• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Futuristic western lore?

Hikaru Ayuma

Dream Walker
So I had this idea, for a roleplay that could be set up in the style of a western lore, with gods and magic and elves and things like that. But instead of having the Gods be omniscient beings, make them hyper developed humans who showed up on the planet to colonize it. Basically, I want to try and make it have both the old western lore feel to it, but also have part of the plot set in space, if that makes any sense. Would anyone be interested in that, or in helping me develop it?

Hah so space cowboys? If you can go abit more into depth I possibly might be interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boondox said:
Hah so space cowboys?

Not exactly what I was thinking, hahaha.

Okay so here's a basic plot I had in mind:

The Elves had made Filintril (stylized " Filintríl " if you have access to accents) their home long ago, far before the Humans got here. They were strong and powerful, wielding swords of sharp silver and casting runes that can destroy mountains. Filintril's mainland was a ring that circled the planet, as if it was a covenant between the Elves and the planet, and the Elven kingdoms spread themselves across the ring.

One third of the ring belonged to the Sujem, sacred keepers of knowledge. They kept to their mountains, avoiding the meaningless toils of the other kingdoms, residing in solitude so that they might gain wisdom.

The second of the Elven kingdoms, that occupied a half of the ring, were the Lotai. These were warriors and mystics who had a taste for blood and a love for animals. They took to the plains, taming animals for summoning and training vast armies. They are strong, but not barbaric. Sujemian aristocrats often hire the Lotai (stylized " Lotaï ") for protection, or to perform other deeds for them, for a fee of course.

Finally, there are the mystics of the forests and wielders of darkness, the Nejae. They keep to the darkest of the forests and practice dark arts of destruction, only coming out of their holes to make the lives of the other kingdoms miserable.

They coexisted well, until the Gods showed up, until the beings that can shoot fire without magic and kill without feeling appeared. Yes, after the Humans appeared on Filintríl looking to colonize it, not only did some Elves begin to fight for their freedom, but also they began to battle each other. The Sujem welcomed Man with open arms, unaware of it's threats despite their wisdom. On the contrary, the Lotaï saw the danger and waged war on Man. Man made friends of the Nejae, using them as tools to push back the Lota

ï

Elves and gain control of Filintril..

There, that's a good start. We have classes and a conflict

Users who are viewing this thread

Back