• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Fire Emblem Divide: Support Conversations

SirBlazeALot

Seven Thousand Club
SUPPORT CONVERSATIONS
A support conversation is a one-on-one chat between two characters. Raising your support level between two characters makes them stronger when fighting near each other. There are many potential benefits for participating in a support conversation. At bare minimum, the two characters will achieve a new Rank in their relationship, granting them increased ASS and BLOK values when they're partnered up.

Click here to return to the Table of Contents
Click here to go to the One on One Roleplay Section

• Rewards
    If the scenario of the conversation allows for it, a unit or both units involved may receive a permanent increase in weapon rank, an item, a skill, or a permanent increase in a Rolling Stat or Non-Rolling Stat. These are on a case by case basis, and it can’t just be a random reward. Not every support conversation requires a reward in this manner, but it does make sense for some. If you’re unsure about whether or not a conversation you’re putting together deserves a reward, or if the reward you’ve selected is appropriate, then hit up the blazed one and he shall pass judgment. There are some ground rules for the 4 types of reward to keep in mind.

1. Weapon Ranks: A weapon rank can only be increased once per weapon type via support conversations, and cannot be raised during a C-Rank conversation. For instance, you are allowed to raise a character’s Sword rank in one conversation, and their Anima rank in another conversation. However, you cannot raise their Sword rank in one conversation with one character and again with another character.
    2. Items: Items must be ran by the blazed one first because there are some items that are for later in the game that I don’t necessarily want to give anyone access to yet. In addition to receiving my permission, the item must be involved in the conversation in some capacity.
    3. Skills: Skills can only be shared between two units at A+ or S rank relationships. Unlike many of the other rewards, the scenario for this one doesn’t have to be about the characters teaching each other their skills, because that would make every upper level conversation boring and the same. Only one skill can be traded between any two characters and they must be agreed upon by both players.
    4. Rolling Stats: The maximum increase in any of the 6 rolling stats (ACC, EVA, CRIT, LUCK, ASS, BLOK) you're allowed to grant your partner via Support Conversation is 5%. This will be reflected in their stats with a (*).

How To Set Up A Support Conversation
    A conversation can happen at any time other than a battle taking place in the Main Thread. They're a good way to keep the RP alive during the downtime for battles in the main thread. Seriously, if the main thread is ever in development, just take the time to do hella support convos. A Support Conversation will take place in a thread of your own creation made in the One on One Roleplay Section of RPN. Make the thread, and tag me in Announcements so I can link it here. Please do not post Support Conversations in this thread. Please name each thread in this manner: "Fire Emblem Divide: Character Name x Other Character Name". In the first post of each thread, please include a link to the Table of Contents just in case people snooping around wanna join the RP. You can still put the link there, but don't imply that the RP is open because it ain't!

You are permitted to do Support Conversations before the main thread for Battles begins. From then on, you can do them at any time, but they cannot take place during a battle. You are not allowed to have Support Conversations between your own characters. Just think of it this way. If you make characters who are closely related, such as siblings, they will share their bond IC but their bond will not affect the actual Gameplay Mechanics. This is to prevent people from rapidly completing Support Conversations at an unfair rate and to prevent players from neglecting to play with other characters. The golden rule is to not RP with yourself. If you want to make siblings, I suggest you collaborate with another player to do so.

The effects of a support convo, I.E. a reward and the bonuses granted by the rank, will not be granted if a Battle is taking place. They will instead take effect during the next battle. At the end of every Support Conversation, add a line that says "X-Rank Achieved!" X being the actual rank and list any benefits granted by the conversation. When I like this post, you have permission to apply the effects to the characters. If I do not like the post after a battle has completed, please remind me to do so, and then you can apply the effects after I've liked the post.

Each Support Conversation's first post must be labeled with the names of the characters in large font in this manner: "Arin x Danny". From henceforth, each subsequent conversation must include the information listed below in the header.

Time: (When the conversation took place, such as "Before Chapter 1" or "After Chapter 1" etc. Please do not place Conversations after battles until they have taken place.)
    Location: (Where the conversation took place. I'm trusting you guys to ensure that the location makes sense according to the events of each battle. I'll ask you to change it if it doesn't make sense.)
    Support Level: (Support Level that will be reached upon the end of the conversation.)

You can format the header however you like, but it has to be immediately visible, so use like large font and colors or something. And of course in order for a support level to raise, the conversation has to be one of substance. This means it must also be written in a traditional RPing style, and not in script form. It can't just be
    "Hey"
    "Hey"
    "...k bye~"
    "Cya"

And yes, I know that Saizo and Beruka’s C rank conversation is literally just
    “...”

“...”
    “...”
    “...”

and as much as I love that Intelligent Systems acknowledged the Jaffar x Rath meme, that shit’s not gonna fly here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back