• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Game of thrones; One to One

Gold Snow

Rosa trudged along; her face blank of any emotion, the wind whipping loose bits of her hair around: she had been with this Khalasar for a couple of weeks and she knew with the defiance she had been showing; the Khal wanted her gone and had been keeping an eye out for another Khalasar.

It was another hour before they came across another Khalasar, her feet burning slight through her shoes from the hot sand; She watched curiously as the Khal she had been with rode closer towards another man, probably another Khal and she glared as she heard his words "A gift for you Khal Drogo; she's a warrior but defiant..She enjoys to fight and will fight your warriors if you don't keep her in line." She arched an eyebrow as she stared at the pair before speaking up "You can kiss my white backside before I do what you say."

------

Jaime shifted on his horse as they traveled back to kings landing; they weren't that far away now and would be there soon but still he couldn't help but glance to the carriage that held his sister and their children; He of course knew the children were his: it was obvious to him but as far as he knew it wasn't much to anyone else.

He glanced to the Starks then to the one who clearly wasn't Ned's daughter; he was curios but left it alone and focused on the road ahead as they got to Kings landing, Jaime was quick to get off his horse and lead it into the stables to be put back in its stall

Lucyfer Lucyfer

The Dothraki Sea was truly not large enough for all the khalasars that roamed it. At least, that was the opinion of Khal Drogo who believed he held the largest of all the khalasars at 40,000 strong. His long, black hair was also a testament to the strength not only of his khalasar, but himself. He had never been defeated, and the bells rang as he rode upon his dark steed through the high grass, alongside the rest of his troupe.

Their destination was eventually Pentos, Illyrio wanted to see him. It was not his favorite city, but he had a manse there, and his men deserved the bit of rest and reckless fun that could only be had in those perfumed cities. He would rather go back to Vaes Dothrak – he would rather find a way to unite all the khalasars under him.

One day, he would.

Others were already inclined to give him tribute when he moved too close to their pathetic groupings, such as the Khal he encountered on his way back to Pentos.

Though, their offering was rather poor. Sure, the woman was pretty, but what did Drogo care about some sheep woman made a slave? He snorted at her outcry, nose wrinkled as he looked upon the other Khal with disinterest, “What use is a woman who does not know her place?” He may not even receive any good gifts if he gave her to the slavers, he hardly saw this woman as fitting to ignore the passing khalasar.

It seemed more an insult, or perhaps a trap from the inside. “Is she a healer?” If she was, though, he wondered if she could be any good with that attitude. Otherwise, all she was good for, was gifting for better, later on. Perhaps that was why they were offering her up so freely. They had learned she was more a burden than a boon to their group.

If she was only feisty, and a fighter, he didn’t see how that’d be of use. She seemed more inclined to stab any of them instead of assist them, and Drogo didn’t need that in his group. He had no time for keeping people in line, his men and women followed him because they believed in his strength and imagined he would one day unite them all. He intended to prove them right – and all who stood opposed would simply be trampled and destroyed.

The dark-eyed man waited upon his steed for an answer, leaning forward over the neck of his horse, a sly smirk on his lips as he waited for more reason not to simply destroy them all and take her, and anything else he wanted from them.

~***~

The South was too hot. It was the first thought of Amara Bolton as they moved further from Winterfell and the cold, though it likely did not help that she had no clothes for the South, either. Her attire was heavy, and she could still feel the judgmental look of Sansa Stark when she’d taken to her leathers to ride, instead of a dress.

Arya Stark was more agreeable than Sansa in that regards. Amara had dresses, pretty ones – but she was going to ride with the others. It was easier to hear conversations that way, and people didn’t seem to pay much mind to her.

Well, most didn’t.

She had caught Jaime Lannister glance back a couple of times. ‘Must be the sword.’ She’d realized that only she wore a sword openly of the women. Arya had one – Needle, she called it, and it was a fascinating little blade. The black-haired Bolton had two curved, short blades, at either hip, and a weirwood bow that she brought with her as well. There was the Kingswood – she may as well hunt a bit while here, right?

When they entered King’s Landing, and moved on to the Red Keep, she rode up along Eddard Stark, “Lord Stark,” she spoke as softly as her father, drawing his attention fully to her and away from King Robert, “I will take my own steed to the stables, if that is all right. I wish to become acquainted with where it will stay. I will join you again at the Tower of the Hand.

He gave a nod of his head, “Aye, that will be all right, I suspect Arya will wish to see, just as well,” he cocked a slight smile, and then gave a nod to Arya who had, indeed, been listening. There was quite a difference in age, Amara already a woman grown, but she didn’t mind and motioned Arya along as others of the party started to break up and take the horses on towards the stables.

Once they’d split away, Arya had to ask, “How did you convince your father to let you play with swords?”

‘My father has a low opinion of the smallfolk.’ She didn’t say that, her smile a bit thin as she tried to think of an answer that said nothing, “My father learned to understand that a woman must be able to defend her home, in the absence of others. It is their responsibility, it was just a matter of convincing him to follow the logic from there,” she added, “I am sure Lord Stark will see soon the benefit.”

Arya huffed, and grew silent as she saw Jaime Lannister, among others. She was no fan of the Kingsguard, not after what happened to her friend. Amara dismounted, not at all troubled the presence of any of the others, and went to find an open stall, while Arya moved further away to find one of her own.

Rosa stared at Khal Drogo blankly before shifting slightly to look at His Khalasar; it was large, larger then the one she was with now and that would be something she could possibly work with to escape with later but she'd have to be cautious and play slave for now.

Her eyes snapped to the Khal as he spoke "She knows enough to heal herself.. someone of her strength would make the perfect wife, No? She's able to protect herself and far from weak.." The Khal seemed to know how to anger her; at his last few words she had jumped into action, grabbing a dagger from a warrior close by and flinging it at the Khal she was a slave to.

Everything had happened quick after that; she was pinned to the ground by a warrior and the Khal had a dagger in the side of his throat, he fell from his horse and died quickly after "You think you can give me away, to marry someone!? Your lucky I didn't kill you sooner!" The warrior grabbed her braid and hauled her up, prepared to kill her for killing the Khal

-----

Jaime took the saddle off his horse and placed him in a stall before moving towards Amara "There is an empty stall next to mine.." He looked her over a noticed the swords "You carry your weapons openly unusual for a woman.." his eyes cut to Arya further away, who narrowed her eyes then headed into the stall with her horse "You aren't one of Ned starks daughters either or are you a b****** of his?"

His words caused a few around them to look in his direction before shaking their heading and looking away again "You make me curious." He eyed her over again before looking into her eyes "One wrong move and I could easily kill you without a second thought." He turned with a smirk and left the stables with a laugh

Drogo almost barked a laugh at the thought of her being a wife. A Khaleesi should have a certain strength, that was known, but he didn’t need one who fought him tooth and nail. If he wanted that, he’d go fuck one of the Lamb Women. Not that they put up much of a fight, but it was better than having around someone who would think to slit his throat or that of his blood riders. If he wanted it rough, he had enough women in his own khalasar, as well.

He may have said as much, but it seemed the woman was intent to prove she would slit throats and be useless to him. Yet, she gave him an easy opening to overrun the rival khalasar, for while the bloodriders acted to pin her, the others gawked.

He considered letting her die, but thought better of it. She’d done him a service, in a way, he may as well at least let her survive and let her get on her way. He urged his steed forward then, and pulled out the curved arakh and quickly ran down the one holding the slave woman before they could drop her, lopping off his head with the blade before letting out a battle cry that drove the rest of his khalasar forward, whooping and screaming as they quickly charged down the rest of his rival’s group.

Bodies fell quickly around them. They had not been nearly as prepared for this.

~***~

Amara did not question why Jaime Lannister was offering the stall besides him. She simply walked her steed towards it, and began to undo the tack herself, listening as the blonde talked on, assuming things of her while she let her attention focus on the horse.

Perhaps it was the lack of care she offered to the Kingsguard, only briefly catching his gaze when she felt the heat of his own on her. It seemed to cause him to flippantly suggest he could kill her easily. ‘You may try.’ He presumed she would fight fair. She had learned better than that, and had half a mind to notch an arrow and shoot near his head as he laughed, exiting.

For a man so curious, he certainly enjoyed leaving with no answers.

“He’s an ass,” Arya hissed when he was gone, sneaking back up to Amara’s side, “Jaime Lannister. He’s just like all the rest of them.”

“I daresay he is like the Hound,” Amara contradicted, “but I’ll agree on the ass bit,” she decided, which was enough, “your horse is untacked?” A nod, “Let’s find the Tower then and get settled, then I think a bit of exploring is in order.” To the market. Because she was still fairly certain the heat was going to murder her.

Gold Snow Gold Snow

Rosa watched silently as the blood rider holding her fell to the ground missing his head; she then turned to watch Drogo, her saved her life and now she felt like she owed him which she groaned at "God damn it!!" She made her way to the horse of the dead Khal and pushed his body off; she loved the horse, Pure white with a black main and tail.

She pulled herself up onto the horse after getting the sadddle and harness off, she got comfortable: undoing the braid in her hair and letting it flow freely before lightly kicking the horse to move forward and in the direction of Drogo; She reached him and rode circles around him with a smirk before stopping by him "I owe you my life. I will serve you in return, I swear no harm will come to anyone from me; I won't even pick up a weapon unless you ask it of me..I also get to keep this horse."

----

Jaime left to visit his sister for a brief time before leaving again, her walked through the castle but soon found himself following after Amara again "You! What's your name?" He narrowed his eyes at Arya "Go talk dresses with your sister and future husbands, little girls shouldn't play with swords." He took a step closer "They could get hurt."

He stepped back after a minute and crossed his arms, husband armour clinking softly "Run along, runt. Your not needed here." He waved his hand before turning his attention to Amara "What's your last name? Like I said it's not Stark."

As the last of the khalasar of his rival was either being dispatched, or otherwise escaping, Khal Drogo caught sight of a white horse. He paused his own steed to let it catch up, recognizing the woman even if her braid was now loose. His eyes followed her as she circled, hand not leaving the arakh as she seemed to taunt him with her moves.

She didn’t make any action against him, or his khalasar, fortunately for her. She spoke of her debt, and he half-scoffed at it. He supposed she did owe a debt to him, though. Even he could understand that, and he mulled over her request and her bold declaration that she would keep the horse beneath her.

He glanced towards Haggo, briefly, “Blood of my blood, do you have no desire for the steed?” Likely not, but his bloodriders should always have first choice.

Haggo shook his head, “The steed does not interest me, but the rider does,” he confessed, earning some chuckles or outright laughter from others of Drogo’s khalasar as they started to encircle the area where the bold woman made her declaration.

Drogo waved it off, “We would have had no spare horse for you. Keep it. It is your responsibility,” Drogo allowed, before continuing, “What is your name? How will you serve?” Apparently she was no good at healing, and he was hesitant to allow her a blade, considering what she’d just done. Cooking? Well – she would learn something if she had no such talents. There were plenty of others who could show her something useful to do.

~***~

Amara and Arya had made it to the Tower of the Hand, and each learned their rooms, before they were going to head out to take a look at the market with Jory. Arya and Amara were already outside the Tower of the Hand, awaiting Jory and Sansa, when Jaime Lannister showed up again.

Arya made a show of being annoyed, letting out a long groan when he called out, “The ass is back,” she said it quietly, before Jaime was in earshot, and then fixed Jaime with a harsh glare as he came near and tried to dismiss her. “I am the daughter of the Hand, you can’t order me.” She reminded him firmly.

She didn’t want to talk dresses with Sansa. She didn’t want to be left alone with her, but Jaime was unswayed by her words. “Why don’t you—”

“It is all right, Arya,” Amara spoke up then, and Arya cut herself off, before scowling and walking towards the door. Not out of sight, but at least, out of earshot. Once leaning against the wall of the Tower, Amara let her attention return to Jaime, silver eyes fixing on his green ones. It was tempting to insult him. She’d traveled all the way from Winterfell, to here, and he did not know her name.

It was also tempting to lie. She did neither, “Bolton, Ser Lannister,” she answered him, “It would be remiss for a Bolton not to know how to wield a blade, male or female.” Their house words were, after all, Our Blades Are Sharp. “Is your curiosity sated, Ser, or do you require a demonstration?”

Gold Snow Gold Snow

Rosa closed her eyes for a few seconds with a sigh; thinking on the lessons her mother gave her to make her into a lady which didn't work so well, she'd often hide from her mother. She opened her eyes again and looked at him "I can cook and fix any clothes that need fixing.. I'm good at hand to hand fighting as well should you ever need help.."

Rosa stroked her horse again; glad to have her back after she was taken from her "Thank you for letting me keep my horse; I didn't think I'd have her back again after the fallen Khal took her from me when I was taken as a slave." She gently gripped her horse's main; Midnight and she turned her around and rode a bit further away: She knew they bit stopping soon with the sun setting

-----

Jaime watched Arya leave but had a feeling she hadn't actually left, he smirked at Amara and crossed her arms again "Bolton so I was right not a stark." He moved closer and looked down at her "You intrest me.. I'll give you a warning; watch out for my sister, she likes to play dirty without getting her hands dirty.."

He glanced to her weapons before smirking once again "I would to see that yes; perhaps one day against one of the guards but for now you best go to your room and dress appropriately, the feast will be starting soon for Ned's arrival as hand of the king.." He turned and began to walk away but called back "Wear a blue dress and be sure to bring your weapons!"

Last edited:
The Khal listened as she listed off traits and capabilities. He did notice she forgot to include her name, though remembered to include the detail that she was a fighter. He scoffed at the idea of needing help in such a way, but the smile remained on his lips at how she persisted in noting it.

The smile broadened into a laugh as she trekked on. As if she could set the direction. "Wrong way, girl." He called out, as that was not the path to Pentos. He turned his own steed back on track towards the land he was bound for, too learn why Illyrio wanted to meet him. He'd said something about a bride, and dragons, and conquering the land beyond the poisonous sea, all of which sounded mad - but mad enough to intrigue the Khal.

With the direction set, he looked to see if the brunette would turn back to join them or go on her way. Presuming the former, he gave Haggo command to keep direction before he sought out some of the other women within his khalasar to help provide direction and instruction to this new woman who would be joining with them. Irri was easily found, and he rode alongside her. "You have heard of the new one to join?"

"Yes, khal," she answered with an amiable bow of her head, dark eyes lowering.

"You will help her to adjust here, learn her role, Irri. I am entrusting this to you." He turned his steed a bit, "Follow." Irri turned her own beige horse and followed after Drogo to find and meet the woman she would act as mentor to, now that she had become a part of the khalasar.

~***~

Jaime's interest likely lied in the blades and the open way she wore them. He required no demonstration, not currently, but advised instead that she be wary of Cersei - who Amara could only think inherited her father's cunning if she played dirty - and to wear blue. The latter request nearly made her openly balk, but fortunately she maintained the mask of relative apathy as Jaime again turned to leave.

"Did Jaime just ask you to wear a blue dress?" Apparently, Sansa had overheard. Amara glanced over her shoulder to see her and Jory, and she put a light smile on her face for the girl's sake.

"It seems so." And though she considered refusing, she was intrigued enough to wonder at why.

Sansa had her own thoughts which she made clear with a delighted little laugh, "He must like you!"

"He's with the Kingsguard." Jory reminded, a scowl creasing his brow.

"Even so," Sansa was ever a hopeless romantic, "We'll have to find you something gorgeous in blue!" Amara managed not to roll her eyes. Arya did it for her. Even so, Amara played along, and found a dress in blue outside of others in pink and red - she did prefer to stay true to her house colors. When they returned for the feast, she changed into the blue, but did not wear the weapons openly, or even the same ones - she hid smaller daggers in the sleeves of the dress.

Rosa rolled her eyes and rolled her eyes before turning her horse around to follow the Khalasar, she pictured strangling Drogo with his own braid and a serene smile settled on her face as she relaxed; it wasn't something she was going to follow through with though.

She eyed the Khal with a curios gaze, a little bit of lust working it's way in after a minute; she definitely couldn't deny the Khal was attractive but she wouldn't do anything, she didn't like him that much. Seeing he was still in hearing distance she spoke up; finally telling him her name "Rosa. Call me anything else and I won't answer you."

----

Jaime had spent his time roaming the halls before the feast before heading to the hall when it was time; he of course stood by the door and watched people coming in silently but scowled when Amara came in wearing a blue dress but he couldn't not visibly see weapons on her.

He looked away and towards Cersei who was staring at him with a raised eyebrow then she looked to Amara; Sizing her up clearly from the way her eyes seemed to darken from anger and jealousy, he caught her gaze again and lightly shook his head to say he had no intrest: Cersei would be likely to cause the girl harm if she thought his interest was starting to shift elsewhere

The name was given at last, and Drogo acknowledged it. “Rosa. This is Irri,” he introduced, “she has been with my khalasar for a while now. She will help you adapt,” it was obvious to Drogo that this woman was not a dothraki. Where she was from, he didn’t know, and right then, supposed it did not matter.

The gleam in her eye was a familiar one, but he just let one side of his lips curl up a bit more slightly at it. “When we stop, there will be much for you to do, much for you to learn. We are bound to Pentos.” He informed, if only so she would know the direction so she would not go off in the wrong way, next time.

Assuming she knew where Pentos was from here. He doubted it. “Why is it you know how to fight, Rosa?” he decided to ask. She was not dothraki, so to him it was passing strange she would know how to fight. The men in their cities liked to keep their women tame, as if they were afraid of them.

It amused Drogo to no end how those men thought themselves so civilized and so much better than the Dothraki, when they would not be able to defend themselves if Khal Drogo ever wanted their cities.

~***~

Amara looked for Jaime when she entered, if only because of his request. She saw his scowl, and wondered if it was at the lack of weapons, or simply that she’d listened and played along. No matter – she supposed she’d learn the reason later, as for that moment she had to stay with Arya, while Sansa went to her prince, and to Myrcella, and the others.

Arya had no interest in them, nor, in truth, did Amara – even if the glance Cersei passed her was of interest. She’d done something to draw the attention of the lions. She wasn’t sure what, but it was going to make her stay in King’s Landing interesting, that much, at least, was certain.

She joined Arya with the household of the Starks, with Jory and the other men of Eddard Stark, who spoke with Arya about battles and the like, before trying to tease her and get her to look at other men in the area, try to encourage her to be more like Sansa – to no avail. “I heard your father has hired you a dancing instructor.”

Arya wrinkled her nose at that, “I don’t want a dancing instructor.”

“Why not? Dancing can teach plenty of useful steps,” Amara offered as the food came around to them, “I’ll show you, when others start to go dance,” she offered. It’d certainly be a decent enough distraction, and pull her away from the table after the meal to mingle with others. Her father would want her to start building some repertoire with those in the South, start considering alliances and the like. So when the music started at last, and people began to move from their food, Amara offered Arya her hand, and the young girl reluctantly agreed.

Rosa nodded, smiling at Irri then looking at Drogo with a raised eyebrow "my father decided to have someone teach me when I began showing interest in some weapons; I think he wanted me to be able to protect myself and that I'd want to roam free like a wild stallion. Never staying in one place."

She stayed silent after that and by the time they had stopped for the night: her clothes had changed to a tight top that stopped under her rib cage and a loose skirt that reached her knees; her other clothes were in a bag and placed around her horses neck carefully with a rope.

Drogo had been right; she was busy, helping to fix the clothes first before going to help cook the dinner under watchful eyes. She glanced around before grabbing some meat for Drogo and heading over to him, she placed the plate of horse meat at his side before getting back up and turning to walk away without a word.

---

Jaime continued to guard the door and watch Amara, making sure his eyes didn't stay on her for too long. Sansa smiled at the though of Arya learning how to dance "It will be good for you to learn Arya, become a proper lady." Something at the back of her mind bothered her; Arya didn't like doing lady things so why was her father having someone teach Arya how to dance?

Jaime watched silently as people began to dance and someone took over his place to watch the door so he could enjoy himself; he grabbed a drink before sitting at a semi empty table towards the back of the room, where his sister couldn't see him watch Amara. His lips curved into a smirk as he watched her dance with Arya and he sipped on his drink

The evening had trailed on, and eventually, Khal Drogo did call for the khalasar to stop for rest. That was when the work of others truly took over. Some went out to hunt – eating horse every day was not good for their own stock – while others went about cooking, healing, or mending things. The horses were seen to, water found, and much else done to make the transition to rest quick, and peaceful.

After all, they would be on the move again soon. Rest was hardly endured for long when they were on a journey. Though there were times when Drogo would spend days in one area of the Dothraki sea, those days were not so common any longer. He had a mission.

He took shelter under the canvas that was set up, upon mats of animal hide that were laid down, with fermented milk in his cup. He was about to get up to finally get meat in his belly, as the alcohol started to rise into his head, when it was instead brought to him by the new girl – Rosa, he recalled, though just barely as she began to turn away.

“Wait,” he called out to her, settling back down, “Stay a while. Eat.” Her attire had changed, revealing more of her figure. Hardly what a proper lady would have worn, but it seemed she was never brought up as one if her father accepted her as a wild stallion and let her learn to fight. She could be interesting, or at least, something different than the usual stories of battles that his blood riders reminiscenced over.

Besides, this new attire fit her. Or just fit the area. Either way, he wasn’t about to complain about her immodesty. Nor would he complain of the additional company and opportunity to figure out if he actually should worry that she might try to do harm to him or his khalasar. He did not think so – but one could hardly be too careful in his position.

He had made plenty of enemies.

~***~

Becoming a proper lady was hardly what Amara had to teach when she and Arya left the group. Instead, as she led, she told Arya about how dance was useful in learning to read body language and movement, and predict what would happen. She told her how it could also help to make her more mobile and flexible in combat situations, as well. They could not fight like Knights – Arya was too small by far – but they could learn other methods.

Arya proved a decent distraction, but Amara still felt the eyes. Not only Jaime, but others. The Bolton name was second only to Stark in the North, after all – and with no trueborn son of Roose left alive, Amara could have been ugly and attracted attention. She came with the Dreadfort, after all – power, prestige, wealth, and land, in the North. Any second-son would dream of it. Some first sons as well.

Arya was a deterrent for a bit, but eventually one grew bold enough to approach and ask. Amara let Arya deal with it, snappy attitude quickly sending him off, but only him – Amara knew her father wouldn’t much appreciate it, so she did send Arya back to Jory and the others, with a note to remember what she’d said, before she did go back after that lord to speak with him, and mingle a bit in the room, learn a bit about the company come to celebrate the arrival of Lord Stark.

Her path was intentional, though, eventually taking her to where Ser Jaime had decided to rest and observe, briefly thinking that she should have just ignored him all night. Danced with others. Tested his reaction and observations. It could have been fun. ‘You may yet.’ The night wasn’t over. “So is blue your favorite color, Ser?” She asked, once she had approached him at the table.

Rosa paused at the door, tensing a little as she turned around to face him; she had a good look around the room to see what I was like before moving over to him slowly: she sat infront of him but two feet away "I can't stay long Khal, I have work to do." She shifted and took a piece of horse meat, ripping into it with her teeth and slowly chewing on it.

When she finished the piece of meat, she looked at him "Was there something you wanted Khal? I can't sit here all night.." She looked around again and slowly began shifting back on her knees, bit by bit towards the door; Drogo would probably notice but she didn't really care "I should be going."

-----

Jaime looked up at Amara and smirked, checking to make sure Cersei wasn't watching them for a second then returning his gaze to her "You never told me your name." He took a sip of his wine and ate a bit of his food "It suits you." He raised an eyebrow "Shouldn't you be out there dancing? Your future husband could be out there."

He took a big gulp of his wine before getting up, Seeing Cersei leave; probably pretending not to feel well "I have somewhere to be." He left the hall and followed after Cersei to have some time alone with her before anyone really noticed them both missing at the same time

Last edited:
The canvas was only a roof, of a sort, a canopy over the area. They were open to the rest of the khalasar, so Drogo found it amusing that Rosa kept inching back towards the way she’d stepped into the canopied area with him, and tried to seem as if she had anything else to do. Did she forget that he was the khal? He could determine anyone’s change in role on a whim.

“You can sit here all night if I command it,” he reminded her, “I wanted to know you. Why you ended up with the other khalasar. Where you are from. Of your father. I want your company.” He expressed simply, lifting one knee to cross an arm over it as he leaned forward, towards her, without getting up to move closer.

He had no need to do so. “If you wanted to leave, you could have done so.” He reminded her, “but you pledged yourself instead to serve my khalasar. You must not want to go home or leave that badly.”

~***~

No, she hadn’t. She’d told him only Bolton. ‘You are poor at researching things.’ She did not say that, but noted his words on the blue, and then his departure. ‘Ah.’ A mere power play. A mere question of if he could get her to act as he liked. She made note of it, and then dismissed his presence. It would disappoint Sansa, no doubt – her scandalous romance out the window, but Amara would find other ways to keep her and Arya entertained.

Mostly because she had to. Jaime was certainly right, or close to it. She had duties to her house to find alliances in the South. Playing with Tywin’s golden boy may have been of use, but not in the ways her father would prefer.

“Have a good evening, Ser,” she bid when he rose, not stopping him at all, but letting him leave so she could resume her own mingling as well, and to convincing Sansa to actually be a bit more bold and ask Joffrey for a dance – she looked far too sullen otherwise.

Rosa stopped moving backwards as he answered her and leaned closer to her, She leaned back; placing a hand behind her to balance herself "You save my life, I owe you a debt so I won't leave but I can annoy you as I am here."

She raised an eyebrow and planned to over cook his food next time to the point it was burned "I'm from Yunkai, the dead Khal found me and thought I'd be an easy slave; Weak and do as I'm told." She moved back so she wasn't leaning backwards and got comfortable.

"He learned he was wrong the hard way when I managed to kill one of his men.." She smirked at her next words "I didn't use any weapons to kill him, I waited until he was tired from trying to get me." She continued smirking as she thought about how she had killed the warrior but never said how to Drogo.

"You can have my company but you stay where you are and don't come any closer." She reached forward and took another piece of meat to chew on "You don't need to know about my father."

-----

Jaime returned to the hall after a few minutes when he failed to find Cersei; it usually meant that she didn't want to be found. He switched with a guard at the door so he could have his fun and Jaime watched the dancers but his eyes often drifted to Amara.

He now knew her fully name and could find out a bit more about her; Jaime would have rob be careful who was asked though, many reported to his sister and certainly would if he was asking around about someone, He sighed before staring straight ahead, he wondered what his sister was doing

(I'll be back in a bit; I have to go catch the bus)

Rosa played at being honorable, despite the dishonorable way she’d dealt with the Khal from before. She claimed the life debt made her stay, but that she would be annoying, which caused the amusement to fade from Khal Drogo’s face and his expression to darken. If she had killed one of his men, he would not let her get away alive with it.

The other Khal was only proving his weakness more by showing his inability to keep people in line. No wonder he wanted to trade her off.

Drogo was tempted to move closer, if only to make a point, but he did not. “You are not a slave here. You can leave at your leisure, but if you stay, you serve. If you annoy me, if you kill my men, you will be treated as one of the khalasar,” justice would be given unto her just as it would anyone else. She was not considered an unwilling and defiant slave to be treated with torture or deprivation, or just traded off.

She was one of them while she was here, “I do not want you here if you wish only to annoy and hinder my progress, Rosa.” He did not call her girl, or another term associated with the Yunkai, though his lips curled at the effort to not do so. After her, he reached for a bit of horse meat as well, and bit deeply into it. “Do you understand that?” He did not think she did. She seemed to think she was here as a hostage by suggesting she would annoy, here not of her own will.

She was.

And if she did not learn, then she would have a short life.

~***~

“I would not have thought Roose was named after the Rose.”

Amara had somehow found herself with Garlan Tyrell, second-son and not yet pledged, and a useful ally – considering the Reach provided quite a bit of food during the winters, having someone at the Dreadfort of the Tyrell name would, indeed, be quite useful to the future of the Dreadfort and the North.

Though he was a bit soft from a life of luxury, he was as his nickname suggested – gallant. The pair had moved from chatting to dancing easily enough with the suggestion of Loras Tyrell, who was there for the Tourney of the Hand. Willas and Margaery had stayed behind in Highgarden. “Flower names are common in my family,” Amara admitted. Her own name stemmed from Amaranth. “I think it may be because of the lack of them in the North.”

“Hardly what one would expect from the Boltons.”

“I’m sure your family isn’t all flowers and soft hands, either, Ser Tyrell,” she pointed out, earning an easy smile from him as they moved through a turn.

“No, I suppose there is always more than the stereotypes – though we do have a lot of flowers.” Amara glanced briefly over his shoulder to make sure that Sansa had gone over to Joffrey, and smiled to herself as it seemed she had convinced him to rise and join her. She hardly thought to look for Jaime after he left, and so her attention returned easily to Garlan. Gallant indeed…a little boring, but boring wasn’t bad. He wouldn't be a challenge to her, at least.

Rosa's expression turned angry at the mention of if she killed one of his men in the future "I won't kill your men. I haven't tried to kill you have I and I can spot one way on you that I can kill you by, it's the same way I killed one of the dead Khal's men; Your braid."

She thought for a second to prove she was being honest about serving him and quickly came up with a solution; She was a woman so it might not have the same meaning but she was a warrior.

She began braid her hair and tying it at the end before cutting it off at her shoulders with a blade from her boot and throwing her hair into his then leaning forward to hand him the dagger with the handle towards him, She lifted her eyes to him and stared into his eyes "That is the only weapon I had, Can I leave now, Khal?"

----

Jaime watched the exchange with interest but quickly grew bored; Not with Amara, just when it was clear to him that there was no threat. He had another guard switch with him before approaching Amara "I'm going to cut in here." His voice was even and not giving anything away.

Jaime pushed Garlan back a bit too roughly before gently taking Amara's hand, he smirked as Garlan stumbled a bit before focusing on Amara and began following the dance everyone else was doing "You have interest in a mere boy and here I thought you were warming up to me."

Khal Drogo just rolled his eyes at her little temper tantrum, declaring she hadn’t tried to kill him. ‘You probably didn’t try to kill the other khal until you did.’ Unless that other khal was so stupid. Not to mention she had claimed not to try killing the other man until he was tired. He presumed it wasn’t until after the other had defiled her and was resting after his conquest, and now he knew she hadn’t just grabbed his throat. Apparently she’d used the braid against him. He must have had a fairly long one for it to be of use as a weapon.

Hardly a surprise, though. Even Drogo knew the downfalls of having a long braid – they were easy to grab. Thus it was all the more powerful a symbol to have one intact.

She seemed to think cutting off her own braid would help her situation. She threw it down, and while it was impressive in some respects that she’d so willingly part with one of the most beautiful parts of her, it didn’t earn her any leave. “No.” He stated, “You will tell me why you do not want to go home. Then you may leave.” She hadn’t wanted to speak of her father.

Did her father attempt to molest her?

He let her try swords – it seemed strange that she did not wish to speak him, and now, that she was trying so hard to prove she was meant to stay there in the khalasar despite declarations that she would be annoying.

He didn’t understand, and it was growing increasingly frustrating.

~***~

Perhaps Amara thought to soon – Sansa might get her delights from Jaime, as he cut in to the dance and pushed Garlan aside. The other man clearly looked peeved by it, and may have challenged Jaime’s assertion, but did not wish to make a scene. He glanced briefly to Amara, to check if she needed the intervention.

She managed a subtle shake of her head, and then let herself step into Jaime’s hold, following the steps easily, but not without a quirk of her lips as he suggested she would be warming up to him. “Things seem rather different in the South. I was unaware that men showed their interest in another by constantly running off and threatening to kill them,” Amara pointed out. So far that was how all of them had gone. Jaime spoke and ran off, or with their first encounter, threatened to kill her.

Hardly the way one courted in the North.

“Garlan Tyrell is tied to a powerful family, and not otherwise wed to a white cloak. Why should I not pursue him?” She wasn’t thinking with emotions, only the cold logic the Boltons were known for. She had them, of course – but those were hardly meant for public displays.

Rosa sighed and held back a groan "I feel like I fit in more with the dothraki then I did at home. Your women can dress as they please; Do you really think I'd fit in with the people of Yonkai? My father saw so and let me leave despite my mother's protests to make me stay and become a lady."

She scoffed at the idea "I'm a woman but certainly no lady. Being here will give me that freedom even if I'm a cook." She stood up, dropping the dagger onto the floor "I have told you why so now I can leave like you said." She turned and began heading back to the fire to help cook some more food.

------

Jaime laughed "No they don't not but Im not everyone.." He smirked before leaning to whisper in her ear "A boy would have no idea what to do in your chambers if you two marry." He straightened back up and looked down at her "A white cloak can easily be left behind if I leave here."

He changed the topic "Do you like flowers, of is it something else you like?" Maybe when he found out; he would leave it as a gift in her room "Blue is your colour by the way." He smirked again before picking her up and spinning her around at the same time as everyone else then setting her back down

There it was, a true answer that made some sense. She wanted the freedoms of this life, though of course, she was still bound to serve the khalasar. He wondered how long she might truly like it, or if soon enough she would be running back home after realizing this life was not what she thought it would be. Still, he would humor the whim, so long as it did them no harm. It was interesting to see a non-Dothraki wish to be one of them.

The “civilized” people rarely had such an interest.

She rose, clearly wishing to leave his company still, and he did not stop her. He did, however, rise, picking up both the braid and the dagger, “You can take your dagger,” he offered, and would toss it towards her if she looked back.

He would have to think of something to do with the braid. It was such a strange display and action that it deserved to be kept in some fashion. Honored, in a way. Perhaps he'd add a few bells to it, too. He'd figure it out.

~***~

‘And you do?’ Amara didn’t question Jaime’s capabilities in the bedroom, though. If he was daring to suggest as much, he was likely not as chaste as his white cloak suggested. She wondered idly who he had on the side, or how many poor women fell prey to his green-eyed charm.

He was likely right – he could get rid of his cloak. A boon of being Tywin’s son – he would find a way to get Jaime dismissed from the Kingsguard if it meant his son would finally marry and give Tywin what he wanted.

She was spun after his question, and let the slight smile pull at her lips at his openness now. Perhaps his current woman was gone? “I do enjoy flowers – and I shall keep that in mind,” she preferred her house colors, but she may add more blue.

Though she didn’t plan to waste all of her money on dresses. “How many young women have you enthralled with talk of leaving behind your cloak, Ser?” She spoke it in a more teasing tone, hoping to challenge his declaration a bit. “I presume it works on most.” But she was also not most.

Rosa pulled on her hair as she was leaving, disliking the shortness but it would grow back with time; hearing his voice, Rosa turned around before heading over to collect the dagger "Thank you." She took it from with a smirk, letting her fingers brush lightly against his palm.

She crouched down and put the dagger back in her boot before getting up and leaving, she headed over to the fire and found that what had been needed had been cooked already. She grabbed some food and ate silently for a few minutes before getting up when she was finished, there was a lake nearby and she planned to go wash before returning to the camp.

She smiled as she got to the lake before undressing and diving into the water, she swam under the surface for half a minute before surfacing and pushing her hair back out of her face.

------

Jaime raised an eyebrow "Women don't openly display weapons so you aren't like other women clearly; you would be the first and only. Many women haven't caught my eye but you have." He continued dancing with her and people got drunker before starting to head back to their rooms

He stopped dancing with her a minute later and held his arm out for her "Perhaps I can walk you back to your room, there will be drunken men about in the halls." His tone was warning; trying to say to her what can happen if she was caught alone "It's getting late."

Khal Drogo finished his own meal in silence, before venturing out into his khalasar to check things over. The fires were dying out, and the moon was beautiful and full above them. The stars all shone brightly, and the sounds of the khalasar, while quieted, were still present. There were not so many horses nearby, and he knew that they were taken out to drink at the river.

They would not always be so near a river. In the morning, many would take advantage of it to cleanse themselves. While Khal intended to follow it a little ways more on their route to Pentos, even he knew he could do with a good bath before they tore away from the river.

He decided he would do so under the light of the moon. It was under moonlight and starlight that much was done, under the eyes of the Goddess of the Moon and the God of the Sun. The dothraki knew to keep the gods aware and not hide away from them, as the so-called civilized people did, hiding their violence and their love from the eyes of those who would watch over them and protect them during these things, or accuse them of it.

So Drogo made his way to the river, and as soon as he started to undo his braid to wash out his hair, he noticed he was not alone. The surface of the water broke, and rising from its depths was the brunette woman. The silvery glow came upon her skin and reflected well upon her, enough to make Drogo pause and admire even from this distance. It may have been foolish of her to come out here alone, when a man may have easily taken advantage, but he wasn’t about to find fault in it now.

Not when he was the only one around here to enjoy the image.

He chuckled to himself and went back to his own task, deciding not to draw attention to himself. If she didn’t notice now, she’d notice soon enough when he joined her in the water, which was his step once his own clothing was discarded on the shore and his hair loosened.

~***~

Amara certainly believed she was different from plenty of women that Jaime encountered, but hardly considered the matter of weapons would be enough to entice him. He suggested it was only her, and she was not sure if she believed him as she moved through the dance. Men liked to boast of their conquests. To downplay it seemed passing strange, unless he was actually trying to make her seem special.

A good tactic.

Her mind always lingered on such things, but what was the harm in letting it linger there and enjoying the moment of, indeed, having a Lannister declare she was something more. Even if it was mere strategy, he’d at least thought enough to try it out.

The dance came to its end, and Amara anticipated going back to Sansa, or Arya, but when she glanced out, she noticed how many had already left. She didn’t even see Jory. She thought briefly to turn Jaime down, but thought better of it – her daggers would come in handy against anyone, but why risk it when a Kingsguard would keep most at bay just by existing? No unnecessary bloodshed, and Sansa would die to hear of it. “I can hardly refuse your offer with my own party gone. Thank you, Ser Jaime,” she took his arm, and did glance once more, this time for Garlan.

He, too, was gone. ‘Well, another time.’ Assuming this was all a game with Jaime. If it wasn’t…well, she’d consider that later.

Rosa breathed in deeply after she had pushed her hair back, the water was cold causing her to shiver but after a second her body adjusted to it and stopped shaking; She sighed softly before looking up at the moon: it was bright tonight and she favoured the nights, you could see the stars.

Things were certainly going to be different now for her; the Dothraki never stayed in one place for long and it was certainly different from growing up in Yunkai, She'd grew up inside the walls of the city and had never set foot outside of it until now: She was out now and planned to try and enjoy it, with the Dothraki: she could travel somewhat safely and have some freedom to do what she liked without the rules of the society she was born into.

She came out of her thoughts when she saw movement from the corner of her right eye, she looked at the person and noticed it was Drogo; the moonlight made his skin seem a little lighter along with reflecting off parts his hair, she stared for a second longer before turning her head away and making no attempt to hide.

She half believed Drogo had no interest in her; he of course had the option of many Dothraki women: who were tanned, dark haired, tall and were part of his Khalasar compared to her pale, thin and not that tall form. She let out a breath and set to work on washing her body despite the audience that was making his way towards the water.

----

Jaime took her arm and began leading her out of the hall and into the halls, true to what he said; as soon as they were in the halls: a few drunken men were in the halls and had looked Amara's way but stumbled away drunkenly when they saw Jaime.

It was true people were scared of him; he had course had killed the mad king and a few others as he was on the Kings guard but the mad king haunted him the most 'Burn them all' he shuddered at the words floating into his head and quickly pushed away the horrible memory.

He turned his attention to Amara, it would help him forget the memory for now if he focused on something else "So Amara what do you plan to do tomorrow? Anything fun?" He smirked before decing tk joke "It would be quite a scandal if you were caught in the shadows with a boy; what would Ned say?" He chuckled before shaking his head.

"Perhaps you can watch me spar tomorrow if you don't already have plans?" He obviously had to keep up his fighting skills or he could get rusty but he was also giving her a way out with that question; if she didn't want to or actually had other plans, he wouldn't be that disappointed if she did but would find another time to see or spend time with her "You'll have to lead the way to your room; I don't know which is yours."​

The Khal saw the way the woman looked towards him, lingering too long upon him, before abruptly turning her head away. She made no effort to hide herself, but went back to the task of washing herself as he waded into the water, letting the chill run through him as his legs touched it first, and slowly began to engulf him.

Like most Dothraki, he was not a fan of deeper waters. They tended to remind him of the poisonous sea that would kill his horses if they drank of it, but he knew enough to keep himself afloat in deeper waters. He could not rely on his horse alone to keep him above deep waters if they had to cross it.

If she had no plans to hide, he had no plans to hide himself, either. He’d brought with him a rough soap, while the oils for his hair were left on the shore, for now. He kept it above the water as he swam out, “You are not at all like the women of Yunkai,” he commented once closer, and only then dipped the soap into the water, before running it over his arm to start removing some of the dirt through the roughness and suds.

He was lucky to have some in the khalasar who could make such things as they moved about. Access to the soapnuts helped, of course, but forming and shaping them into these slabs was still something he understood little of, nor how they managed to add such scratchy beads to the bar that aided in cleansing. “You should not go out alone like this. Go with the women. Until the men know and accept you as part of the khalasar, they may consider you prey instead.” Drogo advised.

It could have been any other man who joined her out here, and not all would know to leave her be – that she was no longer among the sheep for them to take at their leisure.

~***~

Something caused Jaime to shiver, and the Bolton Lady doubted it was her own touch. True, her hands were cold, but that hadn’t been his reaction in the dance, nor when she took his arm. It was too delayed for that. She thought it may be the change in temperatures as they left the Great Hall, still heavy with heat from the festivities, but the way he moved towards speaking with her and distraction suggested something more.

Something to keep in mind for later.

At his query, she shook her head, “I am afraid I have had little time to consider all I may do here. Arya will be busy with her new instructor, and I believe Lady Sansa will wish to find time with her betrothed,” she had, more or less, free reign to do as she liked, and she couldn’t help but find Jaime’s talk of scandal almost as amusing as Sansa’s interest, “It hardly matters what Lord Stark thinks, compared to my Lord Father.”

And Roose’s opinion on the matter would likely be in favor, so long as the scandal didn’t actually spread and defame House Bolton…unless another large name went down with it. Her father was ever plotting.

“I believe I could join you, but do not expect me to only watch. I’ll get bored – no matter how well you fight,” she chuckled a bit, and pulled lightly on Jaime’s arm, “This way, it’s in the Tower of the Hand,” one perk of being with the Stark party, she stayed with them. They’d have to exit the Red Keep and cross the yard, but that should be no more troublesome, “Should I bring a more obvious weapon tomorrow than the ones I’ve brought tonight, Ser?” She asked then, imagining Jaime still had no idea she was armed that evening.

Rosa laughed at his comment; it was true and the women from Yunkai stared at her with thinly hidden dislike because she was different "You state the obvious; I enjoy a good fight then silly things like dresses and boys." She finished washing her body and relaxed "Who wants a boy, he wouldn't know what to do with a woman's body."

She moved to float on her back and laughed louder at what he said next, she moved off her back and swam very close to him; staring up at him "Maybe I want them to consider me pray; it could be what I want." She smirked before swimming backwards and towards the shore slowly

"You assume to know what I want but you don't know a thing." She raised an eyebrow, pausing a few feet away "Another thing; here you are, you would've seen me before you came into the water and your body is open to my eyes." Her eyes shot down then back to his eyes "You want me to see your body; maybe I enjoy what I see." She was teasing him and it was up to him if he took chase; she left the water and pulled her clothes on despite being wet, heading into the long grass not long after.

-----

Jaime listened nodding a little at her words, following where she was going from her side "Maybe I will have the pleasure of fighting with you tomorrow then.. " he chuckled softly when she asked about bringing a more obvious weapon, so she had been armed after all "You just gave away you were armed; if I was an enemy, I could s taken advantage of it but yes please"

The word 'please' was weird on his tongue; he rarely used it but he had a feeling with Amara is was going to become well known it him. Her weapons were a mystery to him and it made him even more curious "Tell me; how many weapons did you bring here or own? It's refreshing to see a woman not afraid to show or let others know she has weapons on her."

His sister of course preferred poison or having someone else doing her dirty work, Jaime could see how dark and twisted she was but he was just the same. It was fitting seeing as they were siblings, twins and among other things. Robert was either a fool, an idiot or blind, maybe all of the above if he couldn't see what was going on or that his children clearly weren't his; they looked too much like him and Cersei to be his.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back