• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Feral Summer

when i revamp, where should the setting be?

• Total voters

tiny grass is dreaming

tender fragrant grass ♡・゚✧*゚
Among the remote mountain island of Ulleung-do lies a summer camp for junior high to high school students. There are many reasons why the youth take their places within this camp. Maybe they were sent by their parents to give them something to do over the summer, or maybe they've been going to this camp year after year. Whatever the reason may be, each youth knows that there is a place for everyone in this camp.

Within the Feral Summer there are five cabins divided up into two rivalries. There are the Carnivores(predators) and the Herbivores(prey). There is a neutral cabin, the Bears who are the only omnivorous cabin. Among the Carnivores there are the Tigers and the Wolves. The herbivorous cabins are the Deer and the Squirrels. Herbivores are usually the youngest/newest campers.
Each cabin has certain personality types, and there is a week-long initiation in the beginning of the program that determines which cabin a youth will be sorted into.

Where will you fit in this Feral Summer?
sOoOoO I've been looking around but haven't found any rps that really oiled my rusty inspo gears, so I thought about bringing back an old rp that never lasted past the first stages. the camp kind of works in a way that harry potter/percy Jackson does but without the mythology or magic. before it was based in south korea(to explain any weird names and terms you may find in this description), and i'm debating on whether to make it Korean based or north America based. it just depends on the kind of interest I get. (if it turns out Korean based western faceclaims will still be accepted, but it should be mostly Korean/east Asian)
i'm just gonna put down the descriptions I had for each of the houses, but keep in mind they may be subject to change through this revamp.​
CARNIVORES
TIGERS
smallest cabin. the cool kids that everyone looks up to. always older/more experienced campers. no first year camper has ever been in this cabin. second year campers are extremely rare​
the most popular and charismatic campers get sorted into this cabin. clever, witty, intelligent, aloof. physically athletic and strong. great tree climbers. very territorial. usually fearless, very independent individuals. usually always undermines the wolves despite their efforts to get under the tiger's skin, effortlessly shoots them down with their wit​
WOLVES
second smallest cabin. very exclusive and elitist. cliquey and have an internal social hierarchy. loyal to one another but picks on everyone else. will be bullyish to anyone but until they're actually promoted into their cabin they will welcome a camper like they have been one of their own all along. first years in this cabin are rare but not an anomaly. can be very patronizing towards cubs, they treat them like children. cubs get tough love to make them stronger. very territorial. passionate and loyal. those who love the concept of destiny. physically athletic, fast runners noted for their stamina and endurance. have declared war against the tigers despite being under the same alliance, because they think they're the coolest and should be the most respected, but really the tigers' cabin is the most looked up to.​

OMNIVORES
BEARS
neutral cabin between all rivalries, the carnivores and herbivores / tigers and wolves. oftentimes caught in between the feuding carnivores as the dogs like to drag them in in order to get more youths on their side. may become subject to threats and blackmail by the more passionate wolves. extremely protective of anyone young regardless of alliance or cabin, but especially their own cubs. sweets lovers. independent thinkers. one gets sorted into the bears when they aren't weak enough to get sorted into the herbivores, but don't fit into the wolves or tigers. many bears tend to be misfits and delinquents in their own schools.​

HERBIVORES
DEER
the quiet, reserved, and/or calm campers. usually cubs. there are many hermit type youths in this cabin, nerds and geeks who spend all their time at home, online or studying. most of them were sent to the camp by their parents in order to get them out of the house and actually active for the summer. the easily frightened and physically weak. one of the two most populated cabins.

SQUIRRELS
skittish and spaz-like personalities get sorted into this cabin. the most hyper youths get sorted here. much like the bears, this cabin has lots of 'outcasts' and 'weirdos'. said youths who don't usually fit in with others in their own schools can find many quirky youths much like themselves in this cabin. this cabin has the most cubs and the youngest campers. called the maknae cabin even though there are many hyung and noona campers in this cabin as well. one of the two most populated cabins.

Last edited:
interested~
i've been deciding whether to say something for like ten million years istg

Last edited:
damn. how long has it been since the last Feral Summer

95a.gif

i'm in btw

so, ive decided to base the rp in north america so that i can include everyone who’s interested in joining. dont be discouraged if you voted on sk in the poll because south korean/asian faceclaims are still highly encouraged! diversity in general is very highly encouraged in this roleplay, so please refrain from using too many white faceclaims <3 (just because i feel like poc are something that should be represented a lot more in rp tbh) multiple characters too are something that i’d love to see! i forgot to mention in the first post, but middle school characters are also allowed.
ill start working on getting the threads up, probably by tonight, so get thinking friends <3<3

Realistic/Modern - Feral Summer Campers
cs thread is up!
note that changing the setting from south korea to north america meant that there would be changes in the representing animals for the cabins(the camp is now based in canada, and they dont have much of the same wildlife that south korea does at all), but i also changed up each of the cabin dynamics too. the carnivore cabins are no longer fueding because i want to focus more on the predator and prey rivalry this time around.
not everything is up yet, theres still a bit more info to be added, but for now everyone can start working on their character sheets and update them once the new information gets posted (stay tuned for info on the “given name” part of the character sheet, its mandatory for the finished product but don’t worry about it for now)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back