryuugamine 

Riko hummed underneath his breath as he took a small, gentle sip from the warm mug he held within his seemingly delicate grip, enjoying the deep, rich, and complicated taste of the expresso he brewed, allowing a light smile to spread across his lips. If anyone were to come across this scene, they would find it relaxing, endearing even, that is, if it weren't for the menacing young man that stood in front of him as he rested on a rather comfortable sofa. Of course, he was not even fazed by the intimidating and oppressive aura that oozed off of his fellow Vindice.

"Leave it on the table." The assassin ordered the man, staring directly into the other's eyes over the rim of his mug, his icy blue eyes glowing ominously.

As soon as the young man had left his premises, Riko let a deep sigh escape his lips as he gazed upon the folder that was left on his coffee table. Setting down his mug, he picked the file up and opened it, and almost immediately, his eyes widened in what appeared to be shock. For a few moments, he was frozen, it seemed, as he stared at the contents with a hardened gaze. That is, until his lips formed a cunning smirk.

"Crow, hmm?" Riko muttered as he leaned back into his couch, his smirk slowly morphing into an all out savage grin, and though he would never admit it, he knew that this was going to be an interesting mission. "You'll be dead before the month ends."  

Or so he thought.

Siminoka Ryu // Kuno Hirokichi

Siminoka sighed as he laid back on the broken down sofa in the warehouse he normally hid out in, he looked stressed to the point that the tension coud be felt just by walking in the room. The metal door that lead to the office, creaked open as one of Siminoka's current friends and also gang member walked into the room with a folder in hand. The tired hitman groaned in annoyance as the folder was thrown at him, it landing on the seat beside him.

"Get out," Siminoka barked in a low yet loud tone causing the other male to rush out. His cold, grey eyes darted towards the direction of the door when he heard it slam shut.

Siminoka picked up the file and opened it up, glancing over the information; it was another mission. One that he'd be on alone which raised questions in the hitman's mind. Siminoka leaned forward and dropped the file on the concrete floor, staring down at it. In the file were three pictures; suspects of who had killed his little brother. One of the suspects stuck out to him; one that had the alias of Poison Scorpion.

"Interesting... Shouldn't be too hard to find," Siminoka said softly as he rested his hand in front his mouth. He quickly got up and shuffled out of the warehouse, a devilish grin spreading across his face. "This should be a fun game," Siminoka said with a soft chuckle.

He had no idea the trouble he was getting into.

"Riko, where are you going at this time?" A deep, raspy voice called out to Riko as he was buttoning up his blazer.

Riko turned his head to meet the charcoal black eyes of one of his housemates, Bermuda von Veckenschtein, one of the six other top ranking assassins in the Vindice, and was nicknamed Death God for his quick and seamless kills, similarly to how he was titled Poison Scorpion for his self-made toxins. Bermuda and the other hitmen were probably some of the only people he tolerated in the Vindice, besides a few other select number of people within the gang, though he rarely ever actually see the others outside of his criminal lifestyle, sadly enough.

"I just need to do a little bit of cleaning up, Bermuda." Riko replied with a soft voice, a sweet smile spreading across his lips as he picked up an armored briefcase, causing Bermuda's eyes to lighten up in realization and understanding.

"I see." Bermuda mumbled out as he averted his eyes toward the nearby staircase, as if expecting someone to come downstairs, before lightly shaking his head. "Do make sure you get home in time for dinner, at the very least."

"Of course." Riko replied lightly as he left his humble abode, closing the door behind him as he prepared to begin his hunt.

Outside the warehouse was the his friend and partner; Chance Riker. "Chance, what the hell are you doing here? Isn't your wife sick?" Siminoka inquired as he stuffed his hands into his pockets while approaching his crime partner. Chance chuckled softly, "She is but I'm sure she can take care of herself for a few hours. She was asleep when I left, anyway." Siminoka raised an eyebrow, he was going to question it but stopped when he noticed the small blood stain on the collar of Chance's shirt. "Romantic as always, I see. Did she put up a fight?" Chance's face lit up in surprise at his remark but smirked, knowing he couldn't hide anything from the other hitman.

"She found out about me, threatened to call the police. But, I didn't come here to talk about that!" Chance paused, sighing softly. "Then why are you here?" Siminoka asked with a stern and annoyed tone. Siminoka turned to leave but was stopped when Chance grabbed his arm, holding a tight grip on him. "Listen, I've heard things about who you're going after... It isn't pretty what he does to people so I'm telling you this... Don't go anywhere near him, your brother's death isn't worth yours too," Chance warned in a low tone.

Without anything else said, Siminoka turned and pushed the other male away; trying his best not to kill him right then and there. "Shut up! My brother's death means everything! And I'm going to kill the unlucky guy that took him from me!" He yells, fire in his eyes as he turns and walks off towards his car.

Riko hummed a certain tune to himself as he made his way through a rather busy street, weaving through waves of people with practiced ease, as if he had been doing so his entire life, and considering his occupation, this might as well be true. The young assassin garnered some smiles from the ones that passed him by, and, in order to keep up his meek and timid persona, he shyly smiled back. Though, to be honest with himself, he felt a bit of pity for those whose vision was veiled by ignorance by the very ones who swore to protect them from harm, especially when danger was all around them.

"A human's life is just fifty years~ Compared to all that exists under the heavens, it is but dreams and illusions." Riko sang softly as he made a sharp turn into an alleyway, barren of any people other than himself. "Once given life, there is nothing that does not perish~" He finished his twisted yet elegant ballad, a melody of inevitable death, as he stood in front of a rather unassuming door.

Taking a solitary step forward, Riko gave it a sharp knock. Almost immediately, it swung open to reveal another youthful man like himself, his obsidian orbs glaring down at the assassin's smiling form with cold fury. This was Kyoya Hibari, Head of the Intelligence and Information Gathering Division of the Vindice, nicknamed the Cloud for the fact that he loathes to be held back by anything or anyone, hence his cold and aloof personality to the people around him, even if he was close to them personally.

"Hibari." Riko greeted him with a soft smile, earning a low growl from the other man.

"Nishiyama."Kyoya replied as he begrudgingly allowed him to enter the building, as he knew exactly what Riko was there for. "Wait here." He ordered the assassin before turning heel and leaving the room.

As Siminoka approached his car, he growled as he glared at the slashed tires; of course, Chance had slashed his tires to keep him from leaving. "He's so going to get it later," he muttered with a frown. Walking away from the car and towards the empty streets of his downtown residence, it was normally this quiet but an unsettling feeling caused Siminoka to be on high alert. The streets were empty beside a few homeless kids that ran around, a boy with dirty blond hair walked up to Siminoka. "Hey, Kuno. Where ya going?" the boy asked, using Siminoka's fake name. "None of your business, James. And no, you can't come with me," Siminoka growled as he walked past James.

"You're going on a job, aren't you?! Come on, you have to let me go with you!" James slightly shouted as he chased after Siminoka. The hitman froze in place, he turned to look at James with cold eyes. "You may be the boss's kid but that doesn't mean anything to me. Now go home before I call your father!" Siminoka yelled causing the James to flinch but stay unmoved. "Let me go with you or I'll tell my dad about you and Chance!" James threatened with cold eyes. Siminoka sighs before nodding. "You're too much like your father..."

James jumped in joy, following behind Siminoka as he walked towards the more populated part of the city. "Just.... Try not to get kidnapped or killed," Siminoka said softly unlike his normal hateful tone.

"I won't," James said, rolling his eyes. They walked until they reached a small shop, "I need to get something, wait out here..."

As Riko waited patiently for Kyoya to return with the information he needed, his icy blue eyes scanned his surrounding as he did before in his previous visits. Nothing much has changed since the last time he had been there, though the room was definitely a tad bit messier than it usually was. Which was strange since Kyoya's subordinates, along with the man himself, were normally strict about cleanliness. He supposed it came with their busy schedule, since they are juggling to separate lives all at one, just as he had been doing for many years now.

"I find myself wondering though..." Riko muttered to himself as he leaned back into his seat, tilting his head back to see the pastel white of the ceiling, only to suddenly have a file obscuring his peripheral vision. "Hmm?"

"Take it and leave, Ryuugamine." Kyoya growled at him with narrowed eyes, calling him by his alias. "I have customers to be dealing with right now."

"Ah, that's right." Riko mused with a smile as he grasped the file within his hand, looking down on it with a calculating gaze as he made his way to the back door. "Goodbye for now, Alaude."  He said, using his second name with a cheery grin before leaving out the door just as he heard Kyoya grunt in acknowledgment to his farewell. Now, it was time for the hunt to officially begin.

Siminoka walked into the store, seeing an older man standing behind the counter with a bleak expression on his face. Siminoka slightly nodded his head, neither saying a word the old man reached under the counter and pulled out a gun and a holster. "Thanks," he uttered as he grabbed the gun and holster, strapping the holster to his waist before putting his gun in it. He also grabbed a couple throwing knives that the man had also laid out, stuffing them in his pocket as he walked out of the shop to be greeted by an eager James.

"So, what's your mission? Who are killing? Are you killing someone? Does it have to do with your brother's death?!" James questioned when he noticed Siminoka's gun in his holster. "Could you shut up for five seconds? Geez, you're giving me a headache," Siminoka said as he rubbed his temple with his index finger, trying to relieve some of the tension in his head. Jame's questions went unanswered as Siminoka started to head towards the center of the city.

They mostly walked in silence besides the few questions that James would ask every now and even or Siminoka's request for him to go home. Jame's response never changed, "I'm thirteen, I'm not a little kid, Kuno!" 

After a while Siminoka gave up on the task of getting James away, instead he let his mind wonder about different things. However, most of his thoughts were about his next target and the task of killing him.

As soon as he had left Kyoya's premises, Riko immediately turned heel and left the alleyway he had entered, finding himself once more in the busy streets of the city. Clutching the file in one hand and his briefcase in the other, he made his way to another important location, where the Lightning spent much of his time. The location itself was rather far away from where he was currently at, but he supposed that it didn't really matter in the long run. What's important is that he gets rid of the annoying pest and finish his mission, just as he had done with his previous victims.

"..." Riko stayed quiet for a moment, his grip tightening on the objects he held in his hands.

Riko wasn't about to mess up again like he had done the first time. He wasn't sure when he had paused in his steps, but as soon as he had cleared his mind of thoughts, he began to continue to weave his way through the crowd. However, he barely had time to notice that he was about to bump into someone, and thus, clenched his eyes close as he braced himself for impact, swiftly making sure that he would not lose his grip on the file and his briefcase.

(We're about to make first contact. Prepare yourself.)

After walking around for a while Siminoka started to doubt that he would find his target and James was complaining about how hungry he was. "Kuno can we please get something to eat?!" James whined. Siminoka had to admit that he was a bit hungry himself considering he hadn't ate in almost three days due to being so busy and not really caring if he ate anything or not. "Sure, what sounds good to you?" he inquired as he stopped for a minute to pull out a cigarette. He pulled out a lighter from his other pocket and lit the cigarette, inhaling the smoke. Normally the cancerous fumes would help to calm his nerves but it was barely dulling them.

"I don't know..." Jame's response didn't really surprise Siminoka. He exhaled and flicked away some of the ashes while looking around for something that sounded good. "Let's just look around some and see if anything sounds good," he stated while continuing through the crowds. James started to walk ahead of Siminoka at a somewhat fast pace, the hitman tried to catch up but the young boy was too far ahead.

"James slow down!" Siminoka shouted, not paying attention to the fact he was about to bump into another person. 

(Sorry it took so long! Computer was being stupid and I was without internet all week!)

Riko unceremoniously crashed into the stranger, effectively knocking the two of them onto the cold, hard pavement. The young assassin, staying true to his meek and timid persona, tentatively opened up an eye to see who he bumped into, and he froze for a fraction of a second in his shock. Slowly, a smirk appeared on his lips, before he quickly covered it up with an apologetic smile. As embarrassing as it was to accidentally bump into someone, even more so that the man was his target, now was not the time to be letting his guard down.

"I'm terribly sorry for bumping into you." Riko stated sheepishly, holding out a hand for the other to grab onto. "I wasn't quite looking at where I was going."

(Naw, it's fine! I was kinda busy anyway.)

Siminoka unexpectedly slammed into the other person, falling onto the pavement and scraping his arm on the rough surface. He winced in pain with a low growl, trying his best not to snap on someone and create a scene. He looked at the person who had ran into him, "Watch where you're going next ti-" Siminoka stopped himself, staring at the other male. His hand automatically went to the hilt of his gun but he caught himself just in time, trying not to raise alarm.

Siminoka was determined not to screw this up and get himself killed before he could get revenge. Something in Siminoka's gut told him this was the guy that killed his younger brother, he was sure of it. "Whatever, just watch where you step," Siminoka said in his normal cold tone, he reluctantly took the other male's hand and stood up.

"I'll make sure to keep that in mind." Riko said with a warm smile, one that didn't quite reach his eyes, yet made them shine all the same.

Of course, Riko did notice the slight shift of the other's hand towards his waist. He immediately came to the conclusion that the other had a gun strapped onto his belt, which wasn't really all that surprising. Removing these thoughts from his mind, the assassin knew that this was the perfect opportunity get up close and personal with his target, which would make his death all the more sweeter to him. With his briefcase and file in one hand, he gave the Crow a sharp nod of acknowledgement, his warm smile morphing into a bright grin that showed his pearly white teeth.

"I'm Mikado, by the way. Mikado Ryuugamine." Riko introduced himself with his false name, looking expectantly at the other to play along with him. "And you are?"

Siminoka slightly scoffed seeing the other male's features, he seemed so fragile like and it almost remind him of a porcelain doll. Most of Siminoka's attention was on the briefcase that his target seemed clutched to, he wondered what was in it. He was sure that he had already slipped up when he reached for his gun, there was no doubt that the other knew about the gun by now. Siminoka mentally cursed himself at his careless error but acted as if it was nothing. Siminoka noted the acute nod and grin that the other gave, knowing that he was going to try and get on a "acquaintance" level with him; it wasn't entirely a bad idea in his mind. The hitman noted the other man's name when he stated it, Mikado Ryuugamine; more than likely a false one but it didn't matter to him.

"Kuno Hirokichi," he replied simply, also giving his fake identity. Siminoka decided to continue with this act, after all what's the harm with finding the perfect way to get to his target?

"Nice to meet you, then, Kuno-san." Riko stated with a tilt of his head, a bright grin overtaking his features.

Riko supposed that the other wasn't the complete and utter amateur he expected him to be, as most of his targets end up being, and he can respect that. Not only that, he was definitely much more fun to play with than everybody else in the Vindice. Nobody other than Mukuro ever bothered to deal with his twisted little games. In fact, he almost felt an ounce of pity for his target, a sense of loss at having to lose a playmate, but then again, when did he care about such insignificant pests

With that thought in mind, Riko continued on with his tirade as the meek and timid Mikado Ryuugamine. "I would love to stay and chat, Kuno-san, but I'm a bit busy at the moment." He said, taking a quick glance at his wristwatch before flashing the other an apologetic smile. "I'd like to stay in touch, though, if that doesn't bother you." He added, looking up hopefully into the eyes of the other man.  

"Like wise," Siminoka said with a soft yet slightly cold tone, he suspected that the other's innocent look was all an act.

Siminoka could say he was interested in his target, it was clear he was no amateur and he guessed he had been in a situation like this before. However, this had been Siminoka's first time ever being in a situation like this and wasn't sure how to handle it, he decided to play along with the little scene they had created. Siminoka was good at acting since that's what he majored in the few years he actually went to college. Siminoka was never good at registering other people's emotions however which caused him to drop out of the learning environment. 

Luckily he was able to keep up with his acting, giving the other male a cold glare. He watched the other closely, inquisitive of his every move and being on an unknown high alert. He was slightly taken by surprise whenever the other male said he would like to stay in touch but figured it was just so that it would be easier for him to track him down, two can play at that. "Of course, Mikado-san," he replied with less of a cold tone, he seemed expressionless almost but inside he was grinning like a cheshire cat.

"That's great!" Riko smiled genuinely, practically glowing in joy as he gained an exited gleam in his usually closed off gaze.

The other was definitely skilled, that much he could tell, but he was also impulsive, letting his emotions get the better of him, and that was a major weakness in the criminal world. However, it also made him quite the wild card, since he had yet to know what made him tick. That would soon change, though, as he would be meeting up with him regularly to get to know him personally. He hadn't quite done something like this before, getting to know his target so intimately, that is, but he would most certainly gain some experience from this mission of his. Especially when he knew that he would succeed.

"Here's my number." Riko told him, giving him a business card that he had from his day job as a Cybersecurity Engineer. "And as for yours?"

Siminoka had to be careful with this one, he was skilled and he didn't seem to have anything that would make him an easier target. He would have to build up walls and try to keep all of his emotions in if he wanted this mission to go out easily and as swiftly as possible, it would be hard but he would have to do it. Siminoka knew how reckless he was and how certain things could make him snap but he also knew that he could keep his composure if he tried hard enough. He had to succeed in this mission, he just had to. His life depended on it almost.

Siminoka took the business card and then took out his wallet, putting the card in it before taking his own card out and handing it to him. It was for a painting shop; Seeking Canvas. "Here, I will normally be there but in case I'm not just tell one of the other artists you called," Siminoka said, putting his wallet back in his pocket.

(Sorry it took so long! My charger for my laptop had broken so I couldn't get on until today!)

"Thanks." Riko smiled sweetly in gratitude. It was a smile that had a rather dark undertone to it, one that would only be perceived by the sharpest of eyes.

As he took the card within his grasp, Riko couldn't help but notice that the other's hand was rough and callous, similar to his own. It made him feel a bit of nostalgia as he stared at those hands, remembering the rough times he had as a child. He quickly shook his head free from those thoughts, pocketing the card into a pocket he had on his blazer. Now was not the time to be reminiscing. He was a professional, and as such he should know better. Letting himself be so vulnerable, even though it was only for a moment, made him feel an ounce of fear and worry. That fear wasn't because of Kuno, however. Far from it, actually. Rather, it was a fear of going back to the way he was before, when his much kinder side steered the wheel. And those times did not end well.

"I'll be going now, Kuno-san." Riko gave him a short bow, giving him a surprisingly soft smile, before turning heel to leave. "Ja ne!" He waved goodbye just as he disappeared into the crowd, no where to be seen.

(It's fine! Don't worry about it!)

Siminoka huffed and crossed his arms over his chest, feeling slightly uneasy with the smile Mikado was giving him. He knew this entire mission would be no easy task and that he was going to have to keep all emotions out of sight.

Siminoka noticed the rough texture visible on the others hands, it reminded him of all the hard work and rough times it took to where he is now. Most of his life if not all was nothing bet hell for him and his younger brother even now Siminoka was still struggling. He knew he was weak when it came to being a hitman but he was also determined making him stubborn which could be a flaw but also an advantage. Being driven by the hatred and grief he kept locked inside him made him more violent than any normal person which could be very dangerous for others but even for himself. He had to keep all of this under control if he wanted to keep himself from being hurt and screwing up the mission. He couldn't fail this one or he might as well give up on life.

Siminoka watched as the other male gave a curt bow and turned to leave, saying his goodbye. "Itterasshai," he said softly as he stuck his hands in his pockets and headed towards the direction he saw James last. Something in the back of his mind told him something bad was going to happen soon but he brushed it away and continued to search for the young boy.

(I suck at speaking Japanese so I'm a bit rusty and all but I think that's right X3)

As soon as he was a considerable distance away, Riko abruptly stopped in his steps. "Well, this is a surprise." His icy blue eyes made contact with leafy green orbs, causing him to break into a genuine smile when he saw who they belonged to.

It was Lambo Bovino, the Lightning of the Vindice, Head of the Operational Technology Division, and their youngest member. He was considered to be the smartest person in their Famiglia, right next to Verde Viridis, Kocsis "Spanner" Domonkos, and Irie Shouichi that is, and at the same time is also their laziest. It came as a surprise when the Boss made him a Division Head, but he supposed he wouldn't be able to argue with him on the matter. The Boss could be terrifying in his own right if he wanted to be, especially when his teacher was that man.

"Ah, Mikado." Lambo muttered a greeting, seemingly disinterested as he focused on the game console in his hands, tapping away at the buttons. "Fancy seeing you here."

(Seems like it! XD)  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back