• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Fields of Ichor

darkev

The Red Fire
The universe is filled with many strange things, wondrous and dangerous things. The universe that we know is limited, until one day it was expanded by a meteor. A strange substance landed on Earth, it was very crystal like, very radioactive, spread like a fungus, and is the greatest fuel source ever discovered. Through experimentation, scientists found that the substance, named Ichor, was powerful when used as a fuel source, and adapted quickly to the environment, making it cleaner than other fuels. As understanding of the crystals grew, so did the usage and the danger. For being adaptive, it adapted any carbon life to it, Ground Zero, where it landed, was horribly destroyed beyond recognition by the Ichor's ability to ruin. Ichor was Man-kind's dream for power, but was also their apocalypse. Some Ichor escaped the labs and proceeded to expand across the worlds, destroying oceans and cities. Humanity had developed some major technology to fight the Ichor, but now they had no way to stop the onslaught before them. They did what they could only do, they left. They developed as much as they could, creating three motherships, and left as fast as they could.

Cryogenics. Humans have been asleep for many years before they found one habitable planet. One ship went down to it, reporting this amazing jungle world, breathable air and sources of food, and natives. The Natives on the planet were not savages like many thought they would be, they were fairly advanced. They had reached a level of technology that Humans had only known after Ichor was introduced. One of the ships stayed on the planet, attempting to communicate with and create peace with the Natives while the other two left for other planets. One ship, the USS Caroline was lost in travel, just one year losing communications with the other ships, one that had now had successful negotiations with the Natives. The last remaining ship found another planet and set up on that planet, but the separation had caused issues between the two ships. While on the Native planet, those humans had destroyed their Ichor that was taken from Earth and stored in a separate chamber, the other ship decided to use Ichor to power all their machines, hoping to avoid the previous disasters.

Each ship had developed technology to help them survive their different worlds, the first ship, on the Native's planet had used some shared technology to create Gene-modified humans, earning them the name of Genes. The others had developed their Technology, allowing them to infuse themselves with minor Ichor and machinery, earning them the names of Mechs. The two factions, although each claiming the official title of 'Saviors of Mankind", they had started a war with each other. They had agreed not to fight over their new home-worlds, but rather over a newly discovered world. The Mechs were the first on the planet, and they had noticed a new strand of Ichor that has barely spread, they isolated it and claimed that portion as theirs. The Genes figured out about the Ichor and sent teams to destroy what appeared to be the largest gathering of Ichor seen sense leaving Earth. This is where things start.

So this is an interest thread and if I get enough interest, then I will start an actual thread with pictures and some description of each individual faction. The Natives will also be a group involved in the war, siding with the Genes and hoping for purifying the new planet, which is mostly desert. Mechs are basically cyborgs, replacing almost their entire bodies with machines. The Genes change their DNA, resulting in almost any mutation imaginable. Post support below if you want this to be a thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am working on the actual thread, taking time with it so that it is good. Thanks for showing interest.

@Beowulf

Thanks man! Now THIS is Interesting!

question:Is it posible to becom a Creature from the native planet insted?

Now, I'm not 100% sure about this, but I talked to him and it's definatetly possible. He's going to have the final say, however.

It is possible to become one of the Natives that the Genes live with, but there are no Natives on the new planet. The Natives that you can be may be very bird like, or I was thinking sorta like spiders, I haven't quite decided yet about the Natives.

Can they be Giant evil Green Pickles o3o

But if its spider and bird like...i have a few things in minde

I think they will be more spider like, but with the arrival of the Genes, they have adapted a more humanoid shape, and feathers. I mean, they are the ones who perfected the gene-mod process, so they can basically look like whatever they want, humanoid shapes and feathers are just all the rage right now.

Their original form is going to be insect like, but they are the creators of gene modification, so if you want to be a humanoid native, go ahead, if you want to be a spider like native, sure then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back