• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings For all your STEAMPUNK needs

MechanicalSnake

Like the Moon, part of him was always hidden away.
Airships, submarines, steam engines, amazing machines, octopi, Victorian England, clocks and gears, automatons, mystery, weird science, adventure, mechanical animals, alternative history and a pinch of punk. Sounds good to you? Great, because I absolutely love steampunk and haven't been able to find anyone to roleplay it with. While I do write short stories in the genre, I long for some actual interaction, since like this it's somewhat lonely.

WHAT KIND OF RP AM I LOOKING FOR?

That is upon us to decide. The amazing thing about steampunk is the variety; creativity can in so many ways! But I can tell you which settings or characters I like and dislike, just to give you a few general ideas.

7eb7e36eeddb211da3fadebc0695c514--steampunk-drawing-steampunk-artwork.jpg

- I like steampunk with mystery plots, where the characters are working as secret agents of the Queen/private detectives/in some kind of faction/for someone powerful (depending on the nature of the plot).
- But I also like to play airship pirates!
- My greatest passion, however, are slightly twisted scientists, which I enjoy in any setting, be it on the queen's court, in prison or in their own underwater city.
- Victorian asylums with all their horrors also make a good starting point.
- Romance is welcome, as long as it isn't forced. However, I do have to admit I am very much into M/M and click with very few female characters. (It is not impossible though, I have a grat F/M roleplay right now! Just stating a preference. I WILL TRY MY BEST if this is important for you.)
- No romance is also fine, if we focus on plot and other character developement.
- Victorian England is a great setting, but I would also greatly enjoy westernpunk or an Asian variation on steampunk
- Magical elements are fine, as long as the story doesn't turn into full blown fantasy. Local folk legends, magical artefacts from Egypt/India/colonies, demons - yes, sure!
- Incorporating some history knowledge and twisting it according to one's will is always interesting.
- I don't enjoy keeping the plot entirely focused on uptight Victorian high society (pls no Jane Austen). The slums, underground or even just regular townsfolk make a great contract and a more challenging field to play.
- I am somewhat undecided regarding time travel; it can be interesting but might turn into a parody.

WHAT I ASK OF YOU?

- Please, be at least 20 years old
- You should be able to contribute to the plot and write at least a paragraph, but preferably multiple paragraphs per reply.
- Have at least a tiny idea about the genre

BONUS IF:
- You are creative and love to come up with plot ideas, but also give me a chance to bring in mine.
- You put a lot of thought into writing, but find time for semi regular posts without stalling for a week.
- You communicate issues and let me know if you want to drop out or if you are just leaving for a vacation, so I don't have to guess which it is when I don't see you around.

Steampunk+For+Kids+London.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, I love me some steampunk, I'd love to work something out with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back