• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern From the Ashes- a post apocalyptic supernatural RP.

WeaselThor

The Thundering Mustelid
Set in the year 2134, this earth is the same as ours, except in the year 2012 a massive cloud of cosmic radiation passed through the solar system. The internet, power grids, and circuits all across the globe fried and shut down immediately. Whats worse the entire planets population of both man and animals were mutated. More than half of the world died within six months from disease, starvation, and thirst. The remaininder of the population has faced challenges unimaginable as the dead rose as mutated horrors, animals changed into vicious monsters with supernatural abilities.

However there does exist some hope. A little less than one percent of the surviving population seems to have responded well to the cosmic radiation gaining slowly developing superpowers that seem to be giving them an edge in survival. Some abilities seem purely physical while others have a metaphysical augmentation. Weirder still the cosmic radiation seems to have weakened dimensional barriers between earth and the realms of the dead, demons, angels, and even the idle realms of the Eldritch gods. Turning the world into a cesspool of supernatural energies.

Three generations of humans have lived through this strange hellish era. But is seems that things are beginning to reach a huge crescendo as otherworldly forces reach their peak, and resources begin to run thin for the north american nomads who call what was once the united states and canada home. The crowd must now migrate south, but before trying to move the tens of thousands who make up the group scout parties are being sent south where they are hoping to discover a new and permanent home.

(Alright guys so this is gonna be a cool story about surviving an apocalyptic scenario with supernatural undertones and minor super powers. To be clear no one is gonna go blowing up a skyscraper or lifting up an aircraft carrier. Evaporating a man with an energy blast sure, tossing a car yeah no problem. I am looking for street level beings who have to survive this world as a unit. The main permise of the story is we are all a part of the same scout crew sent to explore the Gulf of mexico's coast from Texas to Florida. There is a plot but there is also sandbox potential. If you have any questions let me know.​

Set in the year 2134, this earth is the same as ours, except in the year 2012 a massive cloud of cosmic radiation passed through the solar system. The internet, power grids, and circuits all across the globe fried and shut down immediately. Whats worse the entire planets population of both man and animals were mutated. More than half of the world died within six months from disease, starvation, and thirst. The remaininder of the population has faced challenges unimaginable as the dead rose as mutated horrors, animals changed into vicious monsters with supernatural abilities.

However there does exist some hope. A little less than one percent of the surviving population seems to have responded well to the cosmic radiation gaining slowly developing superpowers that seem to be giving them an edge in survival. Some abilities seem purely physical while others have a metaphysical augmentation. Weirder still the cosmic radiation seems to have weakened dimensional barriers between earth and the realms of the dead, demons, angels, and even the idle realms of the Eldritch gods. Turning the world into a cesspool of supernatural energies.

Three generations of humans have lived through this strange hellish era. But is seems that things are beginning to reach a huge crescendo as otherworldly forces reach their peak, and resources begin to run thin for the north american nomads who call what was once the united states and canada home. The crowd must now migrate south, but before trying to move the tens of thousands who make up the group scout parties are being sent south where they are hoping to discover a new and permanent home.

(Alright guys so this is gonna be a cool story about surviving an apocalyptic scenario with supernatural undertones and minor super powers. To be clear no one is gonna go blowing up a skyscraper or lifting up an aircraft carrier. Evaporating a man with an energy blast sure, tossing a car yeah no problem. I am looking for street level beings who have to survive this world as a unit. The main permise of the story is we are all a part of the same scout crew sent to explore the Gulf of mexico's coast from Texas to Florida. There is a plot but there is also sandbox potential. If you have any questions let me know.​
Did you adjust some things since we spoke about this last night? WeaselThor WeaselThor

Hey, what kind of FCs will be used and are only humans playable characters or can other beings be played as well?

Yes i did though not by much. My main character has changed as have his abilities and additional layers of lore have been added to make more sense of the gang element.
Ohhh alright figured I'd make sure this was the same RP you told me about. Still interested - I'm making two characters the P.I. we discussed and another character I think you'll enjoy.

Ohhh alright figured I'd make sure this was the same RP you told me about. Still interested - I'm making two characters the P.I. we discussed and another character I think you'll enjoy.
Alright cool well i have the captain of the Scout team already planned out ill pm you.

Hey, what kind of FCs will be used and are only humans playable characters or can other beings be played as well?
Face claims are not restricted and can be whatever you want.
radioactive_evolution_by_dusanmarkovic_dcb2cqh-pre.jpgThis is my dude. And actually a good rendition of the state of the world.

Also yes for the time being only humans are playable. However i am allowing multiple characters per person and eventually orherworldly beings may become playable.

We could do a rescue mission perhaps tie in the origin of superpowers in with a scientist or something. Evolve people's superpowers as a result - something like that?
Well one of the plot lines goes down the power origen route.

And i found some images of the post apocalypse world.
maxresdefault (1).jpgPnpQ7zo.jpg
It wasnt like everyone died in a ball of nuclear fire or anything. Most of the old world is still intact, however the mutated nature has reclaimed it very very quickly. Skyscrapers have turned into dank cave towers. Lush foliage clings to things.

HTB1X.nrHVXXXXahXVXXq6xXFXXXn.jpg
L0jPS77.jpg
If it wasnt for those damned transdimensional beings and their destructive battles or horrible mutated creatures amd their seeming hatred for humanity life might be tolerable.

how about the last of humanity? is there any accumulation of people just trying to survive? Or is it just super powered beings at this point?

how about the last of humanity? is there any accumulation of people just trying to survive? Or is it just super powered beings at this point?
Oh yeah there are actually a large amount of normals left about 10 million humans worldwide and about 10% of them are meta's. There are many dufferent groups out there. The north american nomadic group is only about 10,000 strong and the gangs in the gulf coast area we are gonna explore are about 20-30k strong altogether. Not to mention the solo wanderers which there are alot of.

Last edited:
I have a character from an old apocalypse rp that is a slightly depowered version of Alex Mercer from the PROTOTYPE game, as well as a few other characters I have to edit only slightly to fit this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back