• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Feudal America: The Rising Sun

Sensei Fox

Eater of Goldfish Crackers
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1iSxyWIblE[/media]

(Play this as you read for a little ambiance.)

2038 was the year we decided that we'd really and truly been screwed over. Took long enough right? We detached ourselves from the central government, and that was our first mistake. We hadn't realized it for a while though. Each state became it's own governing body with the local leaders now bumped up to the head of the state. Everything ran smoothly for a while. Everything held together and not much changed. Soon as an election rolled around though, we truly became divided. Different states started adopting different ruling systems. Some stayed the same but many turned to systems like communism or theocracies. A few states just went into anarchy with people fighting to come out on top and own the land. Not too long after, nations across the sea took advantage of the disunity of the former nation and took over the governments for themselves. It all basically breaks down to Asia owning the western coast and Europe taking the eastern. The lake states defected into Canadian territories while the mid-west gained more population than ever with people moving there to farm and build. Texas is basically holding a big middle finger to everyone and blocking itself off from everything. The bandit states reside mainly between the mid-west and the eastern coast with some still barely hanging on to the structure they had before leaving the central government. That's the basic map but it's always changing. Wars between states happen fairly constantly whether funded as a proxy war or gangs trying to expand. It's chaos. You can go to sleep one night in your home state and wake up as part of your neighbors state. It's 2053 now, hopefully we can find some unity somewhere or at least a way to secure ourselves.

The basic idea is to be part of a group somewhere in the states trying to gain or keep power. Alternately, we could be just a group trying to survive the chaos. If you're interested, tell me what you would want to do, most votes will win I suppose. Give me a location/setting and an orientation i.e. trying to gain power.

This is an idea off the top of my head so there's definitely a lot of holes in this idea as of now. Anyway, let me know what you think.

Hey there, Sensei. I am indeed interested, and I would like to purpose this; a group that gets together in New York to try and head for Texas, considering that it's closed off, it must be like a safe haven of some sorts, so I think that that would be the group's best bet. The starting location can be talked over.

You called me Sensei.

so_good.png

Anyway, that sounds like a solid idea. Good room for expansion in it and a road for a lot of possibilities and exploration.

Thanks b0ss, in fact, you should thank Chin Chin. Safari Man doesn't like him, though.

maxresdefault.jpg

Ssshshshsshshsssssshhhhhhh, don't call Pink Guy a nightmare, b0ss. He's just a misunderstood bunch of chromosomes.

This seems very interesing. Nice touch with the Wolfenstein by the way. Would you mind if I started drawing a draft for the borders? It'd be open to edit of course.

All populations are approximate

The Oriental Colonies- 37 Million, oligarchy

California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington

(Owned by mostly the Chinese, self explanatory)

The colonies are mostly being used for mines and on average, their residents are lower class.

The oriental colonies were established quite quickly as small raider bands were crushed by Asia's military might. The survivors along with immigrants found industrial jobs.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120705011008/althistory/images/2/23/China_Flag_2.gif

The English Empiric Republic- 24 million, constitutional monarchy

Maine, New York, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania

(Owned by mostly the British, self explanatory)

The republic is used in trade and food growth, on average, it's citizen are middle class.

The English Empiric Republic (sometimes shortened to The EER) had a fairly peaceful beginning. After the first skirmishes from bandits, the people of New England were happy to find a new government to protect them. The people often kept their old jobs in the peaceful transition.

http://ggrc-sar-il.org/grand union flag.bmp

The Canadian Annexation- 26 million, constitutional monarchy

Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, North Dakota, Illinois, Indiana

(Owned entirely by the Canadians, self explanatory)

The annexation is used for food production, it's citizens are middle class.

The Canadian Annexation was proposed by Michigan and Wisconsin when the U.S. was splitting into pieces. To keep from being invaded by the Oriental Colonies, Canada was allowed to take their territory. One by one as the situation became more grim more states joined the annexation. Some worker kept their jobs, while other joined the fishing industry.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101010082519/althistory/images/1/16/Victoriaflag.png

The Texan Federation- 16 million, Jeffersonian government

Texas, New Mexico, Parts of Mexico

(A small nation-state which holds much of its power in Texas)

The federation, being a powerhouse, is used mainly for energy, most of it's citizen are either middle or upper class.

Texas faced invasions from many groups, Mexico, The Oriental Colonies, and a few bandit nations, but prevailed and became one of the major American powerhouses. Texas along with New Mexico (which was peacefully annexed by Texas during a after a battle with the colonies) residents usually kept their jobs otherwise they got into energy or ranching.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f7/Flag_of_Texas.svg/2000px-Flag_of_Texas.svg.png

The Briers-Smithison Coalition- 4 million, anarchy

Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, Missouri

(A group of bandit states agreeing to support each other to defend their borders)

The coalition is used mostly for food growth, the majority of it's citizens are lower class.

The coalition was formed after a bloody battle between throughout the Midwest. Rather than face collapse, the bandit leaders negotiated a truce. Almost all survivors are now thugs or slaves.

The Plains Nation- 6 million, anarchy

Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, Arizona

(See above)

The Plains Nation is used mostly for food growth and energy production, most of it's citizens are middle to lower class. Comparatively one of the nicer anarchist states to live in.

The rest of the Midwest was being overwhelmed by the combined force of the coalition and formed The Plains Nation to keep from being overrun. Similar to the coalition, Plainians almost all been turned to banditry, or slavery.

The Georgian Pact- 11 million, anarchy

Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky,Mississippi, Alabama

(See above)

The pact is mainly used for food growth, many of it's citizens live below the poverty line or lower class.

The pact was created as the U.S. began to crumble and was meant to be a stronghold of hope. However as the pact rotted from the inside out, what started as a chance for the future became a ferocious bandit nation. (See above for jobs)

The Stretch- 5 million, anarchy

Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri

The Stretch is used mostly for conquest, the majority of it's citizens are below the poverty line.

(See above)

The stretch was all that was left when the other major forces had occupied the U.S. They collaborated to keep from being overrun, but once the threat was gone, The Stretch turned to total anarchy. The stretch is at a boiling point and all it will take is a single action to tip them over the edge. Many factions plan in taking the stretch, but don't have the courage to attack first. Stretchers, as they are called are made up of hundreds of bandit clans, civilians are little to nonexistent.

Not really sure what to do with Alaska and Hawaii. If I had to guess I'd say either Russia or Canada got Alaska and Hawaii became an independent nation.

@Sensei Fox

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds all good to me. I doubt we'll have anything to do with Hawaii anyway so we can just let them go native for something.

Glad I could be of service, I'll continue to update it. I'm quite interested in this thread.

Populations possibly and a clear label of the government type in each area.

I think Russia would also take Alaska rather than Canada.

Looks interesting as hell.

Can't say I have a massive knowledge of the states, though, being from the UK and all.

Would it be possible to make my character from the UK? Like, maybe her parents moved there at the beginning, and then they got killed, tragic back-story ect?

Sensei, I have brought news from Chin Chin (I know I'm actually just saying penis in Japanese and cheers in French, but watever), he has already thought out a decent character. I have rewarded him with a sacrifice.

SpectroVector said:
Looks interesting as hell.
Can't say I have a massive knowledge of the states, though, being from the UK and all.

Would it be possible to make my character from the UK? Like, maybe her parents moved there at the beginning, and then they got killed, tragic back-story ect?
Well, seeing as New England was seized by mostly the UK I imagine some British would move there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back