• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Finding the Fountain

Out in the far mountains of the northern lands, there was a lone man wondering through the treacherous cliffs. This man looked like a old veteran of war, most people know this man as The Blue Knight. This man has seen more then most people would in their whole life time, the feats hes accomplished would be written in history books, the sights he seen are something that could be compared in a story book. His entire life sounds like a story, at least that's what he would consider it. The people however call him a legend, and a hero. But even heros tend to age, a few months ago he was cursed by a mage, the curse made him physically age slightly faster then a human should be, it was only slightly because the knight was able to interrupt the ritual.

Now the knight looks like he was nearly sixty, his body would age about three to five months in a week, this worried the knight greatly. He wasn't ready to die, not quite yet, and its not because of selfish reasons, but its because he thought that he wasn't ready yet, he thought that he could do more with his life, if old age was gonna be the end, he was gonna age the old way. He heard of stories about the old fountain of youth, from what he learned from studying about it, it's the only way to remove the curse, that's his only hope.

He noticed that the sun was going down, so he knew he needed to make camp for the night. He soon found a spot that would be large enough to fit his small camp. And the mountain itself can block the winds, so starting a fire won't be a issue. He placed his bag down and he started to pull out his supplies, a tent big enough for one, a bed roll, a small bundle of sticks and some paper, a box of matches, a frying pan two weeks worth of rations, and a large water skin. After about twenty minutes he had his camp fully situated. He sighed softly to himself as he sat down close to the fire, absorbing the comforting warmth of the fire, listening to the sounds of the mountain. He saw some snowflakes slowly drifting off to the ground. This was what he considered a peaceful night.

Angel sighed, resting her arm on a branch. She had been watching this man fro hours as he had walked up and down the mountains, looking for the fountain. He had appeared this morning during her parole of the area, and he was proving to be a big problem. He wasn't a spiritedly young man anymore, but he seemed to be desperate. The fountain, in truth, was not as hard to find as it was to reach it. The Guards who surrounded the place were the hardest part about getting to the fountain. As the head guard, Angel's job was to deal with strangers who tried to

get to the fountain unless they proved they were worthy.

Sighing, Angel patted the dark blue hair on her head as she watched the man set up camp. The plan was simple, as always. She was to craw out of the woods, feigning injury, and lure the man away from her camp and back to her supposed home, only to have her disappear as soon as he was far enough away. Smiling to herself, she messed up her hair a bit more before starting to crawl somewhat feebly out of the brush near his camp.

Ragnar slowly up closed his eyes as he felt the warmth of the fire wrap around his body, finding comfort from the flame. He found very few things comforting nowadays, the presence of the fire was one of one few things. He slowly pulled his signature morning star close to him. He remembered the day that the castle smith gave it to him. The smith spent three days forging the weapon from metal he collected from a star that fallen not too far from the castle, he made the forge hot enough to melt the metal to the shape he wants for the weapon.

That morning star has been his one weapon on every adventure Ragnar has ever been on. Twenty years of use had made the weapon old and battered, just like the man that uses it. He opened his eyes and tightened his grip on his weapons shaft when he heard rustling in the bush behind him. He reached over to a piece of wood that was in the fire to use light before he stood up and up shined the light to the brush that made the rustling. "Who goes there?" The old knight asked in a serious tone. He was used to seeing bandits, he had a idea in how he should react to the situation.

Angel groaned loudly, flopping onto her side as she heard the sound of a blade being drawn. Groaning, she reached a hand out towards the man, her body shaking. "Please..... help me." She mumbled, pretending to have her vision fading. Her magic was good at disguising her good health with fake wounds, and though it looks like she was in pain, she felt no physical pain at all.

Ragnar walked over to the woman, with the makeshift torch and morning star in his hands. When he got to the wounded woman he looked around the area with the torch, to make sure that this wasn't a trap. He's been through those situations a few times before. When he knew that the coast was clear he kneeled down and check the woman. "What hurts?" He asked the woman curiously.

Angel watched as he studied her carefully, letting out a soft breath as he leaned over to her and aske her what hurt. Pointing to her side, Angel moved her hand to expose a realisti looking gash that ran along her side, which had coated the inside of her hand with sticky blood.

Ragnar looked over the wound. He nodded slowly. "Alright, I got bandages." He told her as he tossed the torch and morning star over to the fire. He then picked the woman up and carried her over to the camp. He sat her down gently close by the fire. He then walked over to his bag and he pulled out some bandages. He walked back over to the woman holding the bandages out. "What happened?" He asked the woman.

Angel feigned being weak in his arms, used to feeling muscular arms against her. But his felt somewhat frail and old, though he didn't sound that old. Coughing, she looked at him, sighing. "I was out here looking to find the path back to the city when a rogue jumped me and slashed me when I fought back.

Ragnar nodded as he wrapped up the injury. "I personally hate rogues." He told the stranger. He thought of talking to the woman, focusing on other things then the would be better for the woman. He's tried it before with people getting hurt in past helped the victim out a lot. Ragnar sat down across from her, making his morning star was close to him. "You have a name?"

Angel kept her eyes on him as he wrapped her up in bandages, sighing weakly. "Angel." She mumbled somewhat weakly, her fake blood loss stunt kind of working for the moment. She was just glad this idiot knight wouldn't deny helping a girl in trouble.

Ragnar nodded as he reached over to the bag and pulled out some of his rations. He had enough for two weeks for one person, but he didn't want to eat while someone that just got attacked have no food. He held some food in his hand. "You want some food?" He asked her.

Angel smiled up at the kind man, shuffling towards his palm before taking the food in her hand. Sure, she didn't really need it, but for appearances, she really needed to take the food since she couldn't have had any before this. Sighing, she looked at the food and ate it quickly, not bothering to savor the taste.

Ragnar obvserved the woman taking the food and just devouring it. He nodded slowly as he comprehended those few seconds, not one day in his life had he ever seen a young woman like that eat anything That fast, sure he was used to men eating like that, but some reason he couldn't believe a woman eating like that, he considered that part of his old fashion personality. "I'd take that you haven't eaten in a little while." He told her as he held up his water skin.

Angel swallowed hard as the man asked her if she hadn't eaten in a while, and she realized that she had just scarfed down her food in front of someone who was very, traditional. Chuckling slightly, she winced, pretending it had hurt her gut to laugh. "Ah, yeah, I lost my food and I have been wandering around for a while." She mumbled. "I didn't get to eat anything today before I was robbed dry."

Ragnar nodded at her explanation for scarfing down her food. "I see. Now, care to explain what you're doing all the way ou ere in the middle of nowhere." From what Ragnar knew for sure that here's hardly anything out in these mountains, but he hopes for the fountain is here.

Angel sighed and looked at him. "In truth, i was looking for the legendary fountain that would bring eternal youth. I have been here for days, and I haven't found a single thing." She mumbled, pulling herself up to a sit and looking across at him. She knew that she would be able to shake him off the trial.

"Really? You don't looke that old." Ragnar told her as he looked at he flame for a moment. "I don't know if you noticed this, but I'm getting to the point when someone would want to find the fountain." He told the woman.

Angel sighed, and shook her head. Her brain was racing quick for an answer. Someone in her family had to be injured or dying for her to need the fountain. 'My Grandfather." She stammered out quickly before regaining her breath. "My Grandfather is dying, and to frail to move from home more than once. I was looking for the fountain so I could bring him to it and having him drink before he kicks the can."

Ragnar nodded slowly at the woman's reason for being out here. "That sounds honorable of you. They say that only the fountain would declare who's worthy for the fountain or not. I certainly hope I can be considered worthy. Considering what I've done." He said as he looked up at the night sky.

Angel sighed, leaning back. "I hear those who are filled with greed mysteriously wander out of the fountain, or shrivel at the touch of one drop of water. But by all means, what have you done?" She asked him, wondering what he would do to be deemed worthy enough to pass the guards like her.

Ragnar thought about that long list for a minute. "Oh where to start on that one. I've saved my king twice, once from a dragon, and another from a assassin. I prevented my country to go to war twice, I single handily lowered my citys crime rate by half, I killed many bandits, undead, golems, orcs, sorcerers, demons, a actual devil, I also killed another dragon. I saved my queen from the very king I've saved because he soon became corrupted. and ive solved on of the most difficult murder cases in the history of my country. And I can go on all night in what else I've done in my times. But you may ask, why have I done all of this?" He shrugged silently. "It's because it was for the good of the people." He simply stated. That's all the reasoning he needed to do anything that he does.

Angel soon fell silent as he went on with his tales of woe serving his kingdom. "You must have come a long way." She spoke softly, looking up at the stars. A pang of guilt hit her chest as she thought about distracting him from the fountain, and some part of her knew he was one of the few she would have to eventually let in, but at the moment, she couldn't reveal herself. "It seems you have done much more than I ever could have." She mumbled, closing her eyes.

"You're saving a man that you care about. I think thats a good start. Your still young, so you will have more opportunities to do something great in your life. I started my adventures when I was about fifteen or so." Ragnar told her. He found this woman's goal of saving her grandfather actually admirable, he wasn't just going about just to make her feel better.

Angel nodded, looking up at him. "Alright, well, thank you." She mumbled, looking away from him. She knew the only person she served was the fountain, she had no other family. She was alone, always, and though a real charmer, and a good actress, she had a tenancy to push others away from her, keep them at a distance. She was always the one at fault, she had done no good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back