• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom FTL: Faster Than Light (Also for those who like futuristic)

Deadkool

A Sad Remnant of a Forgotten Time
Hi there, hope you like FTL. If not, you will, probably, maybe, I dunno. Still, onto business. This rp will be focusing on the U.S.S. Jonah and it's trek across the systems to deliver schematics for a weapons so the galactic federation might actually win the war, and the sacrifices of the U.S.S. Endurance were not in vain (Whatever you called your FTL ship! this one will be called the endurance! the one from the game). Choose your race, vote on the ship layout, evade and kill bandits, fight slaver, defend against rebels. All this and more in FTL: faster than light

You can buy FTL on the iOS App Store or on steam

FTL wiki: http://ftl.wikia.com/wiki/FTL:_Faster_Than_Light_Wiki

@pokemariofan64 @SirFlabberghaspy @Shog thought you might like this.

Hellkite said:
Would this be a dice roleplay, or just normal?
It would be a normal roleplay, but I will be using a slightly randomized system for encounters and store items.

Name:

Race:

Personality:

Bio:

Favorite Color

Appearance(if human):

Note: at the beginning I will only be accepting one of each race, and only four crew members.

Deadkool said:
It would be a normal roleplay, but I will be using a slightly randomized system for encounters and store items.

Name:

Race:

Personality:

Bio:

Favorite Color

Appearance(if human):

Note: at the beginning I will only be accepting one of each race, and only four crew members.
Cool, in that case I'm in :D

Yes....

Name:

Blein Jäger

Race:

Human

Personality:

Blein is very serious when situations call for it, and does the best for his crew, and for the Galactic Federation. He relies on logic to win battles, but finds it sickening to sacrifice men in order to achieve victory, especially if it turns out that they died for nothing. Blein is usually very helpful and comical, all except for when things get too serious. He enjoys being in control, and finds it hard to adjust when others are instead of himself, as he has his own tactical complex. Even if Blein is reluctant to sacrifice lives, his main weakness is that he is very curious and adventurous like most humans, meaning he will want to learn everything he can from a battle, and take risks to do so. For a human, Blein possesses a vast array of intelligence, and is excellent, but not the best, at combat.

Bio:

Blein grew up within a safe sector, and had a very normal human life on a decent planet. His father was a Captain, and his mother was a housewife. After his father retired, Blein took up his reins and tried for captain. With his father's background to back him, and his already useful array of skills, Blein was accepted and made an officer, later earning the rank of Captain. Since then, Blein hasn't done much but patrols, scouting missions, your average spaceship-chases, minor skirmishes, and, once, discovered minerals on a planet that is now a thriving colony.

Favorite Color:

White

Appearance:

tumblr_mvvelzrtVC1se20q2o2_1280.jpg

(Ignore the missing arm, he'll lose it somehow during the RP...)

(I know his Bio is a little uninteresting, but I don't think every character should be some bad-ass who's parents were murdered by legendary assassins so they went off on a quest to find them and kill them, all whilst being an over-powered psychotic freak. Besides, being normal-ish would allow him to understand civilians a little bit better..)

tumblr_mhno8bKsYo1s4o0huo1_500.gif

I know nothing of FTL but this sounds interesting.

Care to give me a crash course?

Atom said:
I know nothing of FTL but this sounds interesting.
Care to give me a crash course?
Think Star Trek. Seek out new life, blah, blah, blah. Now imagine if the Star Trek people spilt into two groups, one of which being the rebels. The rebels say "Hey, you're doing stuff wrong, change it!" The federation replies "nope" to which the rebels declare war. Now, the federation is being absolutely destroyed, within months the entire galaxy has been lost. Now your ship, some way in hell manages to traverse the entire galaxy, then fight off the rebel flagship giving the federation a minuscule chance to win the war.

Aliens:

The Mantis:

Giant mantises, they are very extremely ferocious and kill often for the fun of it. You can compare them to barbarians. Vicious, terrorizing, etc.

The Rockmen:

People made of rocks, imagine the mantis, but very exclusive, and against outsiders. The Rockmen hate trespassers.

The Zoltan:

The law keepers and scientists of the universe. They glow bright green. Zoltan are generally peaceful, and give off power to whatever room they're standing in.

The Crystal Men:

Very very rare, just like the Rockmen, except super peaceful, and made of crystal. The crystal men live in a separate galaxy, only accessible via special portal. The crystal men can shoot crystals off from their body to barricade doors.

The Lanius:

Mute, emotionless aliens. These guys hibernate, sometimes for centuries at a time. They eat metal, and exclusively metal. Not to mention they'll eat any metal, they don't care if it's a life support module, or a blaster gun. Meaning sometimes, they'll kill a ship of people not out of malice, simply because they don't care. The lanius also suck oxygen from whatever room they're in. Very rare.

Humans:

Do I really need a description

Engi:

Living robots. Some think the engi are organic, some don't. The engi are made of millions of tiny nanobots.

They are also very peaceful.

That's it.

So, how much people do you accept? Any places for someone else? Also, never played FTL, but it looks pretty fun, and definitively interesting to roleplay in.

An administrator sends three files addressed to a Mr. Jäger.

https://hostr.co/file/5EgPZGI0cat9/roomlayouts.png

A stolen vessel was found, originally a prototype for the rebel flagship. Records indicate it was stolen and converted into a racing vessel

http://s12.postimg.org/5wvnm4mh9/icelord.png

A Rockman ship discovered shortly before the arrival of the Endurance. The ship was originally thought to be a asteroid, and began to be mined. Once the interior was found, the ship was transferred to our sector 5 hangar.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/2082c5a41e27206f0f4edcef66f9c6b9/tumblr_n94d6sDOLJ1rycgkbo3_r1_1280.png

The Lanius have been gracious enough to donate this vessel in exchange for a portion of scrap we salvage from rebel wrecks.

http://i.imgur.com/fFRuzkV.jpg

The Normandy class stealth cruiser. This ship has been sitting in our hangar for years gathering dust. After a few modifications, she's ready to fly.

http://i.imgur.com/Qgtyu.jpg

Bulky, but still, a sound choice. This vessel contains a large shield generator allowing for two shield barriers from launch.

-------------More transmissions pending------------

Valkoinen said:
So, how much people do you accept? Any places for someone else? Also, never played FTL, but it looks pretty fun, and definitively interesting to roleplay in.
I'll be accepting the first four correct character sheets. Currently, I've only accepted one. Also, I'll allow one alien race besides human per ship. Currently, that means you can be any race.

Valkoinen said:
I'll be accepting the first four correct character sheets. Currently, I've only accepted one. Also, I'll allow one alien race besides human per ship. Currently, that means you can be whichever race I listed.

Name:

Neil

Race:

Artificial Intelligence

Personality:

Helpful, but blunt.

Bio:

Neil was designed by the best engineers the rebels had to offer and outfitted on the flagship. His combat functions were never put to use, but Neil is for the most part, responsible for the flagship's success. After the ship was destroyed, Neil was salvaged and reprogrammed to serve the federation cause. Most recently, he's been outfitted on your ship as federation engineers attempt to copy him.

Favorite Color:

Tangerine

Appearance(if human):

manwithnoshadow+-+original.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back