• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

From Dreams to Terror.

Reiyumi

Five Thousand Club
Roleplay Availability
In a world full of wonder and light dreams, darkness creeps in through the cracks of an old abandoned house. What kind of world lays inside this house?This world is full of cheer and good thoughts. The kind of world someone would never want to leave. If all had been peaceful though. As the darkness fills the world of dreams and all things nice, the creatures and inhabitants find themselves drawn towards the house. What is on the other side? Only one inhabitant is able to open the door and then...they are sucked into an unfamiliar world where...wars have broken out and all is not well.

This other world, full of wars and lies, seems to terrify the inhabitant of the land of dreams. They don't know if they can survive, until they meet an individual of this realm that is rough around the edges and doesn't leave a good first impression at all. It is only after an event occurs , that the individual shows that they have a good heart. This gives hope to the inhabitant and they try to find out more. One can only imagine what the outcome is, or if the inhabitant can go home.

In a small village near the edge of the woods, two siblings look around for something to do. They have never been out into the woods. They look at the village, the girl picking flowers and the boy watching silently. They both seem to be in ease, after all why shouldn't they be? They can be seen out in a meadow close by the village. Everyone else seems to be busy or happily playing songs while others play music.

The male groans after a while and sits on the ground besides his sister. As much as he loves his sister, why did she have to get him up at the crack of dawn to go pick flowers? He looks at the flowers she has picked. These aren't flowers, he realizes. He looks to her, curious as to what they were.

She hums as she puts different herbs into her basket. She understood exactly what they were. Her eyes stray to her brother and she smiles, making him smile as well. She goes back to her picking.

"What are those?" he asks.

"Herbs, for healing," she replies.

He nods and looks around curiously. In the corner of the meadow there stands an old abandoned house. He glances at it. What in the world...? He tilts his head and stares at it. She looks up and notices that he is looking at something. Her eyes drift towards it and she stands.

"Gabrielle, don't go... it might not be safe," he says. She ignores him and walks towards it. He sighs and runs after her, trying to convince her not to go. There goes that peaceful day, he grumbles to himself. She looks at him, then grabs his hand and walks. He had no idea how right he was about his peaceful day being gone. As soon as they enter the house, he tenses. The feeling that something bad would happen enforces itself in his mind. Moments later, both fall into an abyss of unending darkness. As they fall, he groans and pulls her towards him. If they landed on something hard, then he would gain the most injuries. His eyes closed as he fell. Her eyes stayed open, trying to take in everything.

When they land, it's with a loud thump against the ground and both passed out. When they awoke, would they be expecting what they saw?

A young woman crouches behind a big piece of rubble with a pistol, waiting for her enemy to show themselves. Every now and then, she cautiously peeks around the stone, and when she sees no one, goes back to waiting. Her muscles were tense, as always. In this line of work, you couldn't relax for a moment, or you'd find yourself dead. She tried to keep her breathing slow and even, but it was hard with all the adrenaline rushing through her system. Finally, she heard something in the distance. Footsteps. She tightened her grip on the gun and... Thump! There's a sound behind her and she turns quickly to see two comatose forms on the ground.

Where the hell did they come from?!

Finding out would have to wait, as the footsteps came closer. Not only did she have to defend herself, now she had to protect two other people! And she didn't even know who exactly she was going up against! She let out a small exhale of frustration, pinpointed her target and stood up quickly, gun pointing at the person coming towards her. He was an unfamiliar, so she shot him quickly, twice. One bullet in the chest, another in the head.

Probably just a scout. I have to get out of here before any more come.

She now looked at the two bodies closer. Both were still alive, a boy and a girl, barely any younger than her. Butt where had they come from? She had come from that direction, and had made sure no one was following her. They couldn't of just of fallen out of the sky... Could they?

Gabriel started to come to, rubbing his eyes. When he could finally look around, nothing was familiar. A sharp pain panged from his chest. What the hell? he thought. He tried to sit up and only ended up groaning at the pressure on him. He pushed it off him and looked around. Where was he? What was going on? He looked to his left where he had pushed off his sister. He raised a brow, then the memories came back. His brows furrowed and he frowned. Whatever happened was not cool, not at all. He was furious that his sister hadn't been cautious enough not to go in the house. With a blink, his lips straightened into a line and his eyes blanked.

Gabrielle, still passed out from whatever happened, turned over. There was no way she was waking up anytime soon. He sighed and shook his head.

Speranza stiffened as the boy began to move around slightly. He hadn't notice her yet. She took stock of the situation. The first thing the boy had looked for was the girl. That meant that he cared for her, and she could be held hostage if needed. Slowly, she crept closer, aiming silently at the boy.

"If you make any sudden movements, I shoot you, then the girl." She said in a commanding tone. "Who are you, and where did you come from?"

"Gabriel. I'm assuming not this world or anything you would know of," he said plainly. He had no clue what she was pointing the gun at him for. He shook his head in confusion. Everything was so new and different from what he was used to. Where were the birds that usually sang? Or the flowers that stayed around for the year.

"What are you talking about? What are you here for?" Speranza raised an eyebrow, surprised the boy was so... unconcerned about the gun. It was like he didn't even know what it did.

"Look, if I know what the hell I was here for, do you think I wouldn't tell you. I don't even know where here is. One minute she's pulling me towards some house that I clearly told her not to go towards and the next we're falling through the damn floor and we end wherever the hell 'here' is." Gabriel said, getting more and more annoyed by the second. Why did she ask so many questions?

Speranza scowls. "You don't make sense, and I'm done trying to puzzle you out right now. We're in danger here, and we need to move. So unless you would like to die a slow painful death I suggest that you pick up the girl and follow me."

Gabriel rolled his eyes. He thought he had made perfect sense, but apparently not. He looked towards his sister and stood, picking her up as he did so. He wasn't about to let this girl hurt her just because she had little patience.

"Come on," Speranza said, walking away. "I'll get the full story from you when we get back to my camp." It was probably a bad decision, taking them back to her hide out, but she had a gut feeling that they weren't enemies. That they may even be useful.

Gabriel shrugged off his questions and stared at his sister for a moment before following the girl. In all honesty, did he have a choice? Probably not. If he went on his own, he would only end up lost and with no way to keep his sister alive. That didn't mean that he had to like it though. Who was he kidding? If it involved people, he didn't enjoy. He grumbled under his breath and shifted her in his arms. How long is she going to sleep? he thought with a groan. There was going to be a point when he tired of carrying her, that he knew.

"Can you at least tell me your names? Mine is Speranza. Speranza Volere." She glances over her shoulder. The boy was strong, he was carrying that girl without much obvious strain. And he was handsome too... no, she wouldn't think about that now. Get to safety now, daydream later. The camp was some distance away. Right now they were getting close to the end of the no man's land. She sighed with annoyance. She hadn't been around people is so long, that she hardly knew what to do or say.

"I'm Gabriel. Gabriel Cosma. The girl, my sister, is Gabrielle," he said. He wasn't one to talk as it only served to annoy him. He rolled his eyes and looked at his sister once more. He was in a state of confusion and he had no clue how to solve it. He also didn't know how to explain that everything here was entirely different from what he was used to.

"Nice to meet you Gabriel." Speranza spread her hands to gesture to their surroundings. "Do you have any idea where you are?"

Gabriel looked around. "I have not a damn clue. This place doesn't even close to home." he stated.

"You must not be of this world then. How lucky you are," Speranza says bitterly. "Everywhere in the world looks like this now. Ever since the wars started."

"Wars?" said a different voice, softer and more curious than the one that had come from Gabriel's mouth. He looked down to see Gabrielle's eyes had opened. Really?! he thought. Had she been pretending to sleep? Okay, that was frustrating. He simply stared at her for a moment, unamusement clear on his face. She blinked and immediately flinched away. So mean.. she thought, frowning.

Speranza looks behind her again. "So you're awake now? Yes, wars. Many wars. They have destroyed our world, and the people within it. The wars tore apart families, turned brother against brother, and now there's only a small fraction of the population that used to be." She tries to hide the anguish in her voice. She stops for a moment, and looks up. "The only thing left the same is the sky. It makes me think that if we win this, maybe things will go back to the way they used to be." She laughs mirthlessly, and resumes walking. "It's a foolish wish."

Gabriel puts Gabrielle on her feet. Gabrielle immediately hid behind him. Everything seemed so scary. What had happened? She felt like crying. This wasn't a place for her. Her eyes widened as the girl talked. Everything she said only terrified her more. She wasn't sure how to take it all and so she squeaked and stayed hidden behind her brother. She didn't even know this person.

Gabriel scoffed at his sister's actions. He knew there was really nothing to be afraid of and couldn't see why she was so frightened. He let her stay behind him however, knowing that she wasn't the best with strangers. He rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"Don't treat her like that." Speranza says, noticing the way Gabriel is acting towards his sister. "I have a feeling that she truly understands what a horrible world she is now in, unlike you. This is a land of pain, death, regret, and despair. She has every right to act frightened. I just hope that you can get back to where you came from before this place ruins you, damages you beyond repair."

"He's already ruined..." Gabrielle mumbles to herself, earning a glare from her brother. She sighs and looks at the ground. She doesn't hate her brother, but right now he seemed more irritable than normal. Was it because he had told her not to do something that he felt was dangerous and she had done it? She didn't know, but whatever it was...it hurt to be treated like that.

Gabriel sighed and looked away. Had he just brought his sister, the only person he let close to him. to tears? Now he felt like an idiot. He turned towards her and hugged her gently. "Hey, hey...I'm sorry." he said into her hair.

"See, there you go. Keep that bond. The only people you have to rely on is each other." Speranza smiled softly at the sight of sibling affection. Something she had never known in her life. they were getting close to camp. More rubble was scattered around the hard ground. She adjusted their course slightly and soon they came to a half crumbled building. "Here we are. Welcome to my humble abode."

Gabriel sighed and looked around. He wasn't expecting anything pretty, but this was a home? He didn't know how to take this. What in the world.. He shook his head, convinced that he was seeing things. After seeing that it was still real, he tilted his head and stared at the scene before him.

Gabrielle couldn't help but giggle at her brother's antics. She had never seen him so confused and disbelieving. To her, it was funny. She knew that there was a bright side to everything, even if it couldn't be seen by everyone else. She smiled a little as he ruffled her hair in his confusion. She knew that he wasn't very affectionate and maybe this would change it. She looked around the area, seemingly puzzled as well, but not as disbelieving.

"Come on," Spperanza ducked underneath a fallen beam and into the decripit building. Inside looke slightly better than the exterior, the smaller pieces of rubble had been cleared out, and it had some sparce furniture. There was a ratty matress by the wall, and a couple of stools. There was a cabinet with a food supply, and a roof over everything. She felt herself relax slightly. This was home, the safest place for her right now. She heard the Gabrielle giggling behind her. That was the most innocent sound she had heard in a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back