Fullmetal Alchemist.

"If you could even call the man that. No he's not a man at all...." She replied tartly. "Of all the times why did he show up here and now." Haku turned and headed back into the home. "Hey Joshua!!! I need ya to fix my arm." She called for her mechanic.

Joshua's eyes slowly opened as he heard a commotion downstairs. He sat up and rubbed his eyes as he looked out the window of his little work space that he sometimes used as a bedroom. It was already midday. Shaking his head to ward off his fatigue, he stood up and stretched his arms and back before hearing more commotion downstairs. "Did Granny invite over some drinking buddies?" he asked to himself, idly brushing off his shirt and toolbelt slung over his chest before heading towards the stairs.

The voices began to get clearer and clearer until he got to the bottom of the steps for a short, white haired figured to come barging in shouting his name. It took him a moment for his tired mind to put the pieces together before it snapped into place. The moment that piece snapped so did his temper as he took one of the tiny spanners from his belt and chuck it at the girl's head.

"AAAAAHHH! W-wait I can explain. Joshua stop seriously!" A wrench slammed into the top of her forehead. "Ouch!!! You idiot are you tryin to kill me!!!" She turned to the side, her missing automail arm side now visible to Joshua. "I've had enough of people trying to kill me for one day." she said in a low tone.

Joshua hurried off the steps, stopping in front of Haku with a look of obvious annoyance. "You leave without a word one day and the first thing you have to say is you want me to--" He stopped as his eyes looked at the space where her automail had once been before they went wide as saucers. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY AUTOMAIL?!" he shouted, grabbing ahold of her shoulders and shaking her like it would dislodge a good answer from her.

"What did I do?" Haku said distortedly due to being shook. "I did nothing! Just some random incident that blew up my automail, that's all." Haku didn't want to drag Joshua into her business. Her sins were hers and hers alone.

Hohenheim sighed. "My I best be on my way Tanaka. You appear to have a full house already."

Tanaka tapped her piped in the ash tray and returned it to her mouth. "Nonsense. We have room to house all of you tonight, and food taste better with company." She sighed. "and no isn't an option."

With a sigh Hohenheim agreed. He sat his brief case down.

"You blew it up with alchemy, didn't you?!" he accused her, letting go of her as he glared down at her over the brink of his glasses. "How many times did Granny and I tell you that automail isn't a toy! You can't go swinging it around and expected it to not break but this--" He clutches his head and groaned as he stared up at the ceiling. "How could you be so irresponsible! Do you know how long it took me to put that together?! I failed a test because I was asleep during classes for a week!"

Haku looked down. "Sorry Joshua. All I've ever been is trouble. An then I joined the military and I'm still trouble." She fiddled with her pocket watch which she had sealed closed with alchemy, because within it was the date of when she left behind her home forever.

Jeremiah sighed watching all of the events transpire, "guess I'm invisible" he muttered as he struggled to get the bags up the steps of the house with only one functioning arm. He struggled and struggled, finally managing to get the bags to the top of the steps just in time to catch a loose spanner to the face. "Aaagh!" he cried out as he proceeded to fall down the steps of the house.

Jeremiah winced, suddenly losing his temper as he climbed the steps, "Hey mechanic! Sorry to intrude and all but I don't think this is the proper way to introduce yourself" he muttered as he tossed the spanner back toward Joshua. He rubbed his forehead gingerly, "Now Fullmetal, you should try to leave a trace of the original work, After all a automail engineer is only as good as their craft" he said as he motioned toward his limp dangling automail arm. Though the arm now dangled uselessly, it was no doubt a feat of engineering, having a complete alchemic bullet factory housed in a relatively small frame, with mechanisms so complex Jeremiah wasn't quite sure how anyone could fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joshua seemed to calm down a bit with Haku's guilting hitting him pretty hard. "Yeah, well, at least you're here now..." That quickly changed when the spanner from before came back to him, one hand catching it without much effort as his head slowly inched in the direction of the thrower. It looked like his grip was actually starting to bend the spanner just a bit...

"And who the hell are--" He started going on the same tangent he had with his old friend before his eyes caught the limply hanging automail arm and suddenly they went very, very wide. In a blonde topped blur he rushed over to the stranger, not even looking him in the face as he started poking and prodding around the prosthetic with his hands like a kid with a new toy. "Wowowowow! Custom polymer blend! Attatched to the brachioradialis, oooh, that's tricky... are those guns?!" Acknowledging Jeremiah for the first time, he began playfully tugging on his arm and saying, "Lemme see it, lemme see it, ooooh please lemme see it!"

Jeremiah's eyes widened a bit in apparent shock as Joshua pulled a 180. Going from a seemingly angered mechanic to an automail fan-boy in the blink of an eye. Jeremiah winced a bit, his own demeanor shifting from angered to uncomfortable almost as fast. "Hey what do you think your?" he called out as Joshua approached and began to grab a hold of his arm, his curiosity obviously getting the better of the mechanic as he poked and prodded at Jeremiah's limp arm.

"Yeah those are guns, three barreled gatling on a rotating inner frame, and a cannon between them. There's a alchemic bullet loader in their somewhere too, though I don't quite know where the old man fit it" he said laughing nervously, it was becoming obvious that as complex as Jeremiah's arm was he had no real clue how the thing worked. Jeremiah then felt a tug on the arm, his body seeming to follow the unexpected tug as Joshua pulled on the arm for a closer look.

"Hey hey, there's a person attached to that thing y'know?" he called after Joshua, it was obvious Jeremiah was out of his element. SJeremiah winced some more, as he was being poked and prodded, looking toward Haku all the while with a face that seemed to scream 'help me'.

Haku laughed slightly at Joshua. She watch how he looked at the automail then knew what he might suggest...... "Joshua, there is no way in hades I'm getting an arm like that. Just give me my normal one." She huffed. "Gear freak." she taunted with the usual taunt

Joshua managed to pull himself away from the automail wonder to shoot a shifty glare at Haku. "You're kidding, right? Even if I could make something like this, you're the last person in the world I'd be giving it to. You cause enough damage with a normal one. So much so that you break it!" He looses his cool again for a moment before he finally gathers his nerves enough to start acting normal and calm for the first time since Haku and company came bursting into the house.

Letting go of Jeremiah's arm, he walked over to Haku with a small frown on his face. "You know, you could have called that you were coming in. Or at least let us know how you were. Granny was sure you were too stubborn to die but I worried you'd slack off at the worst time possible." His words weren't bitter or taunting but sincere and slightly worried as he bent over to get a look at the socket her automail had been inserted in.

"Anyway, we can get some measurements and start putting something together in a few weeks. Probably going to need to touch up on your leg too." A small, mischievous smile spread across his face. "I know you haven't grown much since last time but every little inch counts. We can probably just weld some thin sheet metal on your foot and you'd be all caught up."

Snickering for a moment, he stood upright and looked over his shoulder at the still unnamed man. "I don't know about you but you obviously need a mechanic. We can probably help you but you also need to pay and if you're not a customer, you can sit outside." Despite his obvious fanaticism with Jeremiah's automail, it was quite obvious that he was already a bit cold towards the man attached to it.

Jeremiah sighed, "I'm with the military, and that one seems to have a lot of faith in you" he said as he pointed toward Haku. "So Im more than willing to pay if you can figure out the old man's specs. Though if you can't I expect a refund".

Jeremiah stared into Joshua's eyes for a moment. Catching his gaze and meeting it with his own as he offered up his only functional, flesh and blood hand. "That sound like a deal mechanic?"He asked almost callously.

Jeremiah was the type that judged a man on his actions, and by Joshua's demeanor he began to assume the mechanic was more than capable. So without further

Conflict Jeremiah reached for his arm, pulling a hidden lever under his arm-pit he watched as the arm suddenly released a small cloud of steam as it fell from his torso. "It's all yours" he said as he turned for the door, his arm crashing against the floor as he turned to walk out. Though he stopped for a moment as he neared the door, "don't you scratch it, that arm is all I have left of a great man" he muttered before walking out the door. Deciding to lay on the grass in the front yard and watch as the clouds passed by.

Haku sighed. "fine fine." she trailed off an looked at Joshua. "look, if something happens to me you and granny have myfunds ok." she said. she wanted him prepared fo what could come from the humonculi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back