• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern From The North With Fury (Always Accepting)

Briana sulked as Arvid laughed, obviously what she had said was funny to him, and obviously meant nothing. She stared at the ring, slipping it back onto her finger, she wasn't free yet she assumed. Briana sighed, "don't need to tell me old man.. I get it" she glanced around, it was oddly quiet considering how many people had piled into her house earlier, where had the female soldier gone, the Viking seemed corky and careless for not checking.

@John Raptorfist @SleepyBuddha @DarknessSpirit

Sadime sat on the thick branch of a tree, very close to them, there weren't many trees around, but she wanted to listen to the conversation, she had to inform the king. Sadime sat against the trunk of the tree, she wanted to remain hidden, so she tried to stay hidden, but her dark red hair contrasted brightly against the colors of the tree. If one were to look up, they would see her, calmly watching, she couldn't attack because she had no weapon, so if caught, she'd have to run.

@Sharkiee @John Raptorfist @SleepyBuddha

Argeus nodded knowing that she understood then that she was a slave to this Viking same as he was. " Then what shall we do now master....." Argeus asked not knowing his new masters name.

@John Ratorfist @Sharkie

Arvid sat down on a stone with a grunt, the sun was beginning to dip below the horizion. Some of his milled about in the background, the low drone of their voices apparent. "What do you call this land?" He suddenly asked the old man before grabbing his new slave girl by the waist and setting her on his lap so she wouldn't run. "We aren't just in some other part of England, are we?"

@Sharkiee @SleepyBuddha

"This land is known as Ireland and no it's not a part of England. The people are are pale skinned with fiery tempers to match their hair." Argeus explained in Arvin's tongue as he too took a seat to become more comfortable. He needed to slip away but he owed it to Briana to get her out as well. He had brewed a poison he was planning on using on Sigrid's brothers, should he take the contract, but it seems he may have to use it here. Argeus was a patient man so he would wait for the perfect opportunity to strike.

@John Raptorfist @Sharkiee @Darkness Spirit @Duckingdom293

Briana wriggled around in protest, pushing at the ground with her feet, what did he take her for... a pet? She pulled her elbow back into his chest, her attempt at being as inconvenient as possible. Briana finally gave up, sinking back into the mans lap, trying to weigh herself, she crossed her arms glaring forwards at nothing.

@John Raptorfist

Sadime breathed out as the old man explained the land. She couldn't let him give important information away. It could harm the king, her land, and herself. She was very important in this land, she did after all lead the army here, a general in a way. Sadime snapped a twig in half, hoping to god she was quiet, she but her lip, and threw the twig, aiming at the back of the old mans head. Sadime then tucked herself as far back into the tree as possible, trying to hide herself, although her dark red hair would be see able. @John Raptorfist @SleepyBuddha @Sharkiee

"Ireland...The English told me of this land." He scratched his beard as he spoke before grinning slightly. "I almost thought the English were trying to lure us into an endless sea. But it looks like they kept their word." Arvid grunted as the woman jabbed him in the chest, but he simply tightened his grip around her waist and muttered in her ear in a sly tone. "What's the matter, darling?" The Viking grinned before softly kissing her neck. It felt good. He hadn't had female company in months.

@Sharkiee @SleepyBuddha

Argeus felt the twig hit him and turned to see what had hit him. When he did he saw the fiery red hair of the one who threw the twig from the tree he quickly turned around so as not to reveal her position. Argeus cleared his throat and looked away as Arvid began getting intimate with Briana. As he was still using the Facade of an Old Man he wouldn't be able to help her. Even if he wanted to. "Sir is there anything else I can help you with?"

@DarknessSpirit @John Raptorfist @Sharkiee @The Elusive Shadow

Arvids whispering sent a shiver down Briana's spine, it was followed by the feeling of his lips on her neck, it made her jolt, turning to see his face from the corner of her eye, her elbow jolting back into his stomach again. She muttered a few curse words under her breath at him. She could feel the heat from his body, it kept her warm and she was silently greatful of it.

@John Raptorfist

From above Sadime a figure dropped down from a higher branch to the branch that Sadime was in, not making a sound. The figure moved quickly to Sadime giving a slight nod to her. When the figure was next to Sadime he brought part of his cloak up to her head and covered Sadime's hair making it harder for anyone to see her. "My men are all on alert, any vikings alone will be taken down, and when the time is right, we will strike them hard." The figure whispered to Sadime, making sure that only she could hear him.

Arvid turned from the girl, rubbing the spot where she had hit him a second time and looking at the nameless man. "Heh...no... I'd like to be alone with my slave for a while, hm? But don't try anything." The grinning Viking said, returning to the girl. "You have a name?" He asked in patchy English, letting his hands run down the length of her body, from her shoulders to her hips. "You should've seen your husband...his lifeless eyes..." He taunted, kissing her neck once more.

@Sharkiee

Sadime let out a sigh of relief, the old man had seen her, but not had said a word, leaving her grateful. She was about to throw a stick at the Viking, for touching the girl, but jumped as she felt the weight of the branch, she sharply turned around, about to yell, thinking she had been caught, but stopped herself as she recognized the familer face. Sadime gave a nod, and allowed herself to be covered with the cloak. She listened to him, her face serious, she gave him a brief nod. "Good. My men are ready as well. I'll tell you when the time is right." She said in a low voice, making sure only he heard her.

@Spyro

"Of course sir. I wouldn't dream of it." Argeus said looking Briana in the eyes as if conveying his disgust with the situation before bowing and walking away as darkness began to fall. As Argeus left he looked up at the red haired girl to see that another man had joined her. Deciding that this old man facade was no longer needed he decided to assist them.

The cult of the Faceless God was quite famous in Europe as many leaders and generals had used the cult's services so when he looked to to the both of them and removed the face of the old man to show a much younger face and stashed the face along with a few others faces he kept on his person.

@DarknessSpirit @Spyro @John Raptorfist @Sharkiee

Briana listened to the broken English, picking up words she could, he wanted her name, she shook her head refusing to say anything. He then spoke of her husbands death, her eyes locking with his when he spoke of it, if it was a taunt, it wasn't a very good one, "good..." she spoke clearly. Briana heard the old man walking off, but she did no break eye contact with the Viking, she was now alone with him, her heart began to beat faster as she knew what would come of this.

@John Raptorfist

"Good, eh?" He chuckled. Swiftly peering over his shoulder, Arvid saw that camp had already been set up. "Many hands make short work..." He muttered in his native tounge, Impressed by the sheer efficiency of the raiding party. Picking the girl up in his arms and forcefully kissing her on the lips, he strolled over to his tent, earning a few laughs along the way. Pushing past the leather flaps, Arvid tossed the woman onto the pile of linen and furs that made up his bed. He stood back for a bit, simply watching. "Undress."

@Sharkiee

Sadime jumped from the tree limb and unto the ground, the Viking man had his back to her, so she didn't need to worry. Coming face to face with the old man. Sadime raised her eyebrows as he removed his "face". Sadine wasn't surprised. She had come in touch with this cult many times, as had everyone else. It was generally like them to get involved in these affairs. She stared at him a moment before saying in a low voice. "I should've known." She stared the walk further into the woods, expecting him to follow.

The figure watched from his spot on the tree staring at the person who removed his 'face' revealing his real one. "So one of the members of the Faceless God is here." He mumbled to himself. The figure then dropped down onto the ground and quickly blended into the shadows thanks to all of the dark colors that his cloak and armor was.

When Argeus removed the face of the old man he also removed removed the personality and physical aspects that he had faked and returned to be an emotionless 'no one'. Argeus followed behind silently.

@DarknessSpirit

Briana had kicked around as he carried her, pushing his face from hers when his lips were forced on hers. blushing at the laughs as she was carried, she felt humiliated by this act.

Upon being thrown onto the fur she let out a grunt, looking up at him with wide eyes, she wasn't going to take this, not now, she stood up, crossing her arms she shook her head, cursing at him in Gaelic.

@John Raptorfist

Sadime led them to the edge of the woods, which overlooked the camp of the Vikings. Not saying a word as she had gone though the forest. She stopped at the edge. Staring at the camp quietly for a moment before speaking. "Either your on a contract. Or your concerned with your safety. I'm not going to tell you what I know." She turned around and faced him. "I'm sure you know why." She said with a curt nod. She didn't trust anybody. Not when it comes to this. She waited for him to speak, turning and gazing back at the camp.

@SleepyBuddha @Spyro

The shipwrights from freesia had arrived after a long journey crossing the English Channel yet Æthelred knew that there was no time for rest or being idle , so he immediately petitioned these men to begin the construction of large longboat's that could harbor at least a hundred soldiers , These ships would prove to be Wessex's fist line of defense against invaders engaging them before they could even land .

At present he would find himself going through the manuscripts that detailed various aspects of the construction , that is until a page barged in .

Page : "M'lord !!! They have a-attack-"

Æthelred : "Calm yourself young man , don't forget that you are in the company of your king , now tell me which village did they attack , was it Dorset?"

Page : "No my lord the Danes attacked a village in Ireland somewhere around Dublin , and you said to report any attacks on neighboring lands"

Æthelred : "That i did "

Æthelred thought for a while , there wasn't really much that the irish could do against raiding parties , the didn't even have a functioning navy and in fact till this date were very much tribal . Still , if the vikings were to decide to hold territory in Ireland , it would be a disaster making raiding parties in the isles more frequent .

Æthelred : "Take that parchment there and write down what i say , send this to every chistian chief in Ireland in hopes that they might comply"

To the lords of Ireland ,

It is not unknown , on this side of the world , of the pain and suffering the Gaelic people face with constant attacks on their shores , it would seem that with the recent attacks on villages near Dublin that the vikings grow bolder and fiercer hence we must ask ourselves how long until they decide to invade and terrorize the good christian peoples of Ireland ?

I know that this is a terrible thing to speak of or think about , yet we must speak of it for it is not only the fate of Ireland that hangs in the balance , but the the fate of all Britannia.

Which is why i implore you , good lords of Ireland , to settle your differences and work together in forming a coalition to send these heathen back to their barren lands . In this endeavor you shall have full support of the kingdom of Wessex , i promise you with god as my witness , this is as much my fight as it is yours

Your everlasting friend and ally

King Æthelred of Wessex

[ @John Raptorfist , @SleepyBuddha , @Sharkiee , @DarknessSpirit , @Spyro ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Argeus walked over and stood beside the red haired woman his mask an expressionless mask that gave no indication of emotion of thought. After looking down on the camp for a bit Argeus said, " I was summoned to this land by a certain man and on my way to meet him I happened upon a woman. She shared her home and feed me saving me from death's embrace. So I must repay that debt and see that she is freed from slavery." Argeus said keeping his hands behind his back.

@DarknessSpirit @Sharkiee @Spyro

Last edited by a moderator:
Arvid snorted, tapping his foot against the floor of his tent. "Shut up, will you?" He hissed, scratching the back of his neck as thrummed his finger across the head of his axe with his free hand. "Your a little fireball aren't you? But by the Allfather, this isn't what I need right now." It was growing dark and the sounds of the camp died down as the hushed Irish breeze ruffled the outside of Arvid's tent. The Viking's dark blue eyes had shifted to a more serious tone, no more joking around. Arvid needed this. This woman was his slave and she had to let him do it. Advancing on the woman, Arvid snarled and grabbed her throwing her back onto the ground.

@Sharkiee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back