• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

FxF (private)

St. Cloud's academy. A place of note for being a jack of all trades. You can attend school here and have a notable degree in any field. Emeli is nearing her graduation, this being her last year. She's getting ready for the start of the next semester, having taken off last semester as vacation.

Let's see, where are my classes? Emeli was reviewing her schedule, learning where things were and preparing supplies. She still had a few days before the semester started.

Emeli heard she was getting a new roommate. Emeli had the room to herself for the last semester and it was nice. She was able to leave her study supplies all over the place without feeling like a slob, though she's since cleaned up. The room was a typical dorm room. Small, beige, and boring. The two beds were on opposite sides of a single large window. Two large closets sit side by side to the right of the entrance with the bathroom on the left. Both beds had a small dresser at the foot of the beds. Other than that and the horrible blue carpeting there was nothing of nots in the room.

Well, now is as good a time as any to start going over material. Emeli always bought her books early so she could get a head start on her assignments. She had sent several books laid out on her bed, which was the one to the right of the window, and was studying, looking ahead to see what she may need to complete her classes.

Amy sigh as she neared here new dorm room. "Why did they have to move me? I was fine where I was," Amy thought to herself as she unlocked the dorm door with her new key. "Ever heard of homeostasis?" She murmured to herself, not realizing that she had a roommate this year. With a sigh, still not seeing her new roommate, walked over to the bed closest to the door, staring at the floor.

Then she looked up. She blinks in surprised. "I thought I asked for a room only for me?!" Any screams in her head. She sighs and rolls her eyes, starting to unpack and ignore the newcomer. Just for safe measures, she puts on her headphones and turns up the volume to block out any sound.

Ah, her roommate wasn't a talker, that's OK. Emeli respected her need for quite and alone time, for now at least. She finished up the last of her studying and stacked her books neatly on the floor next to her bed.

Emeli had track practice to go to, but she took out a piece of paper and began writing, taping it to the door on her way out.

I'm going out to track practice, but afterwards I'm going to pick up food. Haven't decided what I want yet though. If you want dinner, or anything else, just give me a call. 555 5551. Emeli Quaia

:)

Amy sighs, placing her sonic screwdriver replica on her small dresser next to her bed. She puts her clothes in there too, along with a small book. Any looks around and sees her roommate is gone and takes her headphones off and puts them around her neck. She looks at the door and sees the note she was left. She rolls her eyes and rips it off, balling it up and throwing it into the trash. She plops on her bed, a bit tired. "I'll just head to the cafe for a coffee," Amy thinks, grabbing her phone and walking out the door.

Its nearing the middle of the night now and Emeli is nearly to her dorm. She never received a phone call, so she ate out instead of bringing home food. She opened the door and, as she guessed her new roommate wanted to be left alone, she wasn't going to talk to her until she wanted to be talked to. Emeli took a shower and began getting ready for bed, humming softly to herself as she brushed her teeth.

Amy was on her bed, typing very fast on the keyboard of her laptop, typing code. Her headphones were on again. She has been in this spot on her bed for hours, programming and coding. Ever sense she had gotten home, toying and typing is all she has been doing. She reached over at the bagel she brought home from the cafe and took a bite.

On her way to bed Emeli looked over at her new roommate, giving a quick smile before heading towards her bed. She knew her phone was probably going to blow up all night, and as much fun as listening to Samuel Jackson say 'That is a tasty burger' is, she had a roommate to respect now, so she put her phone on silent and slinked under her covers before falling asleep. Only two days left until the next semester and she still had a lot to do before that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amy just kept typing away, ignoring her roommate. She turned up her music, headphones blaring.

A few minutes later, Amy looked up at her roommate, seeing she was trying to sleep. She bites her bottom lip, turning her music down and typed a little lighter.

Ah, early morning. What a horrible time of day to be awake. But Emeli always woke up early, usually for an early morning run. She slipped out of the room quietly with her stuff, making her way to the outdoor track on campus before warming up and going for a jog. The sun was barely peeking out from the horizon, not wanting to quite wake up either. Maybe the sun would hit the snooze button and go back down? If only Emeli could turn back time, she would sleep again.

After her run it was time to get some food. Its a good thing they actually had good food in the cafeteria. Though it did have an odd setup. One half was all round tables and chairs, the other half was the typical long tables with benches attached. Hardly anyone wa s up so the cafeteria was pretty empty. A good place to eat and study. A few nerds playing card games at one of the long tables near the end, but Emeli always sat at the round tables. She sat down and pulled out her laptop, turning it on and cringing as it made its usual loud start-up beeps, looking around and giving a goofy smile as the fee others around looked at her, before becoming engrossed with her work.

Around the time that Emeli got to the cafeteria, Amy woke up. Yawn, the same sound that came out of her every morning. She reached over towards her small dresser and picked up her glasses and put them one, blinking to adjust her eyes to what was now a clear room. She grabbed her laptop and headed for the cafeteria, hoping to see someone there she knew.

When she got there, she saw the usual nerd at the end of a table playing Magic the Gathering, then she saw Emeli at one of the circle tables. She shrugged and grabbed a tray and some food, heading the the opposite end of the long table as the nerds, opening her laptop and going back to typing code.

Nearing the end of Emeli's usual hour long study period a few people came and left, most of them saying hi and bye to Emeli as they passed by, and Emeli was packing up her laptop and study supplies. She admittedly didn't get much done. A few times she looked up to her see her new roommate, thinking to herself. She is kinda cute, isn't she? The way she just buries herself in her work. Those cute little glasses. The way.. Wait, no, stop it! I'm not gay, I like boys! Emeli looked down, finishing her packing with a frown. Her family hates her for being gay, so she tries to convince herself otherwise. One of the reasons Emeli is always busy, work is an easy distraction. Speaking of work, if she didn't hurry up, she was going to be late for her tutoring. She may be off this semester, but others aren't, and she still needed to help them pass their classes! Emeli hurriedly picked up her bags and scurried out the door, hoping not to keep her student waiting.

Amy, when she was done coding, scanned over it and then nodded happily. She packed her things up around the same time as Emeli and headed out the other door. She rushed back to her dorm, seeing as this was one of her few free days. Amy grabbed her bag and left a note like her roommate did, explaining that she was going to be in the campus workshop all day, and that if her roommate wanted something to eat, Amy could pick something up later. She left her number, 000-5136, on the notecard and taped it to the door before grabbing her skate board and gradin for the workshop.

Emeli was done with her tutoring and walking back to her dorm to get ready for her next activity with her friend, Mary. "Yeah, I know, it can be very boring at times, I mean, I did that class in high school, and now I'm teaching it to others." Said Emeli, making fun of her tutoring, though she really did love to help others learn and understand things. "Haha, maybe you should look for another line of work!" Teased Mary, poking Emeli in the shoulder.

The two reached Emeli's room. Emeli said she was going to be a quick second as she changed her clothes, which were beginning to smell from the sweat from her run earlier. When she entered her room and closed the door she noticed the note on the door, saving the number in her phone as she laughed audibly, causing her friend, still waiting outside, to raise her brows in curiosity. Emeli quickly changed and left with her friend, explaining that her roommate had thrown away her note, but now left the same note for her.

The two friends took Mary's car off campus. They both volunteered at a local soup kitchen when they had free time. While riding Emeli texted her roommate. "Hi Amy, this is Emeli! I would love something to eat. Where r u going? I like most foods, except sushi, it tastes weird haha! And what time r u coming back?" Emeli's activity didn't require her to stay, so she was free to leave whenever Amy was planning on getting back.

(I assumed Amy left her name on the note, so that's how Emeli would've known her name :D Also, you said in your last sentence that Amy was gradin for the workshop. Did you mean heading? Or is that just a word I don't know? :P )

(Yeah, I meant heading)

When Amy got to the workshop, she got the text. "I plan on just getting either Chinese or Filipino. You choose. And I plan on getting back around 8 or 9," She replies, opening the door and heading to an empty table.

She puts her phone to the side and pulls out some materials and starts working on something that she has been planning for a while now.

Today's a fairly busy day at the soup kitchen. It's past noon now and Emeli and Mary are taking a break. Emeli sees the text and responds saying she wants Chinese with a silly grin on her face. Around eight o' clock is plenty of time for Emeli to finish up her day of activities. She doesn't particularly like Chinese, but her friends like to call her a cannibal since she's also Chinese, even though she's not eating people, so she eats it as an inside joke.

Mary saw Emeli grinning like a goof ball and asked, "Are you texting a boy? It's about damn time ya know!" Emeli looked up a little embarrassed, "What? No, my roommates just getting food. She just moved in yesterday, but she seems nice enough." Mary replied with a gasp, "They gave you a boy roommate?!" Emeli responded with confusion, "What? No, don't be a dummy. Of course it's not a boy, when have they ever had co-ed roommates?" Emeli and Mary laughed after that, finishing up their next few hours before heading back to the dorms.

Emeli walked Mary to her room, a floor above hers, before saying her goodbyes and heading to her room. There was still a half hour to spare before eight came around, so changed into her pajamas, cow print leggings and a plain white tee-shirt. She then took out a few books and sat cross legged, pouring over her books, though she didn't really pay attention, too excited for her roommate to come back.

Soon, Amy gets back to the dorm with some Chinese food and sets it on the the dresser next to my bed and take out what I got for you and walk over to your bed and Han it to you. "Here you go," I say.

Emeli became excited as the door opened up, revealing her roommate. As Amy came to hand over some food Emeli smiled warmly, "Thank you Amy." Leaving her talking to a minimum as she accepted the food, brushing her books aside. Emeli unwrapped the provided plastic utensils and began eating, glancing over to Amy for just a second before returning to her food, not caring to much for manners.

(Are you getting sleepy or something? I was just wondering because your last post wasn't as good as your other ones. I don't mean to offend or anything, I just know you're capable of better, I noticed you were skipping from third to first person as well, again, I don't mean to offend, and if you don't like criticism I won't bring it up again :P <3)

(No, it is fine. I didn't realize that I skipped to first person. I am a little sleepy, I'm on a road trip and am using my phone to RP)

Amy smiled and headed to her bed and began eating. A while later, when she finished, she threw out her utensils and plastic bowl and brought out her laptop and began went onto Inventor, beginning to design what she was working on in the workshop. Amy wiped off a little bit of the grime off of her hands and adjusted her glasses. She took a sip of her drink and continued to design what she was working on.

Emeli finished her food and looked over as Amy was wiping her hands and adjusting her glasses. Emeli began to blush. When she realized what she was doing she quickly gathered her food items and tossed them in a waste basket near her bed, stacking her books neatly afterwards. She gathered some running clothes and quietly left as to not disturb her roommate on her way to the track.

Amy doesn't notice and continues as normal. Soon after that, Amy slowly falls asleep.

In the morning, Amy's alarm goes off and she turns it off a few seconds after. She gets up and takes a shower. After the shower, she grabs her stuff and runs out the door, heading for her class.

Emeli returns to her dorm after her run, noticing Any is already sleeping, so she quietly showers and gets ready for bed and her first classes the next day.

The morning came, and as per usual, Emeli woke up a minute before her alarm, turning it off quietly. Her roommate was still asleep, she noted, though who could blame her? Emeli only woke this early to practice for track. She packed her backpack with clothes and class materials before heading out. After her run, a chance get of clothes at the gym, and breakfast at the cafeteria, she headed to her first class.

Two classes later it was lunch time. Emeli pondered on the way what they would be serving. She made it a point not to look at the menu ahead of time. Emeli was huge on planning things, so a surprise is a nice change of pace. She was walking through the lunch line with her best friend Mary, discussing their classes and the hot boys in them. Hmm, meatloaf today, one of Emeli's favorites on campus. As per usual, Emeli sat at the round table. She always picked an email. Pay on to sit with Mary, but it always quickly filled, and Emeli could never turn people away, she was too friendly.

Last edited by a moderator:
At lunch, Amy grabbed a tray and got a small lunch. She headed for the end of a long table, this time a bit closer to Emeli. She slipped her laptop out and continued her design, wanting it to be perfect. A few people sat around her and tried to have a conversation with her, but she ignored them. She took a few bites of what little food she got and then she left the cafeteria early and headed to the workshop.

Emeli noticed Amy as she sat down, typing and tinkering away on her laptop as per usual. Emeli began to stammer and trip over her words. Mary looked back to where Emeli was looking. "Chang? Is it Chang that you've been swooning over?" Mary was talking about a freshman sitting a table behind Amy. A Chinese boy Mary had been teasing Emeli about, saying she should find her a nice Chinese man and have cute little slit eyed Chinese babies. Of course, it was all teasing. Emeli watched as Amy walked out, turning her head back quickly, not sure if Amy caught her staring. Mary teased her some more thinking it was a boy.

Emeli and her friends finished eating, walking out before parting ways and heading to their different classes and other activities. After her classes she was heading back to her dorm when she noticed something. "So, you're not going to write my essay for me?" A large man was talking with an aggressive tone to a much smaller man. The large man was just another dumb jock, wearing his fancy red football jacket. The smaller man work a green vest over a black sweater. It was clearly an act of bullying, and to Emeli's horror, everyone was just walking by. The smaller man began to talk, stammering over her words. Emeli shout over to them, "Hey! Hey, we have to go!" Emeli ran towards the two, putting her shoulder on the bullied man. "Let's go, we're gonna be late!" Emeli began tugging on him, trying to pull him away, but the jock grabbed hold of his sweater, stopping them from leaving. "What do you think you're doing?" Emeli asked the jock. He started to open his mouth, but Emeli cut him off, getting louder, nearly screaming. Everyone was looking at them now, "Why are you picking on him? Are you to stupid to do your own paper? You need to force others to write your essays?" The jock was trying to hush her and push them away. Emeli walked away with the nerdy man, leaving the jock in an awkward position. The man thanked her and she said it was no problem, smiling at the man before walking on, continuing to her room.

As Amy approached the workshop, she realized that she forgot her materials at her dorm and ran to go get them. As she neared the front doors of the dormitory, she saw Emeli and decided to walk with her. "Hey," Amy said, smiling as she approached her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back