Games that made you spend the most on.

Jellyon

One Thousand Club
Games are fun time to time. Whenever you are a casual or hardcore gamer, at some point in you're life you spent a X amount of dollars into it. This can range from micro transactions to dlc to in-game cosmetics. With that said, I wanna know what game you spent the most on and what reason.

In my case I spent amount over $100 on a game called Europa Universails 4. Mainly this included the standalone game and it's many dlcs. My second one would be spending over $500 on cargo skins (typical, right?)

Mine definitely has to be on the Sims series, with out a doubt. I brought most Sims 1 and 2 expansions, but brought every Sims 3 expansion as it came out, spent money on hard copy dlc and online dlc, as well as paying for membership to a Sims mod-sharing site for around a year. I'm kind of scared to add it all up but I wouldn't be surprised if it came to a total of around $1000 (NZD) all together. 

Call of Duty. I've been:

a) buying every game every year since the first Modern Warfare. 

b) buying the dlcs as well.

So its like i have a paid subscription to Activision dropping 120 a year. Jesus Christ why did I make my parents and why did I personally waste so much money on these games. 

Every Call of Duty game.... Damn. That's me with the Battlefield series. Just replace dlc with premium adding additional costs. >_< I feel your pain.

@TPBx

$1000 on the sims? Never in my life have I ever heard of someone spending so much on it. Holy mother of god. Do you regret it or no?

@Alannnah

Hahah, well it was over the period of about 10+ years which isn't as bad I guess. I don't regret it (even though I haven't touched the game for a year or so now), but an extra $1000 would not be bad right now. 

All three games in the Mass Effect trilogy, plus at least $200 dollars in DLC and...statuettes of Tali... <3  Plus a couple Funko Pop thingy things.

I think I spent the most money on an old game called Rumble Fighter that I played when I was in elementary school. The game was very much pay-to-win and I had my mom spend a lot of money so I could get all the cool gear and stuff. Game was so fun though, I wish I could find a game just like it, except without it being pay-to-win.

really want to say the Mass Effect series. When I played the original the second was not out yet so I payed full price for both the 2nd and the 3rd, including DLC. 
No regrets.

regrettably, league of legends

i can't remember how many 50 dollar RP cards i've bought over the past few years, i just know it's too many.

Well I have all the old Gameboy/Gameboy color Pokemon games, and bought a 3DS specifically for Pokemon, still haven't gotten any non-Pokemon games for it. I skipped Gameboy Advance entirely, but as far as a series, Pokemon by a mile. Individual games, Dragon Ball Xenoverse probably. Got it for Xbox One along with a season pass. 60 for disc and 25 for season pass.

Fucking Perfect World International. I used to play that when I was like 11 or 12, sometimes I'll hop on again every now and then, but by no means am I active anymore. It was your typical Chinese pay-to-win mmorpg. I think I probably spent like 150+ of my parents' money on that game, LOLOL. It was reeaalll fun even though it was terribly unbalanced.

I think overall, mobile app games are the biggest killer. Spent a good $50 on a single stupid strategy game a couple of years back since waiting felt tortureous. That and those lottery type games.

The designs are too good for my liking.....

now that i think about it, either kingdom hearts or pokemon probably

for kh i own the first 3 games and Days, so collectively as just games it's the most

same with pokemon, there's just a lot of installments in the series, but i dont remember which games were given to me as gifts so... lmao

if you include the fact that i bought a vita so i could play Dangan Ronpa Despair Girls, then that's definitely the most.

Although I'm definitely using the vita for more games, i dont think id buy a new system if i was only gonna play 1 thing on it and never touch it again

i'm not one to spend any money on mobile games, no matter how much i like them. i feel like if i can get the paid items free through other means id much rather do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only time I've spent over like $70-$80 dollars on a single game purchase was when I bought the Pip-Boy Edition of Fallout 4.

I've wanted a Pip-Boy Wearable since I was first introduced to Fallout 3.

Other than that, I've probably spent an untold amount of money on a few MMO cash shops.

I used to play Minecraft like it was my job, so I naturally spent a bunch of money on it.

Maybe around $500 for the number of servers I played on?

But that's nothing compared to the 1000 dollars I spend on GTA V..

Too many Supercars..

Too many luxury apartments..

Too many fanzy suits from Ponsyboys..

Good god, the entire Civilization franchise in general, to be perfectly honest.

Oh and Overwatch, most certainly Overwatch with all those loot boxes....

Games are fun time to time. Whenever you are a casual or hardcore gamer, at some point in you're life you spent a X amount of dollars into it. This can range from micro transactions to dlc to in-game cosmetics. With that said, I wanna know what game you spent the most on and what reason.

In my case I spent amount over $100 on a game called Europa Universails 4. Mainly this included the standalone game and it's many dlcs. My second one would be spending over $500 on cargo skins (typical, right?)

Another sucker for Paradox games reporting. I've managed to get most of the DLCs on sale, but having EU4, CK2, HoI4, Stellaris etc, it adds up. 

Fricking. Animal. Jam. Half my savings. Just for a glitched permanent membership. I may as well had a dammed free membership from the freaking start >:(

I'm not sure this would be considered a "proper" game, but there was this MMO I loved that I had played ever since it's release in 2009 to its shut down in 2014.

Free Realms.

I spent so much freaking money on that game you would not believe. I bought membership constantly, in game money, I bought mounts and cool holiday costumes, houses, etc. 

*Sigh*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back