• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Filthy Rich

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

wicked

Yikes
★ The City that Never Sleeps ★

Welcome to New York City - the city that never sleeps. To some, it's a vacation destination: bright lights, Broadway shows, yellow taxis, pizza that tops any others. To others, it's a place of work: commuting, traffic, work, work, work. To others, it's a home, and boy, are they lucky.

Most of them, at least. Like many other cities, New York certainly has some disparity in the lifestyles that its residents live. While many people still struggle to pay their rent and make ends meet, others, like the characters in our story, live on the other side of that spectrum. In a more physical sense, they live at one of the most coveted addresses in the world: 50 Central Park South, which happens to house the Ritz-Carlton hotel, as well as 11 condos. The eleven exclusive homes at The Ritz-Carlton Residences enjoy all the services of the world-class hotel, but with their own private entrance and dedicated staff. Residents have access to the Ritz-Carlton health club, the La Prairie Spa, a club lounge, the Star Lounge and Auden Bistro, the hotel business center, in-room dining services, and housekeeping upon request.

And just who might be lucky enough to live here? Luckily for us, it isn't just a bunch of old, rich white people. Five of the apartments house the picture perfect Manhattan elite: young, beautiful, and always ready for drama.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Apartment 1:
tumblr_oaow0tWsmZ1uf85fqo2_250.jpg
As the children of an international businessman, The Golden Child and The Saint grew up in a world of luxury. Their father was a self-made man who prided himself in not only his success, but how he got there, and because of that, even though his children never had to worry about money, they definitely had pressure on them to make names for themselves. They were sent to the USA to receive top of the line college educations, and remained in New York after that, living in one of the many gorgeous apartments that their father owns globally. After years of striving to make their father proud, how did it get to a point where The Golden Child is turning to drugs, thanks to the help of The Actor, and The Saint thinks that she might be pregnant with The Heartthrob's child?

★The Golden Child (male): Taken by TheAwesomeSoph
★The Saint (female): Taken by Kitsune2202
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Apartment 2:
tumblr_pe3un9rhna1xz76udo8_250.jpg
It may not be a typical bachelor pad with beer stained couches and an old pool table, but this apartment houses some of the most wanted bachelors in the country. The Actor may not be Leonardo DiCaprio yet, but he is on his way to being a household name thanks to his blossoming acting career. Fame isn't something he grew up with, but he's down to experience the ride and everything it brings him. It's come with some good things, like the friendship that he made with his current roommates, The King and The Heartthrob, and also some bad, like a realization that it's hard to say no to some of the "luxuries" of this life, like drugs. The King, on the other hand, is more than familiar with this lifestyle. He's an heir to one of the biggest hotel names in the world, and New York City has been his playground since he was a child, handing him the infamous title of "The King of New York" by tabloids. The Heartthrob might be the most grounded of the three men, but it's not easy. Being one of the biggest name in the music industry, he's spent most of the past few years being overwhelmed by groupies and girls who only want to get to know him for fame and money. It's one of the reasons for why it's been so hard for him to feel comfortable being anything more than friends with benefits with The Saint.

★The Actor (male): Taken by eggsaladsandwich
★The King (male): Taken by Xed
★The Heartthrob (male): Taken by lauren.
Apartment 3:
tumblr_pe3un9rhna1xz76udo2_250.jpg
The New Face may not have been raised in the world of Bentleys, Birkins, and billions, but she comes from a long line of it. Her father was one of the biggest names in Hollywood, but she never knew him outside of what she saw on the screens. He had a separate family of his own at the time of the affair that produced her, and so he paid her mother off to raise her and keep his relation to the child a secret. He never reached out to The New Face throughout her youth, and she never even knew that he was her father until he passed away unexpectedly a few months ago. It was only when she was notified that she had been left a sizable portion of his estate that she learned who her father was. As if that wasn't tumultuous enough, the rest of the world found out about her too, so the past few months have been life-changing to say the least. She has just moved to New York with her boyfriend, The Social Butterfly, from the small town that they grew up in. Moving into her late father's apartment that her newly discovered sister, The Socialite, lives in has been a change, but part of their father's will stipulated that he wanted his two children to spend six months together before either would receive their share of his estate, as he hoped that in his absence, they could become the family that he was never able to provide while alive.

★The New Face (female): Taken by copacetic
★The Social Butterfly (male): Taken by wicked
★The Socialite (female): Taken by lauren.
Apartment 4:
tumblr_oaow0tWsmZ1uf85fqo9_250.jpg
New money is worth just the same as old money, if you ask The CEO. After creating his own company and selling it at a young age, he's set for life, though he isn't the type to settle with an early retirement, even if he has the money to last one hundred years without working a single day more. If you ask The Visionary, he needs to slow down and enjoy life, but as his best friend, she knows that it's hopeless to try to get him to relax. It doesn't mean that she's going to stop trying though, or that she's going to stop attempting to set him up with The Socialite, even if she knows that The King has been pursuing her recently. As one of the most talked about designers in the world right now, The Visionary is certain that she has an eye for certain things, with love being one of them. It's a shame that she and The King just haven't been able to make it work despite years of an on and off sort of relationship, but she insists that she isn't trying to thwart him moving on by trying to ruin his chances with The Socialite in favor of setting The CEO up with her.

★The CEO (male): Taken by Thrushwing
★The Visionary (female): Taken by sarcasticqueen
Apartment 5:
tumblr_pkr47a5a5t1wjn7eoo4_250.jpg
They're so inseparable that the media insists that they must be dating, but The Wild Child and The Mom Friend will promise you that they're only friends. They may have made out once or twice but they have alcohol to blame for that. Besides, it's hardly a secret that The Mom Friend and The Golden Child would be perfect for each other if they just stopped pretending that they were only friends. The Wild Child and The Actor have been enjoying a fling of their own as well, though it's hard to tell whether she's part of his impending downward spiral or not, with how crazy she can be in her own right. One thing's for certain, though -- these two girls have been best friends since they were babies, thanks to their fathers co-founding one of the largest tech companies in the world together, and despite their differences, they don't plan on that changing any time soon.

★The Wild Child (female): Taken by deianeira
★The Mom Friend (female): Taken by A_Writer

Last edited:
If the story or any of the roles interest you, you can check out the character page linked at the top and create a character. This isn't first come, first serve, so multiple people can try for the same role. Please be able to write 2-3 paragraphs per post a couple times per week if you are interested in joining.

If you have an idea for a character not listed, just send me a message!

is thre a limit on how many chars we can submit? i thought maybe id submit a few and you could pick your fav if there was a limit of one, but if not id be happy to rp multiple :')

I'm going to make a character for The Socialite, and probably a male as well since no one seems to be going for those :)

wicked wicked
Have you accepted anyone for any of these roles yet? Don't want to make a character if someone already has an idea in mind. Just let me know, please because I am very interested in this.

I honestly haven't had a moment to look them over yet! I'll be able to do that tonight, but am happy to wait to set a specific role if we have two people working on a WIP, to give everyone a fair chance. Once you're done with your CS, please let me know here or via PM so I don't accidentally skim over it, assuming it isn't done. Thank you!

Great! As a better way to do this, I'm going to go with the idea that when multiple people are trying for a character, once one person completes that character, the other person/people have 24 hours to complete theirs (starting now), otherwise, the spot will automatically go to that first person (considering the character looks good on my end too!). Hopefully that will give us a better timeline here.

Please let me know if I'm missing anyone!

OPEN ROLES (No one has started a CS for):
The King
The Actor
The Heartthrob
The Golden Child
The CEO
The Mom Friend

IN PROGRESS CHARACTERS (Roles are still open and can be tried for!):
The Saint (Kitsune2202)
The Socialite (Keira Winston)
The New Face (Goldieloxx)
The Visionary (sarcasticqueen)

FINISHED CHARACTERS (With multiple people trying for the role, not selected yet):
The New Face (coapetic)
The Wild Child (deianeira)
The Wild Child (TheAwesomeSoph)
The Socialite (lauren.)
The Visionary (Gomenesigh)

ACCEPTED CHARACTERS:
The Social Butterfly (wicked)

Last edited:
aiighttt i think i finished my cs for the most part~
might go back and edit or add things, but it's hella late here and I'm exhausted, so i'm going to bed uwu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back