• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic First Contact - The Giant and the Nimble

Barca-Marcus

Barca-Blue
Millions of years, lead to this. Two hundred years of fine-tuning engines to run faster than light. Three hundred to normalize the practice. Five hundred to explore the stars. And one, moment. A single second, to burst every expectation. The first meeting…It came a thousand years later than expected. But it certainly changed everything.
Officially…It was a simple deep space explosion. While setting up on outpost in the far quadrant of a sector in deep space, an outpost…simply had a reactor rupture. Minor causalities, nothing important.
Off the record? An attack, from the looks of it. As far as the military know, “The Other” as it is written in reports, appeared at the outpost at 0500, in the year 3117. They destroyed half the station, before they were met with militia forces, and were subdued thereafter. One died, the other, captured. Two hundred human lives were lost. One alien life. As reports go, it was the worst-case scenario.
Military brass is having a field day of panic, doomsday preaching, and all and all “WE NEED MORE GUNS” demanding. But the TGG, Terran Galactic government, as the governing body of near all space, demanded study began on the creature. And so, a research team was put together. Humans from all over the galaxy, linguists, scientists, military personal, hell after the recruiting was over, they had enough researchers alone to staff a country! But the first human, to every truly meet this creature up close, would be a humble diplomat, armed with two guards, and a linguist. The researchers, the TGG, and everyone else involved, after three full years of preparation and planning felt safe, for the moment. They felt they would reach a conclusion, that they would truly make this humanity’s finest work.
But no one was prepared for any of what would come next. The betrayal, the destruction. The war. Nor, the advancements, for both sides of this new age. The map of the universe would double, And the understanding of humanity would increase tenfold.

Tossing this particular scene out before I throw up another post with multiple settings. I've got an idea of the alien, and would rather that role, but this really is just a base to go from. I've no demands or worries about where it goes, so long as we both enjoy it.

A Bit About Me;
Timezone: C.M.T. (Texas)
Rp style/Reply Length: My style is Advanced Lit, ranging to Novella (2-3 paragraph to 2-3 pages) But that depends on my enjoyment.

What I Expect Out of You;

• Proper grammar, spelling, and the like. Mistakes happen, and you don't have to worry about it when speaking in character, but if it's in texting code, or emoji's, i'm not on-board.

• Carry the plot as much as I do. Don't be afraid to step in and steer the plot wheel. Don't just let me write you a book, work with me. Anyone can write a novel alone, i'm here to make something with someone.

• As a general statement: I understand the need and want to just act out your fantasies, but again, this really needs saying; This isn't charity, and it isn't a competition. Give and take is my standard. I will not play the "Whose character is cooler/more depressed" game with you. And I will not just service your marry sue. I'm here to make something with you, to share my creativity, and to see yours. To build off of each other.

Where I Like to RP:

Generally here in PM's is where i'm role-playing these days, as I've just a lot of them going on here and check it often. But I've discord, kik, all the usual suspects, if you're picky.

Toss Me A PM, I Rarely Check Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back