Other Fireworks (funny story)

Demonhunter

Three Thousand Club
<p>

So I'm sitting in my sheep pasture right now with the water hose and my laptop because everyone around me is celebrating the fourth early and I don't want a repeat of the year part of our pasture caught fire. So I'm sitting here and I hear rustling. Of course I live in an area were a mountain lion has been spotted and has been killing cattle left and right, so I am armed with a 1911. I stand up and cock the gun, looking around with my phone light only to find my neighbors dog. Curiously the dog wasn't afraid of the fireworks, rather, he'd wag his tail each time one went off. Cute little lab dog too, but he walked right past me, nose to the ground and everything. Sure enough his owner comes following behind trying to find him. We had a conversation and it went alittle somthing like this: Me: He's aweful calm to be around all these fireworks, it must sound like a warzone to him. Him: "Oh no, He's perfectly happy, I just have an issue keeping him in the yard on the holidays." Me: Well he seems fine. All my animals think the worlds coming to an end and he's just sniffing around. Him: Oh, He's looking for ducks! He's a duck retreiver, he's been searching ever since they started!

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW: i MEANT TO ADD THIS:

Leave your funny fourth of july stories or holiday stories in general here. i need to laugh, i have to stay up all night with this water hose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back