• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Final Fantasy: Dusk

(To make things interesting, I'm gonna role dice for Cerberus' attacks, one for each of the members of the front line in the order that we attacked. 6 or higher is a hit, a ten is double damage)

[dice]1260[/dice] 
Cerberus used the eyes of its other head to lock in on Vespa. The center head lunged forward, successfully gripping Vespa's torso. The Paladin cringed in pain as the beast lifted him and then threw him, Vespa landing hard on his shoulder and rolling to the side. Vespa raised himself up and spit on the ground,"I need to be more careful", He then casted a cure upon himself to alleviate his wounds

Yukino saw her teammate get hurt but they was nothing she could do. She noticed the cerberus was going to attack her with one of its heads but she dodged it with ease. She then went of the counter attack aiming for the same head as last time she swung at it several times at rapid speed causing some to miss but most hit in total 3 strikes none in anywhere vital but it would still cause some damage to the beast but she wasn't finished there. She went to stab the beast in the cheek and it worked but her blade got caught by the beast teeth and she couldn't pull it out.

Vespa saw Yukino's situation and began rushing over to aid her. Unfortunately. the adjacent head also spied the same events. As the head went to attack Yukino, Vespa used his cover ability to jolt forward and block the attack,"There, now we're even! I'll hold this head off. Finish that one and we can take mine out together"

Valar attacked the left head again, striking three times. Vespa seemed reckless, making himself vulnerable to help someone was a dumb move, even if it was heroic.

Yukino was still holding the sword even when she saw the attack coming she didn't move she couldn't just leave the sword it was more of a memory for her. She noticed Gerard defended her. "Thank you." Yukino said as she finally managed to pull her sword out of the cerberus mouth. Yukino then noticed she was in the perfect position to hopefully take the head clean off. Yukino placed her sword by her side and shut her eyes for a split second slowing her breathing at the same time. She then opened her eyes and using all of her speed and strength aimed straight for the beasts head she took it clean off but not without a cost. The beast before Yukino took its head off used the split second were Yukino shut her eyes and managed to skim Yukino arm with its teeth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Losing one of its heads sent the monster into a frenzy. Vespa ducked and dodged as the Cerberus thrashed about. However, this also meant that the beast was also not completely aware of its surroundings. Taking advantage of this opportunity, Vespa grabbed onto one of its ears, which launched him onto its neck. Taking advantage of the weak spot, he trust his sword into the back of its head, killing the head instantly. Two down. All they needed was for the last one to be finished off

Asura

Asura noticed that her allies were being hurt - I'm failing, Asura thought distastefully and searched through her mind for a chain of spells to cast next. "Cura," Asura muttered, thinking of the injured Paladin nearby - Ideally his wounds would be healed better than with what limited magic he had available. Or did Paladins even have magic? Asura couldn't remember, and she honestly didn't care. "Shell," she hissed under her breath and noticed a magical exoskeleton form around each of her allies. That's better, Asura thought, then unsheathed her sword again to join the fight herself. Asura gripped Cortana's hilt tightly and jumped onto one of the Cerberus' heads and started to stab it. She did so about half a dozen times...

Until it knocked her off. The Cerberus bucked Asura off of its head and onto the ground, leaving her sword piercing the ground beside her right hand as she landed face-up on the ground. "Ow," she complained and stumbled to her feet, grabbing Cortana's hilt and pulling it from the ground. She tried to take a breath and gasped - Landing on her back had taken her breath away, which was something she had only felt once or twice - In the literal sense, that is. "Cure," she spat and felt instant (But only slight) relief in her chest. "There. That's better."

(Slow reply is slow.)​

Yukino watched as another of the heads went down leaving only one. She saw the girl from before the saying it was suicide to attack that thing charge in and get hurt but she didn't have time to think about others they needed the Cerberus down as soon as possible. "I'm going to slow its movements but I won't be able to hold it for long take it out then." Yukino said as she stabbed the Cerberus in its foot and attempted to keep it there with all her strength she was managing slightly but losing strength every second she tried to keep it in place she was ignoring the Cerberus last head hoping that if it did attack her the shell would protect her.

(I'm gonna play God here in order to advance the story. Apologies in advance)

As he slid down the raven snout of the head he had slain, Vespa saw that the Dark knight take advantage of Yukino's selfless decision. He surged forward, wreaking a barrage of slashes upon the beast at great speeds, thanks to Asura's haste spell. When all was said and done had mutilate the last remaining head of the monster. The paladin nudged the torso a number of times in order to assure himself that the beast was finally dead. After confirming the kill, Vespa let out a sigh and tossed his brown cloak in order to cool off. He then looked around the stands, and then looked to his allies," A Coliseum completely emptied...save for four brave souls. But then again, I couldn't have asked for a better way to separate the meek from the bold", Vespa wiped his bloodied blade on the Cerberus' fur and sheathed it before continuing,"I haven't been honest with all of you, however. My name is not Gerard, nor has it ever been. My true name is Vespa the Sixth of Tristany, Praefectus of the Platinum Legion. From these events I can see the three of you are the most capable warriors in this city. I would like to extend an invitation to each of you to aid me in eliminating threats such as the one that just took place. I know none of you owe your loyalty to this kingdom, but this is a widespread travesty throughout the world. As compensation for joining my force of hand selected elites, you will be given a share of any treasures we unearth, any rewards we are given and any titles we are bequeathed. What say you? Each of you?"

Yukino put her head in her hair and blushed a little her theory was right which means she insulted him before how embarrassing. She thought to herself. Yukino pulled her blade out of the Cerberus foot, wiped it and placed it back in her sheath. "Well then first let me say its an honer to meet you Vespa the Sixth of Tristany, Praefectus of the Platinum Legion and second let me apologize in advance for saying that your quest will lead to your death and that it was a fools quest." Yukino said before sighing. "Now that the awkward stuff is out of the way I Yukino of Barzakh student of the samurai Udoichi shall accept the offer to join you forces." Yukino said proudly she barely ever used the full title her 'father' told her to use but now was a good time if any time was to use it.

"I'm not going to lie, I got a little heated when you told me that", Vespa replied," But it's true; only a fool would take on such a daunting task", Vespa then gazed around the empty stadium,"But some one has to take it, and from the looks of it, most simply flee rather than stand for what is rightfully their's. That is all the more reason why I would be honored to have each of you join me", Vespa then approached Yukino and put his hand out,"I'd rather start our comradery on an honest greeting than our previous introduction. It's a pleasure to have you, Yukino of Barzakh"

Asura

Asura was reeling a bit - When she had noticed a battle was underway, she had simply joined in to ensure the others would live, not because she wanted to join these people. Still, if they felt like paying her, she wouldn't complain if she had to stay with them. Asura pulled Cortana from the Cerberus' head and walked toward the group, sheathing the blade and considering her options. I don't want to get involved with anyone, she thought, at least not too closely. Maybe I could just stay with them for a little while then leave? "Couldn't hurt," Asura answered, "To join you for a while. What might staying with you entail?" she didn't want to get herself into something suicidal or incredibly long-term, so she couldn't go wrong asking a question or two.

(At everybody. Too lazy to do the tags.)​

"Accompanying me on this voyage would require you in employing your services in combat against the great fiends and the monsters that the Crystals are spawning. As I said before, payment will come in the form of gil, land and titles. Since I am Praefectus, I am unable to acquire any of these, giving you each a larger portion.", Vespa then picked his cloak up and slung it over his shoulder,"We can discuss the details at the Valentino Manor. If you are interested, you may join me there"

That evening, Vespa sat at the Manor of Lord Valentino, now dressed in his blue and white Praefectus attire. Lain Valentino was merely allowing Vespa to stay at his abode for good publicity, but the Paladin would take the a place to stay regardless. What was most convenient about being in the Manor was that it was the place that Rain had stay before she departed from Tristany. At the moment, Vespa was searching was any possible clues to where she had gone based on what she had viewed in the Valentino family library.

"Praefectus", a stodgy old butler bellowed as he entered the study,"One of your guests has arrived"

"Perfect!", Vespa replied,"Send them in"

(The show must go on, I suppose)

The figure that entered the room, however, was not the Samurai, Dark Knight, or Red Mage that he had encountered at the Coliseum. Instead, the man who entered the study wore a black cloak and showed no sign of any job class,"Welcome to Valentino Manor", Vespa said in a tone of obviously false hospitality," I don't believe I've had the pleasure of making your acquaintance"

"Nor do you need to. This will be brief", the man replied, the lighting in the room illuminating the details of his gaunt face,"

"Is that so?", Vespa asked, as if to challenge the man, his hand resting upon his sword handle.

Yukino left the Coliseum and wondered around town for a while she didn't know where the Manor was so she just decided to wonder around for a while before actual looking for it. She wondered around aimlessly until she grew very bored and she decided she would go and finally look for the Manor. She ended up getting lost she was getting rather annoyed as she somehow ended up back in town. "Where the hell is Valentino Manor!" she shouted and someone tapped her on the shoulder and pointed towards a large building. Yukino smiled and bowed as a sign of thank you. She reached the building and knocked on the door waiting.

(Late, as usual. Hopefully fashionably so.)

Asura

Asura was greeted and welcomed into the Valentino Manor - As well as recognized by a man standing near the door, presumably a servant of some kind, and was given a path to follow to get to her new employer.

As she wandered the halls - Not aimlessly, as she usually liked to do, but with purpose - She couldn't help but let her eyes do the same. The building was incredible... It was the kind of place that had always made Asura sick, decadence seemingly dripping from the walls - But at the same time, she needed wealth herself if she was going to fill her stomach. She was no better than the owner of this mansion with her typical attitude, buying rounds for the guys down at the bar and...

Asura shuddered and felt a chill emanate from the mark on her neck, and suddenly she felt incredibly warm, almost as if she had a fever. That can't be good, Asura thought. I'll have to try getting out of here as soon as possible.

As she approached the room where she was told her potential future employer would be, she walked in on one figure she recognized from earlier and one she hadn't seen before yet. His voice sent a shiver down her spine - A coldness that Asura felt she needed, with the blood in her veins superheating. If I were crazy, I'd think that was Diabolos in the flesh, she thought. Instead of making any remarks, she cleared her throat and stepped into the room.

"You wanted to talk?"​

"Here for the Praefectus, madam?", as servant asked as they opened the doors,"Right this way"

Asura's entrance obviously caught the faint man off guard. Catching this lucky break, Vespa drew his sword and spring forward," State your purpose, spectre!"

The man knew he was outmatched two to one and began laughing,"You've no idea what you have started. You and those you acquire are naught but fuel on the fire! Go, follow Rain's footsteps to damnation, all of you!" The assailant then dropped something on the floor before flinging himself from the study window, shattering the glass. Vespa rushed over to the window, only to see the man hit the ground with a sickening crunch. Vespa reached down and picked up the dropped object and then looked to Asura,"Why yes I did, punctual timing", the Paladin said nonchalantly,"Come, let us discuss it at the dining Hall" as the two walked to the room, Vespa called to the servants,"There's a bit of a mess by the south wall that's worth checking into"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back