• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Flexible Romance-based RP Idea(s)

If interested, what writing level would you like for the thread to be?

• Casual

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Detailed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Aato

Social(ly-inept) Butterfly
Quite some time ago, I polled this idea for interest twice-- the first time it got a lot of success, the second time not so much. In any case, I've been wanting to get into some one-on-ones as of late, but I'm also willing to do a 1x1-concentrated group RP [where most of the focus is 1x1 with a possible interaction between other groups... it just allows a starting place to run with. Everyone will be welcome to mingle and couplings would shift and change...or not if that's how things go].

This is the summary of the RP premise:

"Tainted Love" - (This RP is characterized by multiple 2-4 person troubled love-type plot ideas. I tried to make sure most, if not all, were orientation versatile. Relationship types are as follows...)

• "Once I Ran to You, Now I’ll Run from You"
    Everything started out great like any other relationship but one slowly started to notice that the other was becoming more and more possessive. First it was just wanting to know where they were going, then it was telling them where they couldn’t go, who they couldn’t be around, and so on. One will have to decide if they can bear to try working out the problems or if they feel better walking away. [over-possessive X unwillingly leashed]
  • "The Love We Share Seems to Go Nowhere"
    Things begin to go wrong for this couple when one begins to steadily lose interest and the other has to convince them that the relationship is still worth keeping. [one who wants out X one holding it together]
  • "I Can’t Sleep At Night"

Similar to a story of Romeo and Juliet, the guardians/families of these two aren’t happy with their coupling, yet they can barely stand to be apart for too long. This couple has to either trust their gut feelings that this love is what they want, or part ways to maintain a trouble-free, peaceful relationship with their families.
    [Person 1 X Person 2]
  • "Take My Tears and That’s Not Nearly All"

This couple is always at each others throats. If it’s not one thing, it’s another. They find each other annoying and frustrating. Yet, they say it’s the little things that count and it’s those little things that keep them always coming back for more. Though short lived, the tender moments are well worth it. They’ve got a strange devotion to each other. They’re the true poster children for love/hate relationships. So the only question now is… How long will it take before someone decides enough is truly enough?
    [Person 1 X Person 2]
  • "I Cannot Stand The Way You Tease" [love square]

Person 2 now dates Person 3, and although Person 2 and Person 1 split some time ago and decided to stay friends, a little flame always remained between the two. This keeps Person 3 suspicious whenever the exes/old friends meet. Meanwhile, Person 4 has had their eye on Person 3 and been relentlessly coming onto them, though Person 3 has shown little interest. Will Person 2 and Person 3 keep it together? Or will they end up falling into the temptation of their others?
    [Person 1 ► Person 2 ♥ Person 3 ◄ Person 4]
  • "Touch-Me-Baby Tainted Love"

They say “desire creates havoc when it is the only thing between two people, or when it is what's missing.” This couple is the one responsible for everyone else’s discomfort – as guilty as charged for excessive PDA. It seems as though they’re always all over each other. However, when one begins to bring more emotion into the relationship than just the physical attraction that the other is in it for, the fate of the relationship comes into question… or, rather the question of: What is this?
    [lover X luster]

While I'm willing to do these as a 'group', I'm open to anyone wanting to pull me aside to do one of these scenarios truly one-on-one. For anyone interested in viewing the past thread, click here. [it's very possible for some of those rules/requirements to change in the case of a new RP.] Also, it'll be 'casual' or 'detailed' based on what those who are interested vote for [of course, these types of things will be worked out personally for an exclusive RP].

Well, that seems like it's it, so thanks, all! If you've got questions/comments/concerns, feel free to post or message me.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I'm not too sure which one I'd like to settle with yet, I have taken an interest with multiple ideas. I'd love to be included in some kind of a group RP for just about any of these! :>

Hmmm all are soi yummy... but I like the one "I can't Sleep At Night", "I cannot stand the way you tease", Touch me baby tainted love (1x1 pref)

The take my tears one as well :P

Im open to 1x1 as well but also group if needs be

Definitely interested in the "I Cannot Stand the Way You Tease" and "Touch-Me-Baby Tainted Love" scenarios! Open to both 1v1 and group, and I can do causal or detailed... Although I probably learn more to detailed as I always seem to just accidentally ramble on and on (:

Thank you for your responses, everyone! I'm taking everything you've said into account before taking my next course of action... which will probably be once the poll closes to give more time for opinions, interest, and even ideas.

This would be super interesting as a series. You could go down the list and have each idea be one part of an overarching plot, and when it's not time for the other plots, the characters from them can make cameos and interact with the main characters. When the first plot finishes, the main characters become cameo characters in the next plot!

Alrighty. I'm going to create the RP then tag everyone! I'll also post a link to the thread here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back