• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom 「 Fruits Basket 」

RANGYOKU

海の響をなつかしむ
I was suddenly struck with a craving for a roleplay of the anime and manga Fruits Basket. If it were to happen, I would like for it to involve an entirely new cast of characters, relationships and sub-plots, with no ties to the original work apart from the premise, that is the Chinese Zodiac curse upon the Sohma clan and the supernatural element to it. We may develop new ideas along the way, perhaps even have the addition of a handful of outsiders (much like our heroine Tohru, as it were) to the family and not just one person to aid in the quest of ending te curse, who knows, the sky's the limit on this tale of tenderness, heatrbreaks and amusing antics!

Having already taken a shot at an idea like this, as you can tell by not being all too original of its own, I will further extend the invite of any user who remembers being part of this roleplay in question to use their character in this. I will allow at most two spots per person. For now, I will put up the spot of two outsiders of the opposite gender, but it may be susceptible to change if someone wishes so. Now, keep in mind that while I appreciate if your characters match the characteristics associated with their assigned Zodiac, do try to not just be what their original counterpart was, if anything do the exact opposite, especially when it comes to the new God character. The idea is to create a whole new story here.

Thus, the roles will be as follows . . .
The God of the Zodiac : Greekgeek1213 Greekgeek1213
The Rat :
BriiAngelic BriiAngelic
The Ox : BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising
The Tiger : animegirl20 animegirl20
The Rabbit :
Gizaira Gizaira
The Dragon : GunsAndDips GunsAndDips
The Snake : Rowlet Rowlet
The Horse : BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising
The Goat : MidnightStar MidnightStar
The Monkey : Loki777 Loki777
The Rooster : RANGYOKU RANGYOKU
The Dog : Greekgeek1213 Greekgeek1213
The Pig : Gizaira Gizaira
The Cat : DemonKitten DemonKitten
Female Human #1 : animegirl20 animegirl20
Female Human #2 : Emi Nebulas Emi Nebulas
Male Human #1 : MidnightStar MidnightStar

Please feel free to ask questions or add suggestions to be incorporated in the roleplay beside stating your interest in the roleplay. You may reserve a character up until all roles are taken and the character sheets are up, which I will set a time limit to avoid dragging down the roleplay.​

Last edited:
Hey! Could I get dat monkey? (Remember me ^^? DAT Monkey from last time. I'd love to attempt this again)

May I reserve the Snake, please?
The Snake is yours.

Hey! Could I get dat monkey? (Remember me ^^? DAT Monkey from last time. I'd love to attempt this again)
The Monkey is yours. Of course, glad to have you join us!

Yo! Thanks for reviving the RP! If I can be apart of it again, I'd love to be the dog :)
The Dog is yours. It is my pleasure, thank you for making the first one in the place! Hopefully it can live up to it.

RANGYOKU RANGYOKU :
The character I have in mind coincidentally has silvery white hair, including an almost-white snake form. Is that alright? (Not trying to imitate Ayame from the original series.)

RANGYOKU RANGYOKU :
The character I have in mind coincidentally has silvery white hair, including an almost-white snake form. Is that alright? (Not trying to imitate Ayame from the original series.)
Don't worry, as long as the similarities stop at an appearance level, it's fine. But I appreciate asking beforehand.

RANGYOKU RANGYOKU :
Are you going to wait until all the roles are reserved before we can post our character sheets? (Which, I assume, will be in a different thread?)

RANGYOKU RANGYOKU :
Are you going to wait until all the roles are reserved before we can post our character sheets? (Which, I assume, will be in a different thread?)
Well, yes, worst case scenario we won't get past recruitment, then any character sheets already made would have been a waste of time. We need all save one members of the Zodiac, which I would take over plus the God.

Hey hey has this already started? Is there something I should know outside of the Fruits basket Lore before deciding on if I join?

Hey hey has this already started? Is there something I should know outside of the Fruits basket Lore before deciding on if I join?
No, as we are yet missing at least four important claimed spots. If you are acquainted with Fruits Basket, you'll be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back