• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Forget Me So Discussion

I'm still thinking of a template, and I want to say no to being restricted to just humans. But, I don't want to throw open the doors to all humanoids. I'll say humans and elves for now, and we can discuss other species as they come and go.

Berrychan Berrychan

I believe playing a creature with strong elemental ties is fine. Although, I would like to discuss more about their abilities and other things later on.

Awesome. I wanted to play someone with fire abilites so I thought a nymph would work well since they are tied to an element.

Like having a high resistance to fire, low resistance to ice, and when having a fire rune or tome the effects are strongly enhanced?

High resistance to fire, low resistance to any forms of water and instead I was thinking they would have runes etched into their skin like tattoos giving them quicker acess to their abilities.

Hmmm, I'm thinking the blacksmith or assistant blacksmith that helps smelt ore and start fires.

The Hero The Hero Since magic is old, and many people don't know how to use it, it's plausible to assume it's been collected somewhere, right? I was wondering if I could incorporate this 'location' into my character, which provides access to magic for the others and could be a event point later into the story.

And if you don't like that idea, i'm always willing to smelt some steel or wield a pike.

Anyone can use a rune or tome. Their effectiveness depends on the inherent skills and affinity of the person using it. I'd say they're uncommon and are rather dangerous since not many know what it will do once activated. I would say in terms of translation, the educated have at least figured if the magic will be of fire, ice, water, etc. But, they don't know if it'll be something like a match or a giant explosion.

Well, magic comes in all types of formats, including items embedded with it. I was not only thinking of runes and tomes, but things like magical hammers, weapons embued with elements, scrying orbs, and any other manner of magical items that would be considered plausible. There could also be summoning scrolls used for summoning fairies for healing, or golems for protection. Instead of thinking of it as a library in a literature based sense, it would be a library of magic of both physical and transcribed nature.

I think I'll reserve summoning magic for the higher tier beings. Elemental weapons are a possibility, but they probably won't be too strong and more of a utility thing. Perhaps not scrying orbs, but communication orbs are a possibility. I want to try and keep magic untameable and threatening like a wild stallion. It's unpredictable, awe-inspiring, fluctuating and flowing like the rapids. Beings have tried to control it before, and they were lost to the times. Creatures with a strong affinity towards one element will have slightly better chances at manipulating that type of magic, but it's limited.

I understand completely. I guess I better shape my hands to better fit a hammer, or maybe train a little so that i'm well prepared to defend the village. See you countryside.

I'm thinking of having a forget me so part of the character template like the reason why someone wants to be forgotten. i.e. Forget me so there can be peace. Forget me so my debt is cleared. Forget me so I can be free.

Would the character have to completely abandon their former life, or just those events they wish to forget? For example; They're seeking shelter for being a thief in their hometown, could they still talk abour where they came from? Just leaving out their problems?

I want their to be some repercussions for settling in the village like you can't just leave and return to your old life whenever you want. So, I'll say that they can talk about their previous lives, but I'll have to implement a system that would make people outside of the village forget about them. Maybe a book that the user has to write their name in, and depending on how well known they were in their previous lives determines how effective it is. Like if you're a prince, your face may just appear fuzzy in others memories while a lowly criminal would have complete memories wiped out about them.

Hm... there's a little bit of lore in Pathfinders talking about the Wall of Lethe, which is basically a wall that grants you any wish you want, with the price of everyone forgetting that you existed- even yourself. Therefore, the people who get their wishes are then amnesiacs.

Now, I'm not saying let's do something like that exactly, but I hope I gave some ideas.

I always wonder what would happen if you wish for something specifically to counteract the condition. If I wish to be immune against amnesia for example. Would the wish go through? Or not, since the condition to get the wish isn't met. Maybe it's only everybody else who forgets you, granting you a clean slate while still remembering who you are/were.

I'll play the mayor, and I'll probably make someone androgynous who is always changing their backstory. One day, they'll be a knight saving a princess or a baker who accidentally choked someone with their goods. One day, they'll be a girl and another a boy.

Change their backstory as in that's what they claim they've done, so lying? Or do you actually mean you'll change their backstory whenever. I hope the former, because the latter is going to be disruptive to narrative ^^"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back