Favorite last gen games

Epax

The 16 year old who can't even (Insert thing here)
Welcome. Feel free to List your favorite games from the Xbox 360, Ps3, Wii, Ds, Pc ect. Mine are and why (In this order)

1.Drawn to Life, The Next Chaper (Ds version). This game seems like a happy fun stupid kids game with a goofy concept and art style. But it can get really dark. Like in the first 5 minutes it throws you into an emotional story and opening cinematic explaining how the main villan came to be. In the game itself you are a god who controls the color of the world. The hero (That you can draw :3) is essentially your son. As all the characters talk to him if they need help with Restoring color to a second part of a town. Or many other things. I could go on and on about this game. But that's another discussion. The wii version is okay but I liked the ds version way better.

2.Borderlands: (Xbox 360, Pc, and Ps3) This game is an rpg shooter that doesn't take Itself too seriously. It's humor comes off of something that wouldn't be an any other shooter. Besides Duke Nukem It has good characters like Patricia Tannis, Scooter, Marcus, ect. Not to mention its BARBARIC amount of guns and loot. How many guns are in that game? I think it was Bazzilion

3. Rock band 2. (360, Ps3, Wii) This game is my whole teenage life, and still is. I remember when I first got this. One mic a guitar with plastic buttons and a drum set with 4 pads. I sucked at it but then I went on to go to the top of the leader board for "Battery" with 3 other friends. I played Every instrument and did pretty well with them. Vocals was the one I was best at but guitar is my favorite. This can be a game you play by yourself or have a huge gathering with some friends over it.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Phantom Brave - On the Wii, mostly because I found a main character that I could easily relate to in Marona, and the game mechanics in and of themselves were quite fun. Especially when I could engage in absurdities like smashing enemies with a tree, a bush, or even a fish.

2. Fortune Street - Also on the Wii, a very interesting take on the Monopoly style of gameplay. Someone annoying you with soaking up property you wanted, but they've been developing other areas? Buy it out from under them! Or use the stock market to undercut their profits! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!

3. Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Finally, I didn't have to deal with the Fox Only aspect of Final Destination matches anymore. Plus, having a bigger roster was a godsend. Mained Lucas by the time I had settled in the game. A shame Metaknight was broken due to disjointed hitboxes though. Though it does explain his... current state in Smash 4.

Bluerockman said:
1. Phantom Brave - On the Wii, mostly because I found a main character that I could easily relate to in Marona, and the game mechanics in and of themselves were quite fun. Especially when I could engage in absurdities like smashing enemies with a tree, a bush, or even a fish.
2. Fortune Street - Also on the Wii, a very interesting take on the Monopoly style of gameplay. Someone annoying you with soaking up property you wanted, but they've been developing other areas? Buy it out from under them! Or use the stock market to undercut their profits! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!

3. Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Finally, I didn't have to deal with the Fox Only aspect of Final Destination matches anymore. Plus, having a bigger roster was a godsend. Mained Lucas by the time I had settled in the game. A shame Metaknight was broken due to disjointed hitboxes though. Though it does explain his... current state in Smash 4.
I had mained Lucas and falco. But I hate the changes Nintendo made to those 2 characters in smash 4

Metal Gear Solid 4

Can't get enough codec calls, cutscenes, extremely ridiculous but still somewhat engaging plot (Seriously, Revolver Ocelot getting possesed by an arm?), Snake repeating "Metal Gear?!?" in his awesome voice, cutscenes, all the fun stuff.

On The DS I loved all the Mario RPG's. On Wii I believe I most enjoyed SSBB and Mario kart Wii. Those are just two games I can think of at the moment

Okami on the Wii.

Great gameplay, story, soundtrack, everything. And despite being a port it's a third party Wii game that actually made an effort to use the motion controls and do it well. A lot of people can be put off by the brush system but that's because it actually takes a bit to get the hang of. So many Wii games either can't be arsed to use the motion controls of do a horrendous job and end up with nothing but bad waggle.

I am an obvious fan of the PS3 release from Square Kingdom Heart's 2.5. There is a lot of more tasks to complete with a whole new difficulty to challenge fans of the series. It's fun running through the old games that were a part of the PS2. But, Dynasty Warriors 3 was one of my favorites on the PS2 system.

It's hard to pick an overall favorite game, and this game definitely isn't it, but for some reason I liked Ninja Blade. It wasn't a great game and I don't think many people played it, but it had some kind of strange appeal that always made me go back to it. I might play through it again one day just to remember what it was like since I haven't even picked it up in years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back