• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Freakshows & Oddjobs

BlueClover

*Jumps Through Window*
As night had fallen, the edge of town had decided to come alive. The sound of music echoed, the scent of popcorn and sweets also followed along with that, the giant red tent had shown itself to the world. Everything outside looked truly whimsical but the inside was where the true power lay.

"What?!" Yelled a man dressed in red, the color going well with his face at the moment. The other man hid behind his clip board "Sir, it's just 30 minutes." "30 minutes lost! We could have been on right now!" Slowly the mans anger turned into a low sigh. "Just get everything set up. Bring me our special friends. A good pep talk before it all would be nice." The man softly rubbed the side of his head, lifting his hat and examining it. "Happy anniversary Granddad."

The man with the clipboard stared for a second. 'Why did I take this job!' He said in his head before vanishing to telling the attractions that The Ringmaster wanted to see them.

Aminora Aminora R Rimezra Loki777 Loki777 shylock shylock Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed

A girl stood in front of a mirror, staring at her own reflection while grooming her hair. "Tonight's the night...Don't be scared." Her little pep talk was interrupted by a black form behind her.

"Calm down. You're going to be lovely." The black object gave a wide smile while looking into the mirror. It ruffled its hair "Just think positive and everything will be fine-"

Suddenly, the door swung open and the black object became its normal form, the shadow of Jasmine. It was the guy needing to call upon the Freaks "The Amazing Deer Girl!"

Jasmine put the last piece of her costume on, the red vest, before getting up and staring at the man.
"Yes?" She asked looking down slightly with her nervous expression growing more and more. It didn't help that the man was staring at her antlers, not even uttering another word. "Uh...." Luckily her nervous noise made him snap back "You're needed by The Ringmaster." Jasmine's eyes widened and she bolted out the door, the man getting shoved out as she did. He took a second to make sure she was out of earshot ".....Freak...."

Minami grinned in delight as she stroked her hair while observing the mirror in her circus cage. Congratulations to Minami, who was kept in a cage like an animal. At least she was given a mirror and a similar set-up to a dressing room, including a bowl of water and other entertainment things. It wasn't as though the cage even held her.

As she got ready, the man who was sent by the Ringmaster crossed her cage and knocked on the bars. "Floorshifter! The Ringmaster needs you NOW," said the man. Minami got in her attire, which was nothing more than a black corset and a pair of shiny black shorts. In her cage, she normally remained in the nude, but performance standards had to be held up. Suddenly, Minami disappeared.

The man gulped as he felt Minami's cold breath on his neck. Minami spoke first.
"Okay."

The man turned on his heel and went away to talk to the other freaks. Once the man was out of Minami's line of sight, he finally let out a sigh and muttered under his breath. "Freak."
Jumping onto Minami's back was a 10 year old girl; the source of the cold aura around Minami's body. "Miiinamiiin!," chirped the girl, excitedly tapping on The Floorshifter's head. Now that Minami was free to do whatever, Rii finally showed up to the point of allowing herself to latch onto the older girl.

"Nice to see you too, Rii." Minami grinned as she ruffled the small girl's white hair. She suddenly disappeared again and reappeared in the room with the Ringmaster. However cocky she acted in the changing room, it all disappeared as Minami's respect for the Ringmaster was that of the highest quality. Being a perfectionist like him, Minami did nothing but stoop into a low, genuine bow in front of the man. "Ringmaster."

B BlueClover Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Astraea Conover
Astra was pissed... Sure she was only seven, but the child had an attitude. She got upset over most things, and her main way of dealing with it tended to be waving her lighter around like the thought of a scrawny child with a mini flame could scare them. That was just who she was and nothing seemed to be changing that.

When she was called for the Ringmaster, she quickly began pulling on her outfit. It was small, a little black leotard with a gold vest and a tool bag with no shoes other than the built in socks. Astra didn't just a damn what the others told her about 'Feet need to be protected! It isn't safe to go like that!'. She didn't care, thinking herself above injury. Call her arrogant, but she liked to believe that she could be the best. It kept her up most nights, hoping that one day she'd be more than just 'Freaky girl'. Still, she had it better than most without visible oddities. If need be, she'd probably fit in with others outside of this place, but she had nowhere to go and no paycheck away from here.

So Astra wandered into the room with the Ringmaster, not bothering to bow or anything as she just flopped down on the floor and stared at him. She'd always sort of hoped he'd be freaked out by her odd stare, but he didn't even seem deterred most nights no matter how long she looked at him. It was a bit of fun and frustration she had to test the limits of what she could do with a single long stare.
B BlueClover Aminora Aminora R Rimezra Loki777 Loki777 shylock shylock Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Leo
Leo had been sitting on the dusty floor of his bedroom when he was summoned. Sparky had been purring very happily as Leo meowed back at her. It might seem very strange, but the seventeen year old male truly understood and fluently spoke his pet's language. Well, pet is rude to animals, so Leo calls Sparky a companion. That's much more dignified than being a pet. "Mreow?" Ready? He asked his friend and the cat turned to glare at Leo. She let out an angry hiss and stood to shake herself off in a very offensive way in catguage (Cat Language). Leo didn't seem to care, seeing as he grinned and stood as well.

His outfit for the night was a blue suit trimmed with frilly white lace. While it might have been a bit old fashioned, the look went perfectly well with Leo's bright white hair and the blue one of his eyes. "Come on Sparky! Jasmine might be there!" Why Jasmine? Leo found her very sweet, easy to talk to and never one to take advantage. He saw most of the girl's here as sisters, though some a bit older than he. Jasmine had always fascinated him, giving a shy smile whenever she saw him. He liked the others a lot as well, particularly Minami. The younger girl seemed to understand lots of his own troubles, making her one of his favorites. He didn't see why she needed to be locked up, to him she was perfectly welcoming and friendly. Then he had to consider the others. Astra was alright, maybe a bit feisty, but Leo saw that as just confused. Rii was almost like himself, except only to those she trusted. And Chloe was very sweet as well, but he saw her as more of a younger sister than perhaps a friend.

"Sir Ringmaster!" He sang, skipping in and shooting a grin to the group in the room. "I came as fast as I could! Do you want me to get the others? I can do that if you wan- Hey Minami!" The sudden switch in topic came when he saw the girl, and he grinned at her with those perfect white teeth. He had a habit of brushing them for over ten minutes as a compulsive thing. The poor cat, Sparky, had been forced into this as well with her own toothbrush and toothpaste. "Rii! Hello! Are you excited? I hear the crowd will be great! They'll love you!" He chirped to Rii, but then turned to Minami. "Both of you! You always make them love you!"
B BlueClover Aminora Aminora R Rimezra Loki777 Loki777 shylock shylock Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Rufus had been in the middle of stitching up his cloak when he got the message. In the last act, one of Leo's animals had acidentally torn his favorite blue cloak. Sure, he had others like the green one, but the deep navy blue was his favorite. He pouted a bit at the man, but eventually set down the blue one and pulled on his red cloak. Other than the cloak he usually only wore a pair of shorts, but today he had a black tank top to go with it. "One more minute?" He asked, pleading with his eyes after that. The man sighed but relented to Rufus's pouty baby blue eyes.

That precious minute was spent singing in the mirror and jumping around happily. "CAME IN LIKE A WRECKING BALL!" He sang as loud and off key as he possibly could. It was the most fun he'd had since he accidentally drank a beer. (It had tasted good at the time). Then the door burst open and Rufus pouted at the same man who had given him more time. "Fine..." He whispered and trudged outside towards the ringmaster.

The little bat child didn't make it very far, because he found Jasmine. "JAZZY!" He cried, running forward to grab her shirt. "Hello! Did you know I found an apple! I-I almost brought it to you, but I, uh, ate it..." That was the face of sorrow, but it didn't stay that way for long. He grabbed her hand and began dragging her. Jasmine wasn't given much choice in the matter, and was slowly dragged away. "I can find another though!"

Minami snapped out of the bow and looked up to see Leo. When he flashed his teeth at her, Minami grinned back, revealing a set of pointy teeth. "Of course they love me. I'm a featured attraction for a reason, and it's because of all the dangerous stuff I do. Damn, the first time I performed the audience was frightened to hell." She chuckled and turned back to the Ringmaster. Of course, chatting so much was usually a bad thing, so Minami tried to keep it to a minimum on the floor. While she waited for the other attractions, Minami only had herself to keep herself company. She closed her eyes and began taking deep breaths in preparation for her dangerous and possibly borderline life-threatening acts.

Rii grinned up at Leo. "Ya, I can't wait to try a new trick I learned. It's not scary, like the one where Minami locks herself in a steel box full of water and escapes with the key between her teeth, but it's lots of fun! I can't wait to try it." She waved her hands in front of Leo, spreading an icy rainbow in front of his vision. "What do you have planned for today?" Casual, excitable, and childish. Rii was often times chill, but she managed to open up to Leo before anyone else, except for Minami. Minami and Rii went a long way back, but that's another story that can wait.

Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed B BlueClover

Leo sighed and shrugged, still grinning. "I'm going to ask the polar bears to let Sparky jump on them. Then hopefully they don't eat her!" The cat let out a hiss of annoyance and swatted at Leo, who just laughed. "Mrew." I'm kidding! He meowed at her, grinning wider. "She adores me if you can't tell. I'm her favorite... To maul..." Then a sharp burst of laughter came and he turned his attention back to Rii.

"So, what exactly are you going to do? You're not going to get harmed are you?!" A sad sort of seriousness came onto his face as he remembered several serious accidents that had claimed several lives of his friends. The thought of a child, a child he happened to adore, being lost broke him. "Be careful alright?" He asked, reaching out to stroke Rii's hair. "I want to see you come back here with a smile, got it?"
Aminora Aminora B BlueClover

Chloe and Edward were in their room, together like the usual. Their room was like an old apartment room complete with a bunk bed. Chloe was polishing her singing voice, pitching and modulating her voice. Chloe was attempting to hit higher notes without cracking her voice in front of a mirror. Edward was throwing his stainless steel knives at a dart board. Almost all of his shots were a few inches away from the center, especially his first one which was only an inch away from the center. He threw the sixth knife at the dart board. Knife was really close to the edge of the dart board. To the point that it didn't had any worth of score. "There's always that one shot..." Edward whispered to himself. Out of all his near perfect shots his last one is always a miss. Edward decided to shrug it off and check on how his little sister is going.

"Chloe, are you done dressing up?"
Edward approached and asked his sister. Edward was already dressed in his basic attire which was his black sweater vest and slacks. His white polo and blue necktie was over lapped by his sweater vest. Chloe stopped singing and gave all her attention to Edward. "Yes i am, Big brother." Chloe replied politely. Seems like Chloe was already dressed up in her signature pastel pink dress. Edward place his hands on his hips before kneeling down eye level with Chloe. "Good, now let's hear what you practice by far." Edward said to Chloe while removing his headset. Chloe nodded and started to open her mouth. At first she started to sing in a very low angle choir "Ahhh". Edward started to gently raise his right hand up. As Edward rises his hand, Chloe's pitch went higher and higher. Edward stopped his hand in mid air. His hand was over head now. Chloe stopped raising her pitch and tried to maintain the current high note. Edward was trying to prolong Chloe's high note to the time of exactly seven seconds. After seven seconds passed. Edward clenched his raised hand telling Chloe to stop. Chloe stopped as soon as her older brother clenched his hand. "Good job." Edward appreciated his sister's singing without her cracking her voice.

After the practice a man suddenly barged in their room. He said that the were being called by the ringleader, both of them. He said. Edward nodded in reply and the man left. Edward noticed that her sister's black footwear was just nearby and un-equipped to Chloe. He took the small pair of women flat shoes and laid it in front of his little sister. "Wear your shoes now. We need to go. He is calling us." Edward softly said to his little sister. Chloe quietly wore the shoes to her glossy jelly-like feet. Edward picked up his knives sticking to the dart board and placed them in his pocket. Edward walked back to Chloe and carried her in his arms like a toddler. Be fore he left the room he flicked the switch off and the lights closed. After walking for few minutes they have finally reached the area where the Ringmaster is and the other attractions. "Greetings, sorry if were late." Edward humbly said while holding his sister in his arms. B BlueClover Aminora Aminora Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed

The Ringmaster & Jasmine
Jasmine was sprinting towards the Ringmaster's place, however she was stopped by a small flying bat child. The antlered girl smiled softly as she ruffled his hair. She was suddenly getting dragged with little choice "Rufus...that's really sweet but we can't look for one right now. We'll get in trouble with the Ringmaster." She picked the small bat boy up and started running to the original destination.

The Ringmaster looked at the people coming in and smiles, marveling at the little group he had made. "Strong and confident. Very good Minami, that's the attitude I like to see." He then peered at Astra and smirked at her stare. "Going to take more than that to upset me tonight, Astra." He cleared his throat and tapped his finger, walking over to multiple posters. One was of a man placing his head in a lions mouth, another of a man the size of the circus tent, and a woman with an umbrella walking as chaos falls around her.

"The Suicidal Hatter, The Titan Man, and Miss Fortune. These three along with many others were part of my grandfathers show. He would have loved to see what it has become." The Ringmaster put his hat on his chest. "70 years exactly was when this circus first took life. And even though he isn't here, we will still go on. I want you all to give me 100....No...200% out there! I expect nothing less! Tonight will be amazing, perfect even! You all have 15 minutes to prepare and-"

That's when Jasmine ran into the room. She took a second to catch her breath before seeing the Ringmaster's glare. "You're late....." The man said with poison in his tone, glaring daggers at the deer girl. "Don't mess up tonight, I want 2000% out of you both to make up for your lack of interest in this meeting." The Ringmaster took a deep breath before breaking into a smile "Any questions?"

Aminora Aminora Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Minami suddenly sat down and lay down on the ground. "I'm going last again, with the whole box trick. Besides, they need to get the kids away before the adults can roll in and watch me drown myself alive. Apparently, the trick is too scarring for little kids." She chuckled and looked to Leo, then back to Rii.

Rii flashed a thumbs-up and looked out to the grand stage from behind the stage.
"S-So big." She smiled happily at Leo, then to the Ringmaster. Was it her turn to go? Someone was bound to tell her soon. "I'll jus' align to th' schedule. Who's goin' first?"

Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed B BlueClover Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Users who are viewing this thread

Back