• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Flight of Fancy |OOC|

LucidHowl

Lucid
Malachitea Malachitea Cheesemick Cheesemick Dragon Slayer Arcos Dragon Slayer Arcos I Am Omega I Am Omega

I couldn't think of a decent name, but it can be changed later lol. Anyway, I guess we could all list out a few ideas if any of us happen to have any. Then we could decide on which ones we like the best.
  • For my first idea, we could focus more so on people that have higher ranks like royals, nobles, military officers etc and it would be sort of like a nation building rp more than likely. We could choose to only focus on one nation or have a few others. I was thinking it'd deal with a corrupted government, wars and other things. It'd probably have a lot of drama and I'm not sure how much adventuring this one would have if it had any at all.
  • Or we could play as a group of adventurers. We could have a range of characters and how they met could be for various reasons. This one could be a lot more free roam and it would probably give us a little more room to do more than what the first one would. We could have them go on quests but there could also be larger plots we could build up to in the process so it wouldn't be just them running around fighting stuff all the time.
These are pretty basic ideas, but if you like it you can add something to it or if you don't like any of them, feel free to come up with a different idea.

Also we should probably go ahead and mention what our time zones are. Here's mine.
Eastern Time Zone UTC-05:00

Links
Flight of Fancy |Character Sheets|
Flight of Fancy |Roleplay|

Last edited:
Malachitea Malachitea Cheesemick Cheesemick Dragon Slayer Arcos Dragon Slayer Arcos I Am Omega I Am Omega

I couldn't think of a decent name, but it can be changed later lol. Anyway, I guess we could all list out a few ideas if any of us happen to have any. Then we could decide on which ones we like the best.
  • For my first idea, we could focus more so on people that have higher ranks like royals, nobles, military officers etc and it would be sort of like a nation building rp more than likely. We could choose to only focus on one nation or have a few others. I was thinking it'd deal with a corrupted government, wars and other things. It'd probably have a lot of drama and I'm not sure how much adventuring this one would have if it had any at all.
  • Or we could play as a group of adventurers. We could have a range of characters and how they met could be for various reasons. This one could be a lot more free roam and it would probably give us a little more room to do more than what the first one would. We could have them go on quests but there could also be larger plots we could build up to in the process so it wouldn't be just them running around fighting stuff all the time.
These are pretty basic ideas, but if you like it you can add something to it or if you don't like any of them, feel free to come up with a different idea.

Also we should probably go ahead and mention what our time zones are. Here's mine.
Eastern Time Zone UTC-05:00

I like both ideas on the matter of plots I can easily play in either setting I do have an idea but it'll take awhile to type out

My time zone being central time UTC 6:00

I like both ideas on the matter of plots I can easily play in either setting I do have an idea but it'll take awhile to type out

My time zone being central time UTC 6:00

Well here we go.

'Corruption....
It's the emphasis of all things that corrupts the good and fuels the evil. Many are consumed by it while others try to escape from it. Some resist it.

Regardless of how someone tries to destroy it, tries to banish it's existence, it still remains. It can never be truly obliterated despite all one's efforts. Either you let it consume you, or you let it haunt you because of how much you resist it's embrace. Even if that means you must face it alone compared to the entire world that chooses it's comfort.

This world is a harsh example of that.....

The cities of this world live in the glory of it's technology and the stench of their comforts despite it's corruptive addictions. Many people trying to resist but soon falling into the arms of this beautiful lie of a perfect fantasy. The drug, 'Serenity' making things even far worse, the true depiction of corruption. People consuming it on a daily basis to deepen their naive visions of the world growing into a more blissful fantasy for their happiness and joy at the expense of others.

Even the corporations dictate how these cities and the world will grow or evolve, also blinded by their own desires to twist the world into their beautiful fantasy. And nobody fights or cares, simple taking it in the a** like the indoctrinated husks they are.

Very few escape the cities that grow worse each year. Very few leave to the true fantasy of the world. A place where corruption does not control anything or anyone.

Most mythical beasts prefer it compared to the city life, but some do find their comforts in the dark too. Just like the few humans who wish to live outside the cities and breath the true realities of life.

I, myself, prefer the world outside of these cities. The suffocation barely leaves your throat room to even gasp a sound that you are choking. The world outside letting you breath more than you expected that you might even find the change difficult to adjust. You may find that sweet suffocation to be sensual. A beautiful lullaby.

But that lullaby is not the bliss it makes itself to be. Remember that when you delve yourself into this world. Be wary of the fantasies that linger to consume you and the ones that are harsh realities. Don't allow the lies to be a pitiful bliss of escape, lest you too will become the expense for someone else's fantasies or subject one to a horrible fate.

Remember, not all is what it seems, little ones'.

This was a collaboration I did with one of my former partners. This world has the aspects of fantasy, a little bit of darkness, and is quite a free roam.

Well here we go.

'Corruption....
It's the emphasis of all things that corrupts the good and fuels the evil. Many are consumed by it while others try to escape from it. Some resist it.

Regardless of how someone tries to destroy it, tries to banish it's existence, it still remains. It can never be truly obliterated despite all one's efforts. Either you let it consume you, or you let it haunt you because of how much you resist it's embrace. Even if that means you must face it alone compared to the entire world that chooses it's comfort.

This world is a harsh example of that.....

The cities of this world live in the glory of it's technology and the stench of their comforts despite it's corruptive addictions. Many people trying to resist but soon falling into the arms of this beautiful lie of a perfect fantasy. The drug, 'Serenity' making things even far worse, the true depiction of corruption. People consuming it on a daily basis to deepen their naive visions of the world growing into a more blissful fantasy for their happiness and joy at the expense of others.

Even the corporations dictate how these cities and the world will grow or evolve, also blinded by their own desires to twist the world into their beautiful fantasy. And nobody fights or cares, simple taking it in the a** like the indoctrinated husks they are.

Very few escape the cities that grow worse each year. Very few leave to the true fantasy of the world. A place where corruption does not control anything or anyone.

Most mythical beasts prefer it compared to the city life, but some do find their comforts in the dark too. Just like the few humans who wish to live outside the cities and breath the true realities of life.

I, myself, prefer the world outside of these cities. The suffocation barely leaves your throat room to even gasp a sound that you are choking. The world outside letting you breath more than you expected that you might even find the change difficult to adjust. You may find that sweet suffocation to be sensual. A beautiful lullaby.

But that lullaby is not the bliss it makes itself to be. Remember that when you delve yourself into this world. Be wary of the fantasies that linger to consume you and the ones that are harsh realities. Don't allow the lies to be a pitiful bliss of escape, lest you too will become the expense for someone else's fantasies or subject one to a horrible fate.

Remember, not all is what it seems, little ones'.

This was a collaboration I did with one of my former partners. This world has the aspects of fantasy, a little bit of darkness, and is quite a free roam.

Whoa, this sounds pretty interesting actually. I wouldn't mind doing something like this, but we'll have to see what everyone else comes up with.

My idea was:

The world was oblivious to a danger that all faced. A race of monsters known as the Vorlox were already making their move against us. Soul-eating creatures of supernatural power, they seek to destroy all life in the universe and gather all life essence and recreate the universe in their image. The only ones that know of it are a select few given powerful items that reflects the soul and power of their owners, which they use to combat the Vorlox.

The ideas we have so far almost seem to coincide. We could probably just combine the ideas. With I Am Omega I Am Omega , their idea could be the reason no one knows about the Vorlox. The people at the top were originally trying to keep everyone safe from them but as the years went by corruption set in. There could be those who want to escape and those who have already, but I imagined there would be some kind of guards that keep people from getting in or out. There could be tiny civilizations and the occasional prosperous one outside of these cities. If we use the idea to play as adventurers, we could have them be people who just got out of the city and they're pretty much just starting out as adventurers. Their involvement in this could eventually gain traction and it could a. inspire others to leave the cities, b. anger the people in charge of these cities and they would begin to see them as a threat for inspiring others, c. cause the people outside to see them as heroes, or d. nothing really happens.

Also Cheesemick Cheesemick and Dragon Slayer Arcos Dragon Slayer Arcos what are your time zones?

The ideas we have so far almost seem to coincide. We could probably just combine the ideas. With I Am Omega I Am Omega , their idea could be the reason no one knows about the Vorlox. The people at the top were originally trying to keep everyone safe from them but as the years went by corruption set in. There could be those who want to escape and those who have already, but I imagined there would be some kind of guards that keep people from getting in or out. There could be tiny civilizations and the occasional prosperous one outside of these cities. If we use the idea to play as adventurers, we could have them be people who just got out of the city and they're pretty much just starting out as adventurers. Their involvement in this could eventually gain traction and it could a. inspire others to leave the cities, b. anger the people in charge of these cities and they would begin to see them as a threat for inspiring others, c. cause the people outside to see them as heroes, or d. nothing really happens.

Also Cheesemick Cheesemick and Dragon Slayer Arcos Dragon Slayer Arcos what are your time zones?
I do like that concept of the combination. It sounds like it would be a great adventure.

So does anyone else have any ideas or should we stick with the combination? We could work out a few details on the combination of ideas if we're all settled with it.

Alright, well we could use the combination of ideas. If none of you mind, I'll post the thread for the characters at some point today so we can go ahead and start making our characters.

LucidHowl LucidHowl Alright so theres this big city, and we all know each other? And where adventures? And the world is covered by monsters? Or are all in a military or something, sorry if it seems like I didn't read the other posts just a bit confused on where were starting XD I swear I read everything.

LucidHowl LucidHowl Alright so theres this big city, and we all know each other? And where adventures? And the world is covered by monsters? Or are all in a military or something, sorry if it seems like I didn't read the other posts just a bit confused on where were starting XD I swear I read everything.

Lol it's fine. I don't know if all of our characters would already know each other. I was thinking they would either meet up eventually in someway or maybe a few of them already know each other. They would become adventurers, but they could have started out from any rank. Some of them may already be adventurers though. The world is being taken over by monsters, but there would still be other small towns and such beyond these huge cities that have been built. You can have a character in the military if you want, but not everyone is going to be in it.

LucidHowl LucidHowl I'm thinking of going for a a bit of cliche, having my character use to be a criminal then joined the military. Maybe because the guy who was chasing him down for years finally got him and they become friends in all the panic over the years. Like a officer in the military whos a bit rouge but is kept because hes useful and tough. That sound alright? o.o

LucidHowl LucidHowl I'm thinking of going for a a bit of cliche, having my character use to be a criminal then joined the military. Maybe because the guy who was chasing him down for years finally got him and they become friends in all the panic over the years. Like a officer in the military whos a bit rouge but is kept because hes useful and tough. That sound alright? o.o
Sure, anything is allowed as long as it's possible within this universe.

What are power limits? Like what can we absolutely not do?
I haven't really thought of that, but now that you ask I feel as though our characters shouldn't be just overly powerful in general. Like we shouldn't have characters that have god-level abilities. I can understand having a powerful character as long as it's not every single one of your characters. Lets not forget that even powerful characters should have weaknesses. Any normal level people should probably have repercussions for trying something that's out of their range, but that's also not to say they can't get stronger. So I guess what I'm saying is the only real limit is don't make your character into a god unless the rp calls for a god-like being or whatever.

I haven't really thought of that, but now that you ask I feel as though our characters shouldn't be just overly powerful in general. Like we shouldn't have characters that have god-level abilities. I can understand having a powerful character as long as it's not every single one of your characters. Lets not forget that even powerful characters should have weaknesses. Any normal level people should probably have repercussions for trying something that's out of their range, but that's also not to say they can't get stronger. So I guess what I'm saying is the only real limit is don't make your character into a god unless the rp calls for a god-like being or whatever.
Welp I've got my character all nice and made. Sorry if I'm slow to respond I'm busy this week

Ill make my character today then. How do you feel about like other races? I want my guy to be half something I haven't though of yet since hes a urchin maybe noble or something exotic.

LucidHowl LucidHowl

Ill make my character today then. How do you feel about like other races? I want my guy to be half something I haven't though of yet since hes a urchin maybe noble or something exotic.

LucidHowl LucidHowl
It's alright. I mean, one of my characters isn't completely human and the other isn't human at all so you can have other races if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back