• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Fresh Meat Out Of Character Chat

I have some questions for this rp, if you don't mind ^^
I'm just curious and find the knowledge could be useful c:

1. Do zombies only eat humans? Or animals too?

2. What attracts zombies? Movement, smell, sound? All of the above?

I have some questions for this rp, if you don't mind ^^
I'm just curious and find the knowledge could be useful c:

1. Do zombies only eat humans? Or animals too?

2. What attracts zombies? Movement, smell, sound? All of the above?
I dont know if these are the answers that the creator intended but here is what I assumed when i started writing for the rp.
1. They eat aninals but the animals do not turn.
2. Sound, sight, movement only if it is in their field of vision. I dont think smell works though. Think about it. If the virus has access to a hosts brain, it will take the already existing knowledge. You know how a human sounds when they are screaming and shit but do you know how blood smells? Do you know how a human smells from afar? Even if you do, humans cannot smell that well so i dont think it would be used. If you cut yourself, a zombie wont just run at you from the other side of the town because it smells your blood. Same way you normally wouldnt know if someone cut themselves. But these are just my 2 cents.

I dont know if these are the answers that the creator intended but here is what I assumed when i started writing for the rp.
2. Sound, sight, movement only if it is in their field of vision. I dont think smell works though. Think about it. If the virus has access to a hosts brain, it will take the already existing knowledge. You know how a human sounds when they are screaming and shit but do you know how blood smells? Do you know how a human smells from afar? Even if you do, humans cannot smell that well so i dont think it would be used. If you cut yourself, a zombie wont just run at you from the other side of the town because it smells your blood. Same way you normally wouldnt know if someone cut themselves. But these are just my 2 cents.

The animals would turn as well.
I threw in the most insects having immunity in there so that it was an active way to spread the disease but not as an active looming threat for the characters.

As for the attraction part I doubt the zombies smell is even functional at that point, seeing as I myself can't whiff my sister from the other room I doubt a decaying human infected with a disease could either.

It probably comes down to loud noises and field of vision. They see things they want and go after it, if their attention is diverted then they'll find attraction in a new host.

I threw in the most insects having immunity in there so that it was an active way to spread the disease but not as an active looming threat for the characters.

As for the attraction part I doubt the zombies smell is even functional at that point, seeing as I myself can't whiff my sister from the other room I doubt a decaying human infected with a disease could either.

It probably comes down to loud noises and field of vision. They see things they want and go after it, if their attention is diverted then they'll find attraction in a new host.
So were gonna have to deal with zombie cats and dogs? It can get pretty ridiculous if all animals could potentially turn.

I have the start to my post now, I'll get on it some more so everyone else can go. Thanks for your patience, guys.

Ohh, ok, I see ^^
I was just wanted to clarify since there are all sorts of 'different' zombies in pop culture. (I would have to say Left 4 Dead and World War Z would be the scariest sort of zombies and hardest to deal with o: )

Sorry y'all I have been busy and am not in the best mind set the past couple of months. But is anyone looking to work on a backstory with me?

I will be leaving tomorrow for camping and I will be back around Sunday-Monday.
If I don't have service there, you guys can just pretend I'm tagging along or whatever Sir Monsieur Sir Monsieur is up to ^^

Hey is this still alive? I sort of forgot about this and my notifications weren't working, so I just got here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back