• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Galactic Empires Reborn I: Residual Chaos

Mist Demon

A Broken Frame
Introductions

For a handful of people, as in two or three, this is what has been requested for some time now. An entire rebirth of the Galactic Empires series you’ve asked for me to return. Which is why I must start with an apology. I’m not going to dance around excuses as to why this has taken so long. The failure of the initial GE here on RPNation left a sour taste in my mouth. It forced my realization that I’m at many times not an excellent writer. It simply put wasn’t fun when players worked together and still were not capable of defeating a combined threat.

Another intense problem centered around rebirthing the series was that it didn’t feel right to copy/paste over the exact same Sigmaterian formula. I spent considerable time trying to write up one single, canon story for the entire Sigmaterian history, story, etc. but it never felt right. Which led to probably the greatest idea I’ve had for the series: there isn’t an established canon.

Given that each GE takes place in a different universe, it only makes sense that large variables exist between each one. What if in each universe the Sigmaterian empire was different?

This establishes the basis of the rebirthed GE series. It allows me the creative writing freedom to envision the Sigmaterian species, ideals, etc. different each time while still keeping the key principles of the empire the same.

Therefore each new chronicle of the GE series can revolve around asking whether or not the players are capable of working together as a combined force to fight off a different Sigmaterian threat each time.

Story

The Sigmaterian Residual Collectors Initiative (SRCI) has finally grown, just as many different iterations of the Empire has before it, to become a possible threat to the rest of its Universe. Forced to continue expanding and infecting new planets to continue their way of life the SRCI is ruthless in its conquest. With the Sigmaterian’s goal this time being nothing short of giving all impure species the chance to transcend to something greater all life in this Universe is at risk.

Will this nameless Universe be doomed to fall to the Sigmaterian corruption like so many others before it? Or will the resident empires be capable of putting their difference and pathetic wars aside long enough to realize the implications of just how large a threat the SRCI poses to their way of life? Will this universe serve as a bastion of safety, the line unbroken, from the all encompassing Sigmaterian threat or will allies turn on allies when all hope is lost?

Only time will tell.

Rules/Important Notes

-It’s important to remember both while creating your empire and battling against the SRCI that given they are the main antagonist they should be stronger than any one empire. This is as to force all other players to work together to get the ‘good’ ending. Regardless I’ll do my best to keep power creep from going too crazy while both keeping the fight entertaining and intense.

-While this is an empire themed thread (loosely so), the focus when writing posts should be centered around characters. For instance if one wished to talk about recent news in the empire instead of stating something happened rather two soldiers of your empire could be talking about it while standing watch.

-Keep the story interesting. If every empire simultaneously joins forces and stomps out the SRCI what fun is that? Given that we live on a planet covered by a single sentient species, humans, and even then we can barely get along imagine how difficult it would be for different alien species to work together.

-My word as the thread creator is law. However, ensuring that all players are having an enjoyable experience is also part of my job. If there’s something I’m doing that bothers the majority of the players bring it up to me. I’ll be happy to work with you.

-All rules of RPNation apply, of course.

-Just have fun. Instead of allowing this thread to break down into arguing and bickering shouldn’t it be focused around simply having fun? You don’t always win every battle.

-I’ll add more rules/notes as I see fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I join, would I be able to play as two factions? One being a rebel faction working to free their people at all costs?

This seems interesting. Would it be allowed if instead of being the actual leader of the nation I could be the leader of a minor radical party in an nation?

Bobisdead123 said:
If I join, would I be able to play as two factions? One being a rebel faction working to free their people at all costs?
player2 said:
This seems interesting. Would it be allowed if instead of being the actual leader of the nation I could be the leader of a minor radical party in an nation?
I've got absolutely no problems with either of these questions. Both sound like interesting ideas that I look forward to seeing in action.

Although I will ask why these questions were posted on the overview instead of the OOC tab. No problem, but it simply seems odd.

[QUOTE="Zabuzas Son]I've got absolutely no problems with either of these questions. Both sound like interesting ideas that I look forward to seeing in action.
Although I will ask why these questions were posted on the overview instead of the OOC tab. No problem, but it simply seems odd.

[/QUOTE]
since it was a mechanics question I felt I could be lazy and not switch tabs

Think I might play a faction that is like the SRCI a post-singularity semi-hivemind, but with much more benign goals, and unfortunately less technology and less numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back