Fishy in the Pond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skittles walked on the water, gently and slowly approaching Hydra. "Oh... I am so sorry." She frowned. She bit her lower lip, "I... I can bring her back. She hasn't been gone for long. I shouldn't, but I can bring your... mother? back." She scooted closer to Hydra. "Will you let me help you?" She asked, her hands over her heart, her expression pained and sad. Despite Skittles being so playful all the time she did understand serious matters.

Hydra couldn't even reach out and touch her mother, she just held her hands together as she trembled. This was the whole reason why she went to get the girl, it was to save her mother, but why was she hesitating now? Floating there she looked at her mother, she knew her mother was dying and she didn't want it to happen. Biting her lower lips she was torn, part of her wanted to save her, but they other part wanted to let her go. Looking over at Skittles she made a sad confused expression and after several minutes of waiting, she sighed and shook her head. "N..no, I...I want her to be left alone. She lived her life, that's all that matters now"

Skittles nodded and sat down beside Hydra, hugging her tightly. "I am so sorry you are hurting..." She whispered. "You mom would have appreciated your efforts, I am sure of it." She nodded. Skittles stood up and walked over to Hydra's mom's body. "Do you wanna have her funeral a certain way? Or do you just want to leave her here?" She asked, turning her head to look at Hydra. She didn't know much about how people handled their dead but she knew that they did nonetheless. Skittles had never lost anyone so she tried to give what she could when she could.

Hydra appreciated how the girl was being considerate to her for her loss. She had lost her whole family now and she didn't know what do do anymore. Her bloodline was still cursed and humans were still weird when it came to her kind. So many things were circling around in her head, she just couldn't take it all in. Placing her hand gently on her head she looked over at the girl and than her mother. "Skittles just leave her here, I'm probably gonna go away for awhile.. this place has too many hurtful memories for me." She fell silent and swam over to the girl hugging her tightly, she just needed someone there for her in this moment.

Meanwhile, Azax was there collecting various herbs and fungi as he looked around for lesser creatures to borrow...things off of. His pal, Azuul the flying skeleton scepter thing, rattles as Azax tells it jokes and has general banter with it. They are also close to the lake's edge, easily visible through the trees. 

[SIZE= 16px][COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]S[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(255, 140, 0)]k[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 0)]i[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(0, 255, 0)]t[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(0, 255, 255)]t[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]l[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(238, 130, 238)]e[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(128, 0, 128)]s[/COLOR][/SIZE] hugged Hydra. She gave her the warmest squishiest hug she could. She ran her little hand over Hydra's back in order to comfort her. After a long embrace she pulled away and smiled at Hydra. She turned, "Your mom deserves better." She walked over to the dead mermaid and knelt down, kissing her forehead. Colorful lights sparkled around herself and Hydra's mom. The woman's body got color back into it. She lifted the woman's body and gently rested it in front of Hydra. Hydra's mom's face seemed calmer and it even had a smile on it. The body shimmered before turning disintegrating into the water. "Whenever you are here she will be with you." She gave Hydra a mushy hug again and smiled big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread