• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ~ Forever Young: A Youth Club RP | OOC ~

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
animeloulou animeloulou i have a question. My character's location should be around Luke's group or with other people? I'm a little confused where exactly.

Welcome Macaberz Macaberz to the OOC chat~! :)

So, this RP is heavily inspired by Byker Grove, but apart from borrowing the main setting of the show, and one of the characters (because he's awesome :P), all other characters and storylines are entirely original. You don't need any prior knowledge of the show to participate in the RP :)

Glad to hear it. I'm caught up on the OOC as well now and I should be able to have a character sheet up later today.

In the meantime, a few questions:
1.I've got a few ideas about the parents/family of the character I have in mind and would like to make add a small blurb for each on the character sheet. Would that be OK? To what degree can family play a role in the RP? I think the family members I have in mind could easily result in some (future) plot points, but I don't mean to impose them on the story too much.
2. Would it be OK if the character I create is from a different city and only recently moved in? I imagine it won't be an issue, but I figured I should ask just to be sure.
3. In general I had a bunch of (potential) plot ideas that I'd be happy to share with you if you'd like to hear them? I'm asking because I'm not entirely sure if you do want this RP to have some kind of overarching plot or if it's more of a sandbox (or something in between?).
4. I think I read in one of the threads (maybe this one, maybe the interest check, not sure, can't find it anymore) that you were looking to fill spots toward the lower end of the age range, is that correct?
5. In addition to the above, are you intending to balance the genders? I'm better (and somewhat more comfortable) writing males, but if in a pinch I could switch to a female.

Thanks!

Glad to hear it. I'm caught up on the OOC as well now and I should be able to have a character sheet up later today.

In the meantime, a few questions:
1.I've got a few ideas about the parents/family of the character I have in mind and would like to make add a small blurb for each on the character sheet. Would that be OK? To what degree can family play a role in the RP? I think the family members I have in mind could easily result in some (future) plot points, but I don't mean to impose them on the story too much.
2. Would it be OK if the character I create is from a different city and only recently moved in? I imagine it won't be an issue, but I figured I should ask just to be sure.
3. In general I had a bunch of (potential) plot ideas that I'd be happy to share with you if you'd like to hear them? I'm asking because I'm not entirely sure if you do want this RP to have some kind of overarching plot or if it's more of a sandbox (or something in between?).
4. I think I read in one of the threads (maybe this one, maybe the interest check, not sure, can't find it anymore) that you were looking to fill spots toward the lower end of the age range, is that correct?
5. In addition to the above, are you intending to balance the genders? I'm better (and somewhat more comfortable) writing males, but if in a pinch I could switch to a female.

Thanks!

Loving all the questions~! <3

1. The teens' parents/family can definitely be added to the character sheet if you want to <3 I highly encourage plot points regarding the parents/family of the teens if it results in us getting to know the teen better and/or character development. Our parents/family often shape who we are, for better and for worse.
  2. Writing for a teen who has recently moved to the area is perfectly okay - the starter storyline that I have created (having a welcome party at the Grove for new members) caters for new teens :)
  3. For now, I am hoping to have events and storylines happening during the RP to keep everyone on the same page, but individual character plot points are encouraged too. I would love to hear your suggestions too, can't guarantee that they'll make the cut right now, but who knows, they might end up happening in the future~ :) Send me a PM and we can chat about it there :)
  4. Ideally, I would love to have an RP that deals with various plot points ranging from the younger to the older range of the 12-18 age bracket as different problems/issues are important at different ages and it's nice to have a spread of ages. However, don't feel like you have to make a younger character, it's more that I will try not to have an RP where all the characters are 17/18.
  5. Feel free to create a male character. Like the previous point, I'm ideally hoping to create a gender balanced RP, but any problems will be fixed with NPCs until such a time as demand makes more female characters :)
Hope that all makes sense, let me know if it doesn't :P

macchiato_line macchiato_line heh, I just saw your character sheet after I'd typed out a draft of my own and funnily enough there's quite some common ground between them. This should be interesting...

Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin Maybe our characters already know each other? They could potentially be in the same class because they're a similar age and I noticed Ryan does sports as well (though Jacob [name pending] plays football and doesn't box). I should probably just put my sheet up first, but if you're interested in setting up a connection between our characters, I'm all ears. That goes for anyone really :)

... back to the sheet!

Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin Maybe our characters already know each other? They could potentially be in the same class because they're a similar age and I noticed Ryan does sports as well (though Jacob [name pending] plays football and doesn't box). I should probably just put my sheet up first, but if you're interested in setting up a connection between our characters, I'm all ears. That goes for anyone really :)

... back to the sheet!

Sounds good, most of the training for boxing is just repetitive cardio and strength training so there's a good chance that they'd run into each other a few times at the very least

Phew, first post is up. I'm really looking forward to write and interact with everyone's characters! Please be gentle with the new guy!

animeloulou animeloulou Yeah, do I just post a character sheet and jump in whenever? Really looking forward to this RP!

Glad to hear! <3 You can post your character sheet in the characters thread, using the template provided :) Once you've done that, I'll add you to the posting order, and once you've read the rules and posting order on the main RP page, you can write your first post once the other RPers have written their posts :)

Realistic or Modern - ~ Forever Young: A Youth Club RP | Characters ~

Realistic or Modern - ~ Forever Young: A Youth Club RP | IC ~ (Open)

All important links can be accessed at the top of every page (main RP, OOC, characters, storylines, and locations (the 'other' link) )

Glad to hear! <3 You can post your character sheet in the characters thread, using the template provided :) Once you've done that, I'll add you to the posting order, and once you've read the rules and posting order on the main RP page, you can write your first post once the other RPers have written their posts :)

Realistic or Modern - ~ Forever Young: A Youth Club RP | Characters ~

Realistic or Modern - ~ Forever Young: A Youth Club RP | IC ~ (Open)

All important links can be accessed at the top of every page (main RP, OOC, characters, storylines, and locations (the 'other' link)
Sounds good! It's getting late where I'm at, so I'll post my character sheet tomorrow morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back