• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy FLESHSCAPE - THE BRAIN

ThaDruid

Killer Clown
Talk and converse between one another. Plan the tribe's next moves, share ideas for characters! In The Brain, everything is permitted, as long as it is Out of Character.

What's clearblood? And what stops people from eating the ground they stand on?
Clearblood is this world's version of water. The reason most tribes are nomadic is because they travel from one source of Clearblood to another.
The reason why the tribe can't just eat the ground is because not always the ground is made of meat. And even then, it could be rotting, infected, or too hard to be cut by their rudimentary bone tools.

What kind of names are we going to have? Should it be something like John, Ug, Slayer, what?

What kind of names are we going to have? Should it be something like John, Ug, Slayer, what?
Names can be whatever you want. The only restrictions are: nothing ridiculous and it has to sound vaguely tribal. And remember: this is a land made of flesh and bodily fluids. Names like "Urethro" or "Eyesocket" wouldn't be unheard of.

Here's a lil' list of names, if you want some reference: Adaman, Alvia, Ambrosia, Ammon, Bianca, Brathan, Cae, Cantho, Cressia, Darin, Eyre, Ganira, Glauco, Heles, Jora, Kime, Kuroa, Laio, Lyle, Misha, Nausicaa, Nume, Onoria, Orios, Phoe, Remo, Riak, Sevia, Synder, Thay, Torrke, Tryss, Valea, Xirri, Zode

Great. Also, would you mind if I just gave up my pack? I don't want any advantages from it, and I feel like the character I have in mind wouldn't keep anything.

Great. Also, would you mind if I just gave up my pack? I don't want any advantages from it, and I feel like the character I have in mind wouldn't keep anything.
Huh, sounds interesting. I'm all for it. Just know that mortality will be pretty high in this game. I may even give you a slight buff, since your character won't have to lug around anything.

And while we're at it, for everyone, here's a list of basic resources found throughout the Fleshlands, if you need inspiration for what your equipment may be composed of, or just to get a better idea of the world:
Bone Branches: Flexible branches coming from skeleton trees.
Clearblood: A milky white, tasteless liquid flowing from orifices in the fleshlands. This is what people usually drink.
Fire Larvae: When the body fluids of these large carnivorous maggots are shaken and exposed to air, they burn for about two hours. People use them to produce heat and cook food.
Glimmershard:
Fragment from the carapace of a glimmer beetle. Glows brightly when in contact with blood.
Hair Grass: Incredibly strong, used to craft ropes and sewing threads.
Life Amber: A yellowish sap that is sometimes found in the marrow of bone branches. It has healing and analgesic properties when mixed with clearblood and boiled.

Rolling for Moulder!
Your Moulder Oddity iiiiis....

Hollow: Something's wrong deep into your blood. It's not... Whole. Drinking it dosen't sate one's thirst. Even as it's being pumped through your veins, you never feel quite alive. You are immune to all illnesses. You are also completely sterile.

Please note this on your sheet.

Hollow: Something's wrong deep into your blood. It's not... Whole. Drinking it dosen't sate one's thirst. Even as it's being pumped through your veins, you never feel quite alive. You are immune to all illnesses. You are also completely sterile.

so mofoing fitting thanks dear gm <3<3

By the way, what exactly does the Moulder thing entail? Is it just this extra oddity or is it the ability to change your own flesh or maybe even the flesh around you?

so mofoing fitting thanks dear gm <3<3
'T was the will of the Dice Gods.

By the way, what exactly does the Moulder thing entail? Is it just this extra oddity or is it the ability to change your own flesh or maybe even the flesh around you?
Moulders are able to, you guessed it, Mould the flesh to their will. The flesh can be of living beings, or some meat that they found on the ground. You could force an ally's muscles to grow exponentially, beyond any human capability. You can squeeze your own wounds shut to live just a bit longer. You can puppet a dead enemy's corpse, and have them sink their teeth into the nearest monster. The only limit is your own creativity.

CoolGuy CoolGuy
For having forsaken your pack, go ahead and note this on your sheet:
MADMAN: Cheat death. Just once.

Really interested in joining in, I'm kinda new to all those though so if I do something strange or that I'm not supposed to please correct me. I do have a few small questions. What do the stats do (Brains, Muscle, Guts)? It seems self-explanatory but I just wanna certain. Also, do you have to be specifically designated a "leader" to get 2 gifts or is that something everyone gets? Lastly how do I roll for Moulder?

Really interested in joining in, I'm kinda new to all those though so if I do something strange or that I'm not supposed to please correct me. I do have a few small questions. What do the stats do (Brains, Muscle, Guts)? It seems self-explanatory but I just wanna certain. Also, do you have to be specifically designated a "leader" to get 2 gifts or is that something everyone gets? Lastly how do I roll for Moulder?
We don't have the answer for the stats really, I just kinda assumed it's self-explanatory and somewhat loose IC. Everybody gets 2 gifts (I have already recieved this answer) and you roll for moulder by pressing roll dice here in OOC and figuring the rest out on your own (It's not hard) but you only roll for that if you do select it while making your character.

We don't have the answer for the stats really, I just kinda assumed it's self-explanatory and somewhat loose IC. Everybody gets 2 gifts (I have already recieved this answer) and you roll for moulder by pressing roll dice here in OOC and figuring the rest out on your own (It's not hard) but you only roll for that if you do select it while making your character.
Grassy ass senior. Think I'm gonna take my chances with whatever I roll and hope I don't die immediately IC

I see Prizzy already answered to your question, but I just noticed that I never stated anywhere what the stats meant. My mistake.

The interpretation should be very loose, but try to go by this guideline:
Muscle = physical abilities (strenght, dexterity, etc.)
Brain = mental abilities (Knowledge, logic, etc.)
Guts = social abilities (charisma, empathy, etc.) and willpower.

I will go add this to the sheet right now.

I just want to point out that you haven't even made a sheet yet, but if you really want to hear the results of this then you're going to have to pick moulder.
My bad. I thought I would just add whatever I got to the sheet. I'll go ahead and make that first then. I'm genuinely sorry if I'm a drag. I'm just very new to all this.

boi are u cramping my style over there
Hue, I expected a lot of people to go for the Moulder. It should be a pretty rare ability, so if too many people want it i'll just have to put a limit.

Or your whole tribe could be made of freaky mutant Moulders. What the fuck would I know.

Hmm. Do you mind if I change my packless quirk to absolute madman? For my own sake?
I actually wanted to name it that at first. Go ahead and do it, you crazy motherfucker.

Prizzy's right on this one. Make a sheet and I'll tell you your Oddity right away. I would advise against picking Moulder again since we already have one and there are other gifts that can be interesting, but it's your character man. Number one rule is to have fun after all.

My bad. I thought I would just add whatever I got to the sheet. I'll go ahead and make that first then. I'm genuinely sorry if I'm a drag. I'm just very new to all this.
It's fine friendo, but that's what I was trying to explain in the first post there. Moulder is one of those special abilities that you get to pick two of, and maybe you want to end up picking it, sure, but I didn't want you assuming that it's a thing everybody gets :P

Hue, I expected a lot of people to go for the Moulder. It should be a pretty rare ability, so if too many people want it i'll just have to put a limit.

Or your whole tribe could be made of freaky mutant Moulders. What the fuck would I know.

I actually wanted to name it that at first. Go ahead and do it, you crazy motherfucker.

Prizzy's right on this one. Make a sheet and I'll tell you your Oddity right away. I would advise against picking Moulder again since we already have one and there are other gifts that can be interesting, but it's your character man. Number one rule is to have fun after all.
Yeah I wanna feel special for being the flesh zealot over here :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back