• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy From the Colosseum

Raziel

Keeper of Secrets
From the Colosseum

The_Barbarian.jpg

The kingdom known by most as Daia'Thas was one ruled by High King Tanthos Sunwalker. The kingdom was unique as it encompassed not just one, but two entire continents and ruled over subjects of various races and cultures that may or may not have agreed with their rulers. Not like it mattered - those who disobeyed the rule of the High King were either imprisoned, executed, or thrown into a coliseum. There were several of these arena theaters, but not notably were the the Crystal Arenas. This name represented several coliseums throughout the empire that were icons of the High King's power and fame.

In the Surdan Desert, the Ruby Colosseum stood. The Ruby Colosseum was the largest and most famed of the Crystal Arenas for the brutal gladiators that triumphed there. Among the Islands of Itharia, the Sapphire Colosseum watched over the glimmering Western Sea, where the cunning and more spectacular gladiators shone. In the Havenwood Forest, the Emerald Colosseum was the heart of the woodland, and is where the most valiant and determined fighters collide.

However the crown jewel of the Crystal Arenas was where the finals games would commence between all three of the other coliseums: the Diamond Colosseum. This massive stadium stood in the Skyreach Mountains and consisted of one arena stadium that could be changed dramatically via magic and technology to create ultimate varieties.

These are the final games. The Ruby Semi-Finals will commence first, then the Sapphire Semi-Finals, and lastly the Emerald Semi-Finals. The survivors of their respective Semi-Finals will compete in elimination rounds until a victor is declared... so who will make it out alive?

This game is not strictly about the coliseums. This story has the potential to go into several avenues of possibilities. I was inspired by the historical events of Pompeii, Italy, and this will be kind of a similar theme, except instead of a volcano, there could be possible rebel forces throughout the empire, should any gladiators actually pursue that route. This will be an open world type game, so you will lead your own character's life and actions (when / if you achieve freedom, that is), so it'll be your job as the player to find your own friends and make your own alliances with other gladiators (or not) and try to free yourself or win the tournament. But what then? Should you achieve your freedom, where will you go? One of the resistance forces? Join as a warrior and possibly become champion of the High King? Your fate is your own.

Should enough people express interest, I will get to working on creating the official RP thread.

AceSorcerer said:
I'd be interested, especially for a character that takes the rebellion route.
Awesome! If we can get a few more people, then I'll get to creating the RP thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
ToPlutoAndBack said:
Interested.
SleepiestBear7 said:
I am very interested.
Whisker said:
Possibly interested.
Awesome! Since this is an open world, I would find it ideal to start with 5 people (6 including myself). Though to be honest since this is an open world, more would be able to join in the future.

[QUOTE="Fishman Lord]Interested.

[/QUOTE]
Excellent! I'll get to working on the RP!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back