• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy FEAR & HUNGER - Dungeon-Crawling Terror

Abhartach

🆄🅶🅻🆈
FEAR &
HUNGER
THE PREMISE
scroll enabled.

300 YEARS AGO, humankind slaughtered the Old Gods, and buried their corpses far beneath the earth. Their gargantuan mausoleum - a fortress in itself - was later repurposed as a grisly dungeon amidst the Great War. However, with the passing of time, the prison succumbed to unearthly influences, and its inhabitants were twisted by the makings of the ancient madness which bled from below.

The dungeon was abandoned, and condemned by the monarchy as forbidden ground.

In the present, the Kingdom faces its next war, bracing against continual civil unrest. A Lord awakens one morning to find his young daughter missing, and a note left in her absence:

"MEET ME IN THE GREAT DARK --
WHERE THE GODS MET THEIR END."

Enveloped by grief, the Lord promises the bulk of his wealth to anyone who might retrieve his daughter safely, and enlists the aid of four adventurers to break the dungeon's seal. Each individual harbours their own motivations for delving into the forbidden depths, knowing that even the most esteemed warriors would not dare to face its hideous shadows, and the horrors that are concealed within...

The adventurers must prepare to face the most ancient of phobias.

The Dungeon of Fear & Hunger awaits.

empty
hearts
WHAT TO EXPECT
scroll enabled.

With a story inspired by the titular game Fear & Hunger, as well as Stephen King's Macroverse, Berserk, and Dark Souls, you can expect:

‣ 001 An intense, freeform-strutured 'choose-your-own-adventure,' where every decision counts. Characters will face unspeakable horror, and the risk of permanent injury and recusant madness is high.
‣ 002 An on-site in-character thread with a Discord server aid, used to discuss potential character decisions and actions.
‣ 003 An expansive bestiary and lore logbook, detailing everything the party has encountered and fought thus far.
‣ 004 A plotline guided and narrated by the GM. The group will be challenged, broken, and separated on multiple occasions. The ending is not absolute. There are fates worse than death.

THE CHARACTERS
Players will be given full creative freedom over their characters, but I have broken the party down into the following archetypes to keep things balanced:

☼ THE MERCENARY: Quick, cunning. Everything has a price, even unearthly horrors.

☼ THE MAGICIAN: The call of insidious knowledge is worthy bait for this one...

☼ THE SURVIVALIST: A skilled trapper, born of the hunt.

☼ THE KNIGHT: Strong, and just. They were born with great purpose.

If this picks up enough interest, I'll open up applications and post character sheets and a Discord invite link. As their are only four spots, I'll be basing my selections on activity and quality. I'll likely be hosting many more stories like this one, so don't be disheartened if you don't make it into this one!

© pasta

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back