• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Focused or Distorted, you are Awakened

ninbinz

Master of Malign Maladies
It is the year 2030ra (renascentiam aetas or rebirth age). in 2018 the political tensions between Israel, Iran, North Korea and the worlds largest powers escalated to the point of nuclear war. Mankind would have been brought to the brink of extinction had there not been a fail-safe created millennia ago. Moments before the first impact the fail-safe triggered and released a wave of energy altering the fabric of reality, returning the world to its intended order. Magic was returned. Governments around the world were baffled by what happened, no one could understand or figure out what the energy was. The war had been put to a stop in light of this odd occurrence and the world powers turned their attentions towards finding the source of the strange energy.

This is Middlebury Vermont with a population of approximately 8,500 people and scientists have reason to believe that it is one of six sources of magic around the world.

Middlebury_VT_-_downtown.JPG

-------------------------------------------------------------

So, this rp will take place in Middlebury Vermont, you will be one of the newly 'Awakened'. You will possess the power of magic, magic manifests in many different ways but for the sake of this roleplay I have sorted these types into two categories:

The Focused:

This category includes people who have one or two specific magical abilities (akin to the traditional superheroes), this type of magic user is the most common.

The Distorted:

This category is for those few who are like the great sorcerers of old, capable of anything, for a price. This is so rare only one in a thousand magic users might receive this ability.

Every magic user receives their power from an object of importance as magic in this reality is governed by emotion.

The Focused are able to use their abilities at whim, however each Focused has a finite well of magic that refills over time (I'll figure out the mechanics later)

The Distorted are also bound to an item. Their magic depending on intensity or power will require a sacrifice, a small piece of your item. Small spells or the like are free of cost. (another mechanic I will sort out later)

Should any magically charged item be destroyed then the user will lose the ability to cast magic, Should a Distorted sacrifice their entire item then of course they too will lose their ability to cast magic.

------------------------------------------

Of course this is but an interest check, but I would expect a minimum of 3-4 paragraphs per post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back