• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Fire and Fear

Break stood on the opposite side of the fence and looked at Lucious. He looked down at Babs in his pocket and back at Lucious. "Lucious you're going to have to hold Babs. Please don't let her run off." He asked him hopefully. He carefully started to climb the fence and passed Babs to his boyfriend before climbing over himself and jumping down. He landed hard and felt a sharp pain in his ankle but hid it quickly. He didn't want to slow Lucious down.

Hugging Break, while putting Babs back into his jacket, Lucious kisses Break’s cheek multiple times.
You good? Because I’m perfectly fine with stopping for you to rest because of the time thing. After all, you’ve done a lot so far. More than what I could do ever, so I want to make sure you are okay. No matter how big or small it is.
Lucious sweetly whispers, in between each kiss. Rubbing his head on Break’s shoulder just a little bit, Lucious blushes brightly. Swaying just a little bit as well, Lucious starts to slowly hum a song as well.

Break nods and kisses him back softly. Petting Babs to calm her down, he sighed. "I'm okay. I just came down harder than I thought I would. But I'm okay. We need to get going or else they might realize something it up." He pulled away from Lucious slowly and took a step back on his ankle. It wasn't sprained or twisted, but he definitely landed wrong. It would hurt in a few hours. But they needed to keep going. If they stood here for long, they would get caught. He pointed out into the woods and in the distance. "Town is that way. There is a train and bus station on the other side. You could call your friend from there. And no one would question us either because it's a layover stop. People come and go all the time." He put his arm down and placed a hand on Lucious' chest to step past him to lead the way.

If you say so, but promise me you’ll rest at the train station. At least while I’m calling my friend. I don’t want you to push yourself hard enough you can’t save us in case we need it.
Lucious says sweetly, following Break towards the train station. Once they arrive there, he sets the bags on a bench that Lucious wants Break to rest at. Going to a payphone, with enough change left in it for a short call, Lucious watches out there and dials the number to his old friend. His grandfather, who moved over here once he won the lottery twice.

Break sat down next to their bags and checked on S'mores and Babs, giving them both cat food and water. He could feel everyone's gazes on them. He was glad that he put his hood up while they were walking because Lucious sat them down right underneath a camera. Luckily, they were in the blind spot. But he still had bad feeling and felt as though they should hurry out of here. So he got up with both bags and walked over to Lucious, who was having a conversation with someone else on the phone. It sounded like a pretty heated one so he dug in his pocket and pulled out some more change, putting it into the phone to keep the call connected. While doing so, he attempted to get Lucious' attention to tell him about his feeling and trying to figure out where they were going so he could get the train tickets while he finished his conversation.

As close to the airport as possible. We’ll meet him there. Right grandfather? You’ll meet us at the airport with our tickets?
Lucious says, at first with his normal voice in a whisper but audible on the other end. Then, when he was responding back to the person on the phone he had a very different voice. His eyes didn’t change that much, only on the outside of his eyes could be seen to be black. Mumbling something else, perhaps about cages for the airport, Lucious finishes the conversation and hangs up. Taking the coins that the machine spurts out, Lucious spies the camera that Break was talking about. Two words go out of his mouth. Go Blind. A short buzz came after that, with distant screaming and confusion from the control center. The camera had no information being sent anymore. Lucious smirks, his eyes fading back to normal as he walks up to Break and kisses him, quickly informing him that the camera is not a concern anymore.

Break kisses him back and pulls away, panicked. "Lucious, the footage on the camera before you took it out was still recorded!" He hissed, and tried to discreetly look around. His ears managed to pick up the sound of the confusion and his head snapped back to Lucious. "So where are we going? Can we get out tickets?" He whispered quickly and bent down to pick up their bags. Before swinging them onto his back, he rummaged through his bag and pulled out his wallet. Securing the cats together in his bag, they didn't have the extra money to get pet tickets, so he had to hide them.

Get as close to Orlando as you can with that money. If we need more I’ll get it wherever we stop. And don’t worry about the footage. That’ll be the least of their worries for a while.
Lucious says, kissing Break on the forehead. Noticing the stares from some nearby people, mostly older folk and young parents, Lucious speaks to Break stating to quickly saying to murmur his name if he needs help, Lucious heads over to the restroom. Once inside, he searchs for the brain of the security guard. Finding it, Lucious changes into The Darkness and fades into the office’s desk. Under it, Lucious forms into it as he slowly crawls from under the desk. A boss? Fine. Weird way to appear, but will work nonetheless.
Lucious speaks in the boss’ voice towards the guard. Hey, you wouldn’t want to loose your job so close to your daughter’s birthday don’t you. If so, leave this office and forget you saw anyone else here. Of course lying, as soon as the man turned around Lucious grabbed and knocked him out. Perks of seeing your boss as a stronger person. Murmuring the words Sleep for an Eternity Lucious makes sure that the eyes are closed. Now that he was done, Lucious closes his eyes quickly and reopens it to a bloody room and a bullet in the man’s head. Heading to the computer and pulling gloves he luckily kept in his pocket from earlier out and on, Lucious headed over to the hard drives. Once locating them, he grabbed each individual one and formed as a traditional creature in a country’s folklore. With this monster’s great strength, Lucious was able to rip them to shreds. Going back to The Darkness Lucious was able to return back to the stall he was in and proceded to walk out of the restroom.

Break rushed to the help desk and pulled out his money. Slipping it under the plexi glass window, he looked up at the attendant. "I need two tickets to get as close to Orlando, Florida as I can." He told the attendant, keeping a hundred back for them to get food and drinks on the trip. Lucious said that he was able to get more money if they need it. He didn't necessarily know what he was going to do but he had a feeling that he might not like it. If that was the case then he didn't want to know.

After getting the tickets, he walked back to the spot where he and Lucious split up. But before he made it fully there, there was a strange looking man just standing there, looking around... looking for someone. Break quickly hid behind a pillar keeping the roof up and peeked around. He wasn't going to be able to meet up with Lucious that way.... He'd have to go around, but if he did that then he might miss Lucious. He was stumped.

Lucious eyed a strange man while walking out of the restroom. Weirdly enough, he was looking around as he stood where Break and him were standing before. Walking around the man as well as Lucious could, Lucious went up to the ticket booth. Asking a question that could be easily found out if he looked around, Lucious slowly looked around for Break and where he could be. Hopefully Break didn’t get seen by the strange man. Or else he would get a little bit of talking to by Lucious alone...

Break looked up and out of his thoughts when he saw Lucious walk up to the ticket booth. He sighed in relief and ran up to him, grabbing his hand and holding it tightly. "Thank goodness. Did you see that man?" He whispered and tugged Lucious away towards the area that their train would be arriving soon. "I got the tickets and kept some money back for us to get food and drinks." He told him not aware they were being followed and rushed them along. It would be about 30 minutes before their train arrived. Break was out of it, rambling and non stop talking, the men at a glance looked like his father...

Noticing the trail of minor fear following the two of them, Lucious kept it in the back of his mind in case they were just getting on the train as well. However, Lucious snuggles with Break while resting his head on Break’s shoulder. Whispering quietly about a man appearing to follow them, but not to worry yet, Lucious kisses Break on the neck. Smiling, Lucious suggests to sit at a bench for the next half hour so it’d be more comfortable. Reassuring Break, that of course no matter what, Lucious will protect Break as long as he wants him too.

Break blushes at the kiss on his neck and smiles, nodding lightly to his reassuring words. As soon as they sat down, his eyes close and he falls into a deep sleep. He dreams of his father, his mother, and the last night that he was around them. He jerked and twitched lightly in his sleep, mumbling under his breath about how sorry he was for things that were out of his control. He began to cry in his sleep and couldn't move as he relived that night over and over again in his mind.

Noticing the hints of fear in his seemingly nightmare that Break was experiencing, Lucious frowns slightly. Brushing Break’s head lightly, not awakening him, and whispers soft words that wouldn’t be audible to anyone unless they were next to him. These words took control of Break’s fearing nightmare, and seemingly toned it down for Break for a restful nap. Smiling from what he did, Lucious looked around for where the man was now by pinpointing his fear. Still lurking nearby, Lucious notes all possible exits and where every guard was located if need be. However, the guards would be last choice if possible. After all, they did just leave a prison.

An hour had passed by and the train finally showed. Break awoke to Lucious gone and other passengers boarding the train. His heart began to race lightly as he stood and looked around. The man was still close by and seems anxious. But this was the only train for the next 8 hours so he must be following them. He didn't know what to do. Should he just get on the train and hope that Lucious will find him? What if he didn't? What if....? He's mind began racing, he could feel a panic attack coming on. He needed to do something. Everything was blurry.

Knowing Break would freak when he woke up, Lucious had to hurry. After all, being alone to a train arriving can be pretty frightening. But of course, a man has to do his business every once and a while. Finishing up in the restroom, Lucious jogged over to the bench where Break was before, luckily with him still there, and essentially tackled him into a hug.
It’s okay now. I’m sorry.. I should have woke you up or something, but I had to use the restroom real quick. But I’m here now.
Lucious whispered gently into Break’s ear as he embraced him. Kissing him a couple times, Lucious helps Break to get up and into the train. Finding seats for them, he makes sure Break is all good before sitting down himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back