• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Galactic War

Shepard

The Not-So-Rottenfuhrer
The Galaxy is at WAR. The recent fall of the Confederation Agreement has caused mass turmoil. The recent galactic war in the Edelweiss System has cast colonial forces from the surviving nations into a new system...Magna Graecia

The Department of Commerce of The Republic of Neu Deutschland {DCND} has already reached Magna Graecia setting up numerous Haven Class Space Stations. The DCND has also brought along a Defense Force not to be reckoned with.

The DCND has also considered reimposing the Inter-Galactic Peace Council {IGPC} in order to restore peace to the galaxy.

Players will have individual characters but are responsible for creating a nation (starting with one planet (a colony) of their choosing). There are three primary planets: Earth-like, tundra (raw material rich), and wasteland (depleted tundra; industry: ok). Colonizing planets requires d10 hours. Capturing/annexing planets requires three ground victories and orbital superiority (will be explained further if interest is shown)

Nations may own one (1) WMD or Weapon of Mass Destruction. These include biological viruses, Sun Crushers, Death Stars, or what have you. However, these will all be balanced in one way or another and any other player may counter a WMD if they use a logical method in doing so.

For example, the Imperial Remnant recreated the Sun Crusher (which fires a torpedo into a sun causing a super nova) and I used Defensive Gravity Wells to pull the torpedo off its path.

Nations also have the ability to perform secret research. This may be countered with Espionage rolls (d100) which can be further countered by Counter-Espionage rolls (d100 +10). Research projects include WMDs, advanced warfare tactics, ship designs, targeting systems, weapon systems, module design, etc.

For example, I created a secret project capable of destroying shields by a high powered laser beam.

You may also research advanced ship designs to better your naval fleets.

In times of -Peace-, players may make moves freely (no round robin needed). All non-instantaneous actions require dice rolls as determined by the GM (Research requires d10, hyper jumps d6, hit chance d100, damage roll d10). All d100 rolls may have boosts and must be higher than 50 to be successful. Combat actions must take place during <WAR> time (not including hyper jumps) where a round robin style play IS required.

Economy will affect each nation (you can't produce one-million capital ships and not expect me to smack with an invisible hand of hyperinflation). Those who keep their domestic economies in mind will better be able to outproduce their competitors.

As a GM, I will have a playable nation (primarily neutral anyway) but my biggest purpose will be the IGPC and random events (pirates, convoys, rebellions, etc).

I've set up Galactic War to not need a GM 24/7. The integrity of the RP is primarily up to the players. Keep everything fair, respect each other, use common sense, and I won't need to GM every move. I will be spectating during <WAR> time and I ask that players request <WAR> time before attacking another nation. I will make the final say of <WAR> and -Peace- time.

Will war tear apart this new, virgin system? Or will peace bring about a new golden age across the universe? In a place filled with darkness and mystery, only the strong and wise will survive. All others will perish.

Dang. This was met with a lot more interest where I come from...maybe I should've mentioned the space whales...

Where did you come from? I personally prefer harder sci-fi, but thats too hard to do with a nation game obviously. I might be interested in playing as some kind of alien or transhuman faction just chillin around, not wanting to get involved in wars that don't involve them other than to try to talk sense into people.

lucidnonsense said:
Where did you come from? I personally prefer harder sci-fi, but thats too hard to do with a nation game obviously. I might be interested in playing as some kind of alien or transhuman faction just chillin around, not wanting to get involved in wars that don't involve them other than to try to talk sense into people.
Hey, man. I knew a guy with a dinosaur nation who had giant space whales with black holes in their mouths. xD Trust me, there's a place for you.

Shepard said:
Hey, man. I knew a guy with a dinosaur nation who had giant space whales with black holes in their mouths. xD Trust me, there's a place for you.
I'm pretty sure that's just the opposite of hard sci-fi, with the whales with black holes for mouths, not saying i'm against it. But I could probably make an interesting nation just have to decide on whether I want to be augmented humans or augmented aliens.

I've never tried a space based nation builder, most get too bogged down in needing every single troop type described on a massive scale but this sounds nicely streamlined.

SpiralErrant said:
I've never tried a space based nation builder, most get too bogged down in needing every single troop type described on a massive scale but this sounds nicely streamlined.
With Mandalorians, that is after some point impossible since they basicly recruit anyone who wants to join. Regardless of their gender or background or species.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back