Video Games Free MMORPG Recommendation?

Neverwinter is good, however i usually only play non-free MMORPG's like Warcraft, and Elder scrolls online.

Warframe is a nice one. It's just a glorified farmfest, but still enjoyable because of the huge variety of equipment and customization there is. I'm not that active, but I try to come back to Warframe when the team releases a new weapon or warframe to play around with it's mechanics. *glares at excalibur umbra*

Closers Online is pretty fun too if you like beat 'em ups, but I dunno if it's available outside of Asia yet.

There's Toontown Rewritten, which is great if you're into nostalgia. Otherwise, the only other games I've played and liked were Wizard101 & Pirate101, which are both eventually pay to play (but you can do the first areas in each for free).

Hey y'all, what are your favorite f2p MMORPG games?
Neverwinter's pretty good, and you can still do most of the content even if you're more of a solo person(aka, me). Last time I played, I was, like, 10 or 20 levels away from the then level cap. Think it incereased again in the half year or so since I played, but still definitely worth it.

Besides that, I've heard Adventure Quest 3D is rather similar to it's 2d predecessor(aka, fun), so I'd say check that out.

Pretty sure the original Adventure Quest is still available, but it's browser based.

D&D Online is... fun I guess. The game's old, the voice acting always seemed laughable to me, and at least a third of the classes are blocked behind paywalls. But multispec-ing is always pretty cool when MMO's have it, 'specially with some of the dumb shit you could do using it.

I think there was one called Cloud Pirates or something. Never got around to playing it, but I've heard a lot of good stuff about it.

There are dozens more I could think of, but that's all I can get off the top of my head. Have fun!

I would say my top two picks are Tera and Archeage with an honorable mention to Black Desert Online which isn't technically free to play but only costs like $15 once. No recurring sub. If you have $15 to blow on steam, do yourself a huge favour and get BDO. I can't possibly recommend it enough.

Pangya Debug is pretty good, if ya like anime and golf

LaTale is a pretty decent and easy RPG based mmo, fun avatars and guilds too.

Black Desert Online is B2P.. around $10, but other than that it is free. Everything can be accomplished by playing or life skilling it just takes time. There is a ton to do in that game.

ESO is B2P, I recommend getting it when its on sale. Other than that, you don’t need subscription for the game. Buy it once and have fun.

I haven't played many MMOs lately so I don't really have much of a sense of what's hot and what's not nowadays, but here's a few random games I've enjoyed over the years.

Mabinogi is a sort of sandboxy fantasy MMO with a cute anime style and some pretty unique and complex gameplay systems. It's an older game so the graphics aren't super fresh but I feel like the style has aged pretty well. I haven't played it in ages though so I can't tell you what the game's really like nowadays.

Dungeon Fighter Online is an arcade brawler fantasy MMO with some seriously nice pixel art. There are a lot of different classes to choose from and I had a ton of fun with the game even though I'm terrible with arcade brawlers. It is one of those games where what class you choose dictates your character's appearance, though.

I played The Secret World some back before it was free to play and it's a unique game with a modern day adventure/horror theme which is pretty uncommon as far as MMOs go. Nowadays it goes by the name Secret World Legends but I can't comment for its quality after the transition to free to play as from what I understand they changed the combat and some other stuff around.

Path of Exile is great if you're into Diablo-esque loot based action RPGs. It's got a super flexible skill system that's overwhelming to me so when I play I always follow a guide. You follow a sphere grid like in FFX and slot different gems to give your character their skills and stats.

I'm also a fan of some other games like Everquest II, which has an absolutely amazing housing system if you can get past the art style. It hasn't aged very well compared to some of the other games I mentioned. There's also RIFT if you're into MMOs with cool housing systems but I don't really know much about that game, honestly. Lord of the Rings Online is also worth a try if you're at all into the books or movies.

There's also a really fascinating indie sandbox MMO called Project Gorgon that's pretty bizarre. For example, dying is a skill. You die and get experience points in dying. You can transform or be transformed into different animals and actually play as these animals. It's still under active development and I haven't actually played it in a long time so it's probably changed a lot but it's worth trying just to see how strange it is compared to most MMOs.

Anything which isn't supported by Aeria Games.

Realistically I think you're going to struggle these days in the FREE MMORPG arena though, because the market is saturated and each title therefore has to either progressively push cash shop necessities in the game or can't provide the level of support required for the game to handle large volumes of people and deliver regular content.

Of those I've played, Path of Exile was the most enjoyable, but I never felt fully immersed in it as a MMORPG either.

Right now I've been playing EvE Online. So much space, so little time! But it can get very crazy with stats and knowing how best to fit your ship to min-max.

I am patiently waiting for the WoW Classic release. I always loved WoW.

ESO isn't really p2p. You can play just as well without paying. Most of the stuff on the store is aesthetic. However, if you want to craft, having membership would be a good thing for the unlimited crafting bag.
But I guess It wouldnt be a good Option For You If Youre Looking For mmorpgs That Are Free To Download...

A couple years ago, I played the crap outta MapleStory. The game has some good gameplay for it, but I think I just play to get everything I can in the game without paying.

Runescape was fun. I haven't played it since 2008, but I did spend countless hours on it, especially at night after school. It's still going strong the last time I checked.

I recommend Eldevin if you don't mind low-poly graphics. There's also Path of Exile if you like games that are styled similarly to Diablo.

Champions Online! Get it through steam though. It's super fun and the customization is fantastic!

Keep in mind that the customization is EXTREMELY limited at the start, up until level 10. There's a good reason for this. When I first started, they had all free options unlocked and I was working on my first character design for 9 hours. It can be overwhelming for a new player. XD

The RP there is great too!

I’d defiantly be one to recommend World d Warcraft. Although the you have to pay it’s defiantly worth wild. You have choices of playing the games story, battleing other players and even role playing on certain servers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back