Tech Free art in exchange for pre-built gaming PC suggestion!

Nostalchiq

Uncomfortably Numb
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi everyone! I need a new computer because mine is 8 years old, and I don't know enough about them to be able to make an informed decision on what to buy next without help (I'd love to be able to build, but again, no clue what I'm doing 😅)

I also need some inspiration for my next drawing, so I thought it might be fun to offer free art to whoever suggests the PC that I'll end up buying!

Here's some info on what I'm looking for:

+ Something without proprietary parts (no Alienware, HP, Dell, Acer, etc)
+ Around $1,500
+ Good for gaming and digital art apps (I play older games mostly like Fallout 4, Skyrim, etc., but it would be nice to be able to play Elder Scrolls 6 and Fable when they're released, as well as FF7 Remake)
+ A case with good ventilation (I don't care about fancy colors and lights and stuff)
+ Ideally liquid cooling, but not absolutely necessary
+ From a reputable seller with a decent warranty

How this works: You suggest a PC (Or several) and if I choose yours you get free art of your OC or fandom character of choice! (Black and white lineart, but possible color if I'm feeling up to it). There's really no way for us to make this legally binding/official, so you'll just have to trust in me. 😅

If anyone can give me any advice too, I'd greatly appreciate it! I'm looking to buy the computer soon, like within a couple weeks. I'm not the best artist in the world, but hopefully I can make someone happy with this exchange!

Thanks!

___​

Examples of my art:

Zidaneresized.jpg

berylclothesfinishedresized.jpg

KatrinaArmorFinishedresized.jpg

It's always going to be cheaper to build it yourself but was pretty daunting for me too so I get it lol. The only consideration would be that some PCs are going to come with Windows 11 pre-installed now instead of Windows 10 so make sure to check the OS before buying. Also the one I'm linking is limited (while supplies last).

If anyone can give me any advice too, I'd greatly appreciate it! I'm looking to buy the computer soon, like within a couple weeks. I'm not the best artist in the world, but hopefully I can make someone happy with this exchange!
Don't knock yourself or cut yourself short. You do great artwork.

As for a recommendation for a PC, let me start by punching holes in that Newegg pc.
For smooth gaming, don't mix the AMD Ryzen processor with an Nvidia graphics card. [If you want AMD, then get a Radeon card. If you want Nvidia, then get an Intel processor.]
There is no reason to get something that has a 2nd hard drive that is an HDD. [HDD are mechanical drives and will die out 10x's faster than SSD]
NVMe will do better for you than SSD, often for the same price.
The 3060 Ti isn't bad, but for slightly more, you can get a lot more power out of the 3080. [PassMark Comparison] Go to that site for reference on video card performances. It also shows you Radeon cards if you desire to stick with the Ryzen processor.
Win 10, yes, over win 11. Pro...only if you need it. No point in spending the extra if you don't need it.
My greatest concern with that listing is that you cannot see what kind of motherboard, power supply, and memory you are getting. You could be getting the scuzzy bottom-of-the-barrel product to compensate for the cost of all the other "powerful gaming" items they put in there.
I can post a recommendation for you; I'll need a little time and more clarification on your interest.
I sell PCs too, but we would need to do an offline agreement for me to go that route. I ask for deposits.

Newegg pc

That one is slightly more like $100. However, I would stand behind that one over the other because if you view the Specs. You can see the items that you are getting. This is shooting from the hip, so to speak. As mentioned, I need more details on the requirements and usage for a more accurate recommendation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back