• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Flight of Fancy |Roleplay|

LucidHowl

Lucid
Another boring day, trapped behind these walls in this so-called 'safe haven'. The days passed by rather slowly, usually without so much as even the tiniest bit of trouble. People were enjoying themselves too much to really cause trouble here.. And anyway the city guards would be all over them in no time. People always wondered why he had no interest in this life, but it should be pretty obvious why.

Things were dull in this city of "Eden", as they called it. Everything was a schedule in this life and there was never any straying from it unless you wanted to be cast out of society.. Well not physically, socially more like.

A young man stood above on the rooftop of very nearly one of the tallest buildings in the city, resting against a brick wall that acted as the railing. He looked down on the city and out at the 'wall'. It was a huge, magical barrier; made to look more like the sky and a beautiful landscape, but really it was an illusion cast by highly skilled sorcerers forced to work for the city.

He glanced back, boredom written all over his face and gleaming in his eyes, seeing that two of his father's personal guards were still sitting inside of the greenhouse they had on the roof of this building. They were talking and playing a game of cards, but he didn't hear what they were saying.

Finally, with a small sigh, he pushed himself to his feet and began walking back towards the door. "I'm going inside." He informed them as he passed by them, not even stopping. He didn't tell them that he was heading out. "Yeah, go on ahead." Was all one of them said. They kept playing their game and that was fine with him. That even meant he didn't have to lie. All he really had to do was sneak out of the building.

Back inside, he started to warm up after having sat at a high altitude and during the fall no less... Well he wasn't sure if it was fall. Since their barrier was a mere projection to fool the masses, the seasons here could even be entirely unlike what it was beyond the city.

He passed by cubicles and little offices entrapped in glass panes and sometimes obscured with blinds. The sounds of paper scattering, voices, and ringing phones was mere white noise. He weaved his way towards the elevator, passing by the occasional man or woman dressed in the company uniforms either carrying paper or coffee mugs among many other things. He didn't even know why he'd let his father talk him into coming here.. He was always trying to make him find some interest in the business, but if it meant having to stay here and work for Vince of all people there was no way.

"Oh, Nico!" Nico looked back and saw someone running towards him. Seemingly one of the many people that worked for his father. This man had snapped him from his thoughts almost immediately. "Mr.Faulkner sent me after you! He needs you to go get Walker." Quinn Walker? "And you can't just call him?". "You know how he is though. He might have decided he's too busy to pick it up.. Anyway, he's supposed to get here for an impromptu board meeting really soon, just go fetch him already!"

Nico snorted. "Yeah.. Sure.." He turned and kept going, rolling his eyes as soon as he turned his back on the man. That guy was always so.. Bossy. Nico could see how he'd ended up with a higher rank than the rest of the people in those cubicles and such. He really didn't want to deal with Quinn though. There was no use griping about it though.

Eventually he managed to get out of that place, glad to be back outside. He was almost certain that Quinn normally had a phone in his lab or his office or wherever he would be at.

(Alright, I wasn't entirely sure how to start this, but hopefully you guys can manage to make a response from this lol. If not, I am willing to add anything to my post.)

Flight of Fancy |Character Sheets|
Flight of Fancy |OOC|

I Am Omega I Am Omega Dragon Slayer Arcos Dragon Slayer Arcos Cheesemick Cheesemick

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back