• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Four strings of fate intertwined for a lifetime

Grumbling in annoyance, Raistlin eyed the train he was suppose to be boarding. Suddenly, the air was being squeezed from him.

"Oh for- Caramon, I can't breathe!" As soon as his larger twin got him, he was trying to escape. He was rescued by another voice though. Sharp as a whip.

"Hey! This is a train station! Quit roughin' around!" Raistlin was immediately released, taking in large lung fulls of air. The voice belonged to their elder half sister. The one who was left dropping him off, now that she had her license. Their father was off at work, but she didn't seem to mind. Caramon had dragged his feet all morning, but alas, here he was.

"Are you sure that train is safe, Raist? I don't see how it's good that we have to come thru a wall-"

"Enough out of you!" Raistlin pinched his twin to cut him off, looking around and hoping none of his peers heard his brother's doubt. He didn't understand. As much love his brother might have in his heart, explaining magic to his brother was like talking to a brick wall. It was good Caramon made friends everywhere he went- else Raistlin might worry about his missing brain.

"Don't be rude, little brother." Their sister reached them, scowling at the larger of the two before turning her attention to the smaller. "Your stuffs all checked in. All you have to worry about is that." She gestured to his carryon bag- it had his school books. "Try not to do anything I wouldn't, eh, Raist?" She gave him a crooked grin, punching him not so lightly in the shoulder.

Scowling, and rubbing the sore spot, "I'll do my best to stay out of trouble. Can I go now?" He hoped someone managed to save a compartment for the ride. Getting away from his family was taking longer than he would have liked. After being stuck with only letters. He was eager to see everyone again. He didn't have friends back at home.

"Excuse me? After everything I've don't for you, you think you can just run off?" Usually, she'd just demand a hug. Which he was prepared for. What happened, was that he found himself being strong armed into her elbow. It would have been embarrassing just at home, but in public, with classmates new and older all around him, it was so much worse. Especially when he felt her knuckles agaisnt his scalp. The shock made him cry out as he tried to wiggle and fight out of her grasp. "Kit- stop!" He briefly wondered of he could get away with magic- but decided that any court wouldn't likely accept avoiding sibling mischief as a food enough claim to self defense. She was strong, as she had to be to be able to wrestle with their brother. But Raistlin was nimble enough to twist himself out. Of looks could kill, Kitiara would have been a pile of ash. Though, the bright red hue he'd taken didn't make it look very convincing. "I hate you." He grumbled, grabbing up his bag that had fallen in the slight tussle.

Kitiara gave him a crooked grin with a laugh. "Have a food year, baby brother!" She teased. Unlike their brother, Kit was not as patient. As soon as she saw Raistlin disappear inside, she did him the favor of quietly leaving. Or, at least as quietly as she could with Caramon whining about wanting to stay until the train was gone.

Inside, Raistlin took a deep breath. Doing his best to smooth his hair as he began to quickly look thru for his friends. He didn't have to look long before a bird made of paper practically dive bombed him. He snatched it out of the air. He recognized Penny's work immediately, the pale blue paper was a dead giveaway too. Unfolding the note, he read the message. He felt his face go warm all over again.

Love the love, mister. We are in car 2, halfway down.

There was no signature, but ge didn't need one. Bracing himself for the inevitable teasing (and, strangley enough, looking forward to it) he crossed thru the train, finding them right where the note said. The Hogwarts Express was the same as it always had been, warm and inviting and overly loud with rowdy kids of all years running around and pushing into each other. It was a welcome relief to reach the compartment and close all the noise out. It took all but a second for Penny to jump up and great him with a hug. One that he'd just grown to accept. She was a hugger, and she didn't take no for an answer. So far, it was just the two of them. After her enthusiastic greeting, she helped him get his book bag up, and they sat down across from each other. Penny was a talker, and quickly launched into a story of her summer and how she was trying to convince her family to let her take her friends on vacation next year. Something that Raistlin couldn't help but to be excited by though of. After school, the normalcy of home felt rather boring.

Avelina rolled her eyes as her mother fixed her hair again. “ You need to look good to represent our family. Remember, when you board that train, every action comes back to our family name.” Her mother told her daughter. It was the same lecture every September 1st. Being a Flint was just being told to stay still and behave right. Every year, it pissed her off more and more. Why was a reputation so important?

Marcus rolled his eyes, “Don’t waste your time on her mom.” He stood over both his parents and little sister. He was a boulder with strong shoulders and a wide torso.

Mrs.Flint reached up and pinched his cheek. “Don’t be so negative! I better not get any letters from your headmaster about your behavior-“ She paused when she saw a dark haired boy with a scar. She knew immediately who it was. “Harry Potter is here.” She quickly said goodbye to her kids before going back to the car to leave.

Avelina was still in the dark about her parents past. Something that would eventually come to haunt her. She dragged her trunk onto the train and check it before taking the bow out of her hair. She already felt overdressed in her black skirt and plaid sweater compared to most kids in jeans and T-shirts.

She held her leather satchel close to her body as she made her way through the train. She was excited to see her friends. All summer she was stuck in tutoring and language lessons. She hardly could write to anyone because her parents disapproved of her main friend group. Avelina hated her parents beliefs, she couldn’t understand how you could hate your own kind. For centuries they had been killed by the muggles, they should come together to help each other, not fight.

“Alder!” She said loudly when she saw one of her friends. The boy had curly brown hair and had grown over the summer. He now stood at 6’0 and had the build of a bean pole. He smiled back at her.

“Hey, Lina.” He took a bite out of a protein as she caught up with him. With food in his mouth he told her, “They are in car 2. Turn around.” He chuckled as he showed the short girl the note from their friend penny.

In car 2, you giant.”

Lina nodded and lead the boy to the second car. She checked each compartment before she finally found the right one.

“Hello!” She slid in next to Raistlin as Alder sat next to Penny. “I have missed you so much!” She hugged each person in the compartment before sitting down.

Her Maine coon, Jezabel peeked her head out of the bag. It was charmed to be much more spacious than it appeared. Avelina picked up Jezabel and held her close as Penny filled her and Alder in on her summer and plans for next summer. Her parents would never let her vacation with Penny and let alone two guys. They had already arranged for her hand in marriage basically. They were very old fashioned.

“Well my summer wasn’t half as fun. I had to study Latin and review the past two years of lessons. I also had to learn how to paint. I need get to stay a week with my aunt in Prauge. That was quite fun. I got to flirt with someone for the first time.” Lina talked about her summer next. Penny giggled when she mentioned flirting. The two girls were obsessed with boys and such as any teenage girl.

“How was your summer Raist?” She smiled sweetly at the boy next to her.

Raistlin listened to Penny talk, and boy could she talk. But it was a pleasant chatter. He heard the train blow its horn, telling everyone not already on board to get on. He glanced toward Alder, rolling his eyes dramatically and earning a quiet chuckle as the girls of the group giggled about flirting. Raistlin, himself, didn't think he had much luck when it came to coupling up with anyone. Granted, he had yet to actively try- far more focused on trying to get the highest grades he could- and in Ravenclaw there was a real competition to get the highest scores.

"The same as usual. I didn't really leave the house all that much." He shrugged, though his family actually lived in a condo, he wasn't sure if they would know what that was. He'd never really explained the close quarters living with other families just on the other side of the wall. With no magic to make things quiet or increase space. He imagined that some might not be very impressed. Fron what they'd said, they all had homes with land where they could go sit under a tree or wander the woods. He had a blistering hot rooftop he could climb onto if he needed to be alone. "My brother got stuck with summer school, though. He wants to play football but his grades aren't good enough. It's, uh, a muggle sport." He didn't really know a lot of the sports talk. He knew more about Qidditch than anything else, and that was mostly because Penny was a hard-core fan and Avelina was a commentor. Between the two of them, he knew most the inns and outs of the sport. He looked over at Penny. "Are you going to try out for the team this year?"

"Oh, you would love to laugh at me wouldn't you? You know I'm a hopeless flyer. Not as bad as you, but still bad." Raistlin scoffed, but it was true. Flying did not come naturally. He had virtually no trust in a broom to not let him fall, which made getting off the ground extremely difficult for him. Between the 3 of them giving advice and help, he managed to pass the class. But after that first required year he avoided any flying classes completely.

Lina smiled as her friends shared their summers. She knew Raist probably thought his summer was boring but she longed for a simple summer to waste away. Maybe next year. Alder joined in the conversation about quidditch, “I have been practicing all summer to play seeker. I really wanna follow in my dad’s legacy.” He hadn’t been interested in quddtich but last year he really got involved with it. Growing up was about changes and his love of quddtich was definitely a change from his childhood.

“That’s great, the team will love you. I’ll love commenting on your moves. What else did you do this summer?”” Avelina smiled and put Jezabel between her and Raist. She was so glad to be back with her friends. They were more like her family than anyone else.

Alder smirked, “I trained and I stole a bunch of stuff for gas stations by my house. I hung out with these older boys who showed me the best places to hide when the bullies try to hit me.” He was great at sneaking around. He had always been a great hider. “I also volunteered at the animal shelter. I adopted this guy.” He pulled a small lizard from his coat pocket. It was a chameleon. “I named him Hermes after the god.”

“How cute!” She smiled. As the conversation began to drift onto random topics, she brought up Harry Potter. “Harry Potter is a first year, saw him with my own two eyes. My mom was really spooked by seeing him.” She spoke up after being quiet when her friends discussed some muggle thing. She was clueless about most muggle things.

“The boy who lived,” Penny said excitedly. “He’s really on the train, how wicked. I heard he has a scar from where he who mustn’t be named tried to kill him.” The other girl perked up.

“I know, I saw it in person. It’s crazy he survived the killing curse. My brother used to say the media lied about the killing curse, but I know he was lying.” She chuckled. In many other compartments, rumors and whispers about the boy who lived were being exchanged. Almost all the students parents had been affected by the war or involved unless they were muggleborns.

Raistlin lightly offered his fingers to the feline, letting her have a chance to sniff him before scratching her between her ears. It had been a while, and he didn't want to scare her. But it seemed he didn't have to worry about that as she let him pet her. "Oh, great. Now I'm alone in the anti-sports party." He said sarcasticly, earning a good natured smirk.

It was soon his turn to be the clueless one. As the others began to discuss Harry Potter- a name Raistlin could not place for the life of him. "Wait, hold on. Not to sound uneducated, but- who?"

"Oh, I forget your family wouldn't know." Penny looked at him, "you remember when we went over the Wizarding war in Mr. Binns?" He nodded, "Harry Potter is the only one known to have survived the killing curse."

Raistlin scowled, "how?" he looked at the other two, "that's not actually possible, is it? I mean, it's a forbidden curse for a reason. What could protect a person from something like that?"

Avelina almost laughed at his lack of knowledge about Harry Potter. It baffled her, how the muggles were so oblivious to everything around them. Did no one think about how did a house blow up and the couple dies but the baby disappears? Was there no one who even looked into all the strange and mysterious things that happened throughout history.

“Harry Potter has a scar supposedly to prove it. I think the curse missed him and the scar is from wreck of the house from the killing curse.” Avelina stated her opinion on the matter. Her parents had indoctrinated their views and lies onto her. So young yet so manipulated.

Alder hit her lightly, “This is a serious subject. Don’t go around spreading rumors. My parents knew the potters, their best friend betrayed them. Your cousin if I remember correctly.” He sassed at Avelina who blushed in embarrassment. “It’s a tragic thing to think about. They were getting ready for bed and kissing their son goodnight one moment and the next the potters are dead. I feel so bad for Harry.”

“Sirius black is only my cousin through marriage and he’s like four times removed.” She said in defense. “Do you think he remembers it?” Avelina whispered. “He was young but do you think he did?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back