• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Four Unrelated Questions About Follow Systems And Roleplays

AThiefOfSpades

HSS Fandom Rep/Pun Bun/A Friendly Face
Numero Uno: So far as I know, and do correct me if I'm wrong, the follow system is so we can stalk our friends and roleplayers to see when they're online so we know when to message or reply to get the fastest reply. (At least, that's what I'm using it for? Um. It just occurred to me I might have a mild stalking problem.) I was wondering why we have a follow system and not a friends system? Seems like since most roleplayers and followers are friends it would make way more sense.

Dos: Have there been recent reports of the private messages malfunctioning? I'm curious about a thing that happened but unless others are having the same problem, it's prolly not a problem.

Tres and Quatro: So a bit back errybody was fighting over a bunch of political shit, mostly having to do with the U.S., but I'm pretty sure Australia, Canada, and England were going through some poli-shit as well, which we were banned from talking about. Anyway, since it seems like most people agree most of our candidates are hilarious, I thought it might be nice to do a political satire RP featuring our real life politicians and was wondering if it were allowed? Otherwise, a fake political satire could always go, if that's allowed? Anyway. Hella let me know.

I was wondering why we have a follow system and not a friends system?

To my understanding, the following system is what the software came with, so we use it.

Have there been recent reports of the private messages malfunctioning?

If you are noticing any site related malfunctions, create another thread with the 'bug' prefix, and we will see if it is anything that needs to be addressed.  It does not matter how big the issue is.

Anyway. Hella let me know.

The SQ&I forum is not meant for roleplay recruitment.  Please create a separate thread in the appropriate recruitment subforum.

Tres and Quatro: So a bit back errybody was fighting over a bunch of political shit, mostly having to do with the U.S., but I'm pretty sure Australia, Canada, and England were going through some poli-shit as well, which we were banned from talking about. Anyway, since it seems like most people agree most of our candidates are hilarious, I thought it might be nice to do a political satire RP featuring our real life politicians and was wondering if it were allowed? Otherwise, a fake political satire could always go, if that's allowed? Anyway. Hella let me know.

The SQ&I forum is not meant for roleplay recruitment.  Please create a separate thread in the appropriate recruitment subforum.

I don't believe he or she was recruiting here, the question was posed to cover whether or not they were allowed to create a roleplay on the topic involved. In my opinion, if it's not breaking the PG-13 erotic content rule and everyone involved understands that it is a satire and not meant as a political opinion, it should be fine, there are plenty of political roleplays present already and they don't seem to be having a problem. I, however, default to the position of @Musician and any other admin with input on this specific instance. 

....I wasn't trying to recruit for a roleplay. I was asking, since we are banned from talking about politics, if it was 1) Okay to do a real-person roleplay involving politicians and political satire and 2) Is it okay to do a fake-person political satire roleplay if number 1 is not allowed? I know we're not allowed to talk about politics on here per the new rule so I wanted to ask and, you know, not get in trouble for it later.

To my understanding, the following system is what the software came with, so we use it.

This.

....I wasn't trying to recruit for a roleplay. I was asking, since we are banned from talking about politics, if it was 1) Okay to do a real-person roleplay involving politicians and political satire and 2) Is it okay to do a fake-person political satire roleplay if number 1 is not allowed? I know we're not allowed to talk about politics on here per the new rule so I wanted to ask and, you know, not get in trouble for it later.

The ban on political discussion was a temporary thing, meant to keep people from starting drama while emotions were running high.  It's not a formal part of the rules, nor are we currently enforcing the ban.  HOWEVER, note that intentionally trolling or starting political drama is still against the rules.

With that in mind, doing an RP based on real politicians and political situations can be iffy.  It all depends on how it's handled and whether drama, harassment, or any other rule-breaking behavior turns up.  An RP based on fake people would probably be safer.

Alright! I'll just do that! That sounds fun anyway! Thank you for your help! Merry Christmas and happy holidays!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back