• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern From Ashes (Nonstandard "Nations" RP) 1930

Nepty

Biji YPG!
Forward: This Game is Recommended to History Enthusiasts, with a decent knowledge of the 1st and 2nd world wars)

G0I0z65.jpg

From the ashes of the first world war, into the firestorm of the second

Firstly, hello. I'd like to welcome you to a (possibly) new concept on RPNation. A game where characterization, development and discussion is still important...but you won't be playing individuals..at least not individuals as you might be used to.

(Bear with me and read on, I promise it'll be interesting)

The 1930s. For us, here in 2015, it was the 'calm before the storm' a time where the scales of history could tip in any direction. As it happened, they tipped towards Adolf Hitler. The Third Reich rose, the Axis Powers rose, and the world burned for six years.

What if, however, it had been different?

This game puts players in the proverbial shoes of a world leader, beginning in 1930. This is three years before Adolf Hitler becomes Chancellor of the Weimar Republic. He's a rising star, of course, and the losers of the 1st world war still bear the shame and shock of defeat with a bitter anger in their hearts.

PLAYING A NATIONS GAME

Players won't be 'posting' as per se. Instead, the OOC thread is where most conversation should take place, as well as a 'negotiation' section that will be added on once I can get a mod to do it. (Conversations via skype chat are also accepted)

Basically, each player will have 6 "Orders" per turn. Each turn will be a week long in real time, and 3 months long in game. Early in the week, players will PM me, the GM, a list of formatted 'orders' interpreted as the government's orders to be executed over this time. At the end of each week, I'll post a newspaper-like, descriptive account of the results of these orders.

Due to the complicated nature of running a nation, most aspects will be greatly simplified, but I will try to remain as realistic as possible. Depending on the type of government you start of with, or develop yourself into, of course. An authoritarian leader is probably far more likley to be able to pull of things like massed executions, huge conscriptions or other things like that than, say, the leader of the united states, who would have full scale revolt on his hands if he somehow tried to do this all in one go (though, as history has shown, converting one's populace over time is viable) This type of RP stresses playing the long game. Treat your country like what it is, a country of living people, shaped by their times and lives. Treat this like the real world. These are human beings that you are impacting. In our world, over thirty million of them will die within fifteen years. In this world, those thirty million might live. Others might die. This is not an insult to those who died, but rather a speculative divergence from history, please understand this.

Each turn will come with a map, doctored every turn in photoshop to show lines of expansion and so forth.

I realize that quite a lot of things are yet to be address, and rest assured, they will be. If anyone is interested, and has any questions, feel free to ask away, and I'll answer. (@Cashdash25, @Klimino Zepehphor , @admiral9 and @The Glass Ninja will be happy to as well)

What is advised, however

An adequate knowledge of history

Understanding that this game promotes PVP conflicts and alliances.

Understanding that this game will NOT be pulling any punches.

A Content Warning. There is no such thing as a clean war. Going to war means that civilians will die. There will be war crimes. There will be violence. There will be human suffering. That is war.

Please treat this maturely. This may touch on sensitive topics.

But above all, the purpose of this game is to enjoy an alternate history setting. So enjoy!

Any country extant at the time is available, with all issues associated. If anyone has any questions about countries, I will be happy to answer the,

Note: I'd advise against all but the biggest history nerds taking the USA. At the moment it's an impoverished, teetering colossus nearly on the brink of a second civil war.

Anyways, you'll be playing the proverbial game of thrones by working with the following individuals

Leader: You

Army Commander: The commander of your armies.

Naval Commander:

-Sub-generals (who lead your various armies)

Treasurer:

Industrial Minister:

Economics Minister:

Minister of Agriculture:

Spymaster: In charge of spies and internal affairs.

Public Minister: In charge of PR

War Minister

Other: Others

Example (Of a well known historical 'council' from 1940. This list is of the best example from that time, which is, unfortunately, the Hitler Cabinet)

Council of the Greater German Reich

Fuhrer/Leader: Adolf Hitler

Whermacht Heer/Army Commander: Field MarshallWalther von Brauchitsch

Kreigsmarine/Naval Commander: Erich Rader

Treasurer: Franz Xaver Shwarz

Industrial Minister:

Economics Minister: Walther Funk

Minister of Agriculture: Richard Darre

Obergruppenfuhrer of the Gestapo/Spymaster: Reinhard Heydrich

Propaganda/Public Minister: Josef Goebells

War Minister: Fritz Todt

Special

Commander of the SS: Heinrich Himmler
Please stake a claim to your nations now, and good luck!

Current

Cashdash25: Poland

Admiral9: Czechoslovakia

Last edited by a moderator:
You know you've got myself and Addy, and everything attached to that phrase.

I'm happy to advise and assist any interested players.

*everything attached*

which is when I have flashbacks on all the fun and mischief we cause... this is gonna be fun!

im interested, ill play finland.

i didnt see it but is there any countries players are not allowed to play?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back