Other Flash Insomnia - PLEASE HELP MEEEE!

Yin Valentine

A Little Evil
The past few days I've been laying in bed for four hours straight, usually longer, trying to fall asleep, but my body refuses. However, I have no problem waking up in the morning no matter how short my sleep is. I don't know if this has happened to other people, but it's super annoying, so I'm gonna just name it "Flash Insomnia Syndrome." Please tell me if you know what this is.

Also, if this helps, I do listen to music while I'm going to bed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely am not a doctor, but I have a similar issue, so hope Im not breaking any rules by offering advice.

First, some general advice. It is easier to fall asleep if you avoid staring at a screen before bed- TVs, laptops, phones, etc. all produce light that keeps our brains active and can cause problems for sleeping. Activities that dont involve a screen, like reading a book or drawing, are better before bed because they aren't beaming light directly into your skull, and they're usually more relaxing (avoid Stephen King books). Also, most doctors recommend dark, quiet, cool rooms for sleeping.

But I occasionally have a horrible time falling asleep for stretches of time, even though I follow most of that. I haven't found anything specifically that helps, except for some kind of change. For example, a while ago I started having a really horrible time falling asleep. So I decided to try the old trick of warm milk. Worked like a charm, had a mug of warm milk a half hour before bed for a week, and after that I was back to sleeping normally. Recently, I started playing white noise or running a fan when I sleep, and it helped again. Other changes that have helped me: switching pillows or blankets, or even just the order of them on the bed, changing the level or type of sound(maybe try a different kind of music or opt for white noise), changing before bed eating/drinking habits, like adding warm milk or tea, or skipping the chocolate, even putting my head at the other end of the bed.

It might also do some good to think about whether you have had a big life change, or if there is something stressing you out. If there is something big on your mind, even if you dont realize it, you'll have a hard time falling asleep. My random insomnia usually happens if there's something going on in my waking life.

And, as always, if nothing helps and it starts affecting your life, go see your doctor, they're great at this kind of thing lol

Again, NOT A DOCTOR. But this is what has helped me in the past. Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tried these methods before, and thank you for being so nice, no one else was helping me for several hours.

I've tried most of them, and the only "big change" I have is that I'm moving soon, I don't think that's enough to trigger insomnia.

I'll get some advice from a few more people and see if it helps me sleep.

Danke!

I am not a doctor, but this should help. I would recommend a good strenuous workout sometime during the day to make sure you don't have too much energy when you go to bed, you just won't go to bed if you don't need to as far as your body is concerned. Make sure you set a solid sleep schedule going on, usually those two things will stop you from having this. Regardless beyond that make sure you are having a regular diet, such as not consuming excessive amounts sugar or caffeine, since this will mess things, like your sleep cycle >_>.

Also, I might recommend medicines that will help you sleep like, Zzzquil, I wouldn't recommend it for long, just to set your sleep into a normal cycle if that is the issue, because it can be habit forming. All in all, try to use up all of your energy before going to bed, stay away from artificial light before going to bed, this doesn't effect everyone, but most are. So, I would recommend (Dang I'm using that word a lot!) everything @Flutterby said. Hope you get some rest.

That could help! You are welcome, try it out, and I will read your post later. Until then.

8cf630f8f29c8975479b4b916852f0d1ad66330635d831241057a1d05473dc36.jpg

Nah just messin with ya ;3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back