• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Fire Emblem Divide: Sami x Zane

__ushiwakamaru_fate_grand_order_and_fate_series_drawn_by_chan_co__sample-daa2086df3d56278bcbbe29178b6e016.jpg
Outside of the village sat Sami. She was on a little break from her duties for a short lunch of rice balls and water. Her deer stood by feasting on grass under the shade with her. Sami wasn't sure if the grass of Patrium would be good for it but what else was it supposed to eat? Lunch was one of the few short moments of peace that Sami allowed for herself while on guard duty. However her eyes remained vigilant. She kept her wits about her and searched for signs of trouble. Nothing would get by her.

Or nothing worthwhile in her opinion. She noticed the winged shadow of a wyvern just beyond the shade the tree provided for her. It disappeared just as quickly as she saw it but Sami thought nothing of it. As far as she knew there was no reason to be concerned. A rider had probably just left to scout the area. Little did she know the runaway wyvern had no rider.

IG42 IG42

Last edited:
Beating his wings as swiftly as he could Zane growled in frustration, for all his time spent around wyverns they could still fly faster than he would ever be able to. It was a simple fact of biology that they were lighter and faster than him and catching them couldn't be done without a certain amount of trickery.

Looking down Zane spotted a deer wearing a saddle and bridle, reasoning that it's rider couldn't be far away he folded his wings and landed. Taking a quick look around he spotted the deer's rider lounging under a nearby tree, not even bothering to change out of his dragon form Zane ran up to her and started talking breathlessly. "Hey...uhh." He paused as he reached for the rider's name and his mind went blank. Taking a deep breath he tried again and hoped his panting covered up the break in his speech. "...Hey have you seen a wyvern nearby? One of my babies got loose and I think he was heading this way when I lost sight of him." Somehow his normally fearsome toothy snout managed to look utterly dejected. "He must be so scared all lost on his lonesome!"

DoctorDiggles DoctorDiggles

__ushiwakamaru_fate_grand_order_and_fate_series_drawn_by_chan_co__sample-daa2086df3d56278bcbbe29178b6e016.jpg
It wasn't long before Sami's dismissal of the wyvern would have to be rectified. Sami was always on her guard but Zane surprised her. When she had seen his dragon form she mistook him for a wyvern. He landed and she had thought she would be speaking to a rider. There was a look of surprise when she noted that there was no rider and no equipment for riding either.

Sami got over her shock just as soon as it had struck her. She listened to his plea and stared back in stoic silence with a subtle half smile. "I have." The samurai chuckled softly under the tree. "A wyvern flew this way just a moment ago." She paused and seemed to choose her words carefully. She finally went with "Would you like assistance?" Sami knew quite a bit about Manaketes. Their very own blood flowed in her veins. Though it was diluted by generations of Branded there wasn't a Takeda that hadn't been taught of the dragon people. "I've kept up with wyvern before." When shooting at them.

IG42 IG42

Zane perked up considerably when the rider confirmed that she had seen the runaway and shuffled his wings in anticipation of getting back in the air. "You saw him? Which way did he go?" He chattered rapidly and stared down at her impatiently when she paused seemingly lost in thought for a moment before catching him off guard by offering to help out. "Oh..well that might..." He floundered for a moment until he glanced over at the nearby deer, his familiarity with Komodo meant that he had at least seen the beasts in action a few times and remembered that they could keep pace with horse but also keep up their speed over rougher terrain. "If you can help that would be great, having another person would make this a lot easier."

Looking down at the rider again he titled his head slightly trying to remember if he actually knew her name or not, naturally manakete had good memories usually and the idea of forgetting people he knew scared Zane a little and he made a note to be more liberal with snapshot tomes in the future, naturally he had a lot of pictures of his family and friends but he realised he should make more effort to preserve his memories of his comrades too. "Ah..anyway I'm Zane if you didn't know already, lead the way!"

DoctorDiggles DoctorDiggles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back