Anime & Manga Favorite Manga?

Iskandar

Doujin Expert
<p>

I am sure this question has been asked a whole lot, but I am curious, what is everyone's favorite or top three Manga of all time?

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really follow series as they're being released, I generally just read all that's translated and then forget about things for a while to let another backlog to build up. My manga reading is really sporadic besides that as I go months without reading anything then go through a few series in a burst.

It makes it hard for me to pick favorites, but right now I'm reading Helck and enjoying it quite a bit. I wasn't sure if I would at first as I'm pretty tired of the 'demon king and hero' trope that's really common in fantasy manga and anime lately but it's utilized in a way that is very well done here.

Akame Ga Kill! it's amazing, the manga is amazing unlike the anime which is utter shit and might as well considered a standalone.

Fairy Tail is starting to get interesting with all of the new faces and Zeref giving up on looking for a way to kill himself.

Assassination Classroom is coming to a close and I'm expecting something big at the ending, something the fans won't expect

Well Akame ga Kill's anime adaptation was a stand alone. The Author of the Series told the Director to take the Anime anywhere he wanted!

Not a fan of Fairy Tail, never caught my attention!

I need to start Assassination Classroom and Haikyuu since they are SJ's two biggest Manga after Food Wars.

I don't mean to be cliche, but honestly Full Metal Alchemist will always remain my favorite manga. Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood will always remain my favorite anime as well.

MY favorite Manga are ones that probably don't have a anime counterpart. I have tons of faves but I love rereading lesser known manga like "From Far Away" and "Red River" I also like ones with animes like Skip Beat, Magi and Noragami its just so hard to pick just one!

I liked Taiyou no Ie, Noragami and Bakuman. Especially Bakuman, it was really inspiring for me (and it had a really meta plot)

Yeah, I also watched that too. It's also pretty good in my opinion. It does have a few differences (the anime cutting off some parts from the manga else it will be way too long) but all in all still pretty fun to watch. It also had a live-action movie adaptation, but I think it won't have a subtitled version for quite some time.

I love love love the Black Butler manga! It's so much better than the anime.

Ouran High School Host Club!!! Lovelovelovelove it

I also love SAO Aincrad because a) Kirito and b)the storyline is great

I'm trying to collect first volumes of manga O.o So far I have these three, Pandora Hearts, Blue Exorcist, Sailor Moon (not a fan), Tsubasa, and Fairy Tail. Small collection, but I don't have a job and books are expensive xD

HoneyPhantomhive said:
I love love love the Black Butler manga! It's so much better than the anime.
Ouran High School Host Club!!! Lovelovelovelove it

I also love SAO Aincrad because a) Kirito and b)the storyline is great

I'm trying to collect first volumes of manga O.o So far I have these three, Pandora Hearts, Blue Exorcist, Sailor Moon (not a fan), Tsubasa, and Fairy Tail. Small collection, but I don't have a job and books are expensive xD
Haha. Nice list. I'll have to look some of them up.

And I know, like at a bookstore most are Ten to Fifteen Dollars. Amazon sells a lot of them for cheap. Like a series that I read that is ongoing sells each volume for 5 bucks

Definitely gonna go with One Punch Man. I had it suggested to me by a friend, so I read a few chapters. Next thing I knew it was 9am the next day and I burned through the entire series. Such a good parody of shonen/super hero comics.

Gellion said:
Definitely gonna go with One Punch Man. I had it suggested to me by a friend, so I read a few chapters. Next thing I knew it was 9am the next day and I burned through the entire series. Such a good parody of shonen/super hero comics.
Haha. that is one I wanna start, after watching the Anime I need some more One Punch man. On KissManga I believe they have 60 chapters or so.

@HoneyPhantomhive Yeah, just checked, the series I buy ranges from 6 to 10 dollars, which is still pretty good. Yeah at Book-A-Million the prices range from 10 dollars to 25.

[QUOTE="Jacob Berry]Haha. that is one I wanna start, after watching the Anime I need some more One Punch man. On KissManga I believe they have 60 chapters or so.

[/QUOTE]
They're gonna have to make a second season of that anime. It only gets better from there, with them playing on the villain trope next! I'm so excited to see it animated!

Dude, I love reading new stories so much...

Still, my top 3 would be:

1. REAL - Takehiko Inoue
  2. Vagabond - Takehiko Inoue
  3. Berserk - Kentaro Miura

Number 2 and 3 are always switching lol Love those 3 way too much.

D.Gray-Man, hands down. Haven't caught up with its latest chapter though ;w;

Bakuman and Cat Street come in second and third respectively.

I have so many favorites, I'm not sure what to pick. Maybe anything by Fukumoto, especially Kaiji (I've given up on an anime adaptation of the other parts by now.) Or Kyou Kara Ore Wa, or JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Or a 4koma like Gochiusa. I can't decide.

What I remember at the moment.

Older Favorites:

Gakuen Alice

Pandora Heart

Newer Favorites:

Tokyo Ghoul: re

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu(finished)

Noragami

Black Haze(yes!)

ReLife

I'm bad at narrowing things down since I'm up to date with all of them. They also all got a piece of my heart. 0-0

[QUOTE="Hana Koen]
What I remember at the moment.
Older Favorites:

Gakuen Alice

Pandora Heart

Newer Favorites:

Tokyo Ghoul: re

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu(finished)

Noragami

Black Haze(yes!)

ReLife

I'm bad at narrowing things down since I'm up to date with all of them. They also all got a piece of my heart. 0-0

[/QUOTE]
Nice, are these a mix of anime and manga? I just finished season 1 of Noragami, and I plan on reading ReLife

Users who are viewing this thread

Back