Other Favorite Comics?

call me rae

Closing this account
So finally got the chance to hit up my local library for some new graphic novels/comics.

And I thought I'd see if there were any other sweaty comic nerds out there on RPNation?

If so join the discussion my friends!

Let you fan flag fly and answer the following questions :

Who is your favorite comic character? The Flash Family. And yes I realize that's not a single character but I love their dynamics and their powers and the fact that they are literally a family of awesome superheroes with remarkably little dysfunction among them.

Favorite Comic Book Storyline? That's a toughie but I'd have to say Kingdom Come. It was super sad and really made you think about what being a hero means. Plus the artwork was the business.

What was the first Comic book you ever read? Flash Rebirth. I loved loved loved it! Flash family for the win!

And lastly the age old question : Marvel or DC? Which is better? No comment. I haven't read any marvel books yet so I don't have an opinion.

Who is your favorite comic character? I love so many, but if I'm forced to pick one I would choose Aquaman.

Favorite Comic Book Storyline? All-Star Superman. I would argue that it's the greatest superhero comic ever written. Obviously that's subjective, but I would still happily make the effort. I plan to read it to my children in the future.

What was the first Comic book you ever read? The first one I can recall is a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic where one of turtles had an all black stealth suit... That's going back a ways.

And lastly the age old question : Marvel or DC? Which is better? I like Marvel but I love DC. There's no Gotham equivalent, Superman equivalent (in terms of significance), or Wonder Woman equivalent; and no other team of supers stacks up to the majesty of the Justice League.

Who is your favorite comic character? Na na na na na na na, Batman! No other character has the philosophical depth behind them like Bats does. Superman comes close, but no cigar.

Favorite Comic Book Storyline? Watchmen. It single-handedly made us question what it truly means to be a hero.

What was the first Comic book you ever read? Oh boy, um... I think it was one of those B:TAS comics from back in the day.

Marvel or DC? Which is better? Take a guess.

Who is your favorite comic character? Gotta be Batman. He really seems like the most realistic and human hero that I've read about in comics. He carries a lot of depth behind him which I like a lot.

Favorite Comic Book Storyline? Without a doubt it's Batman: Hush. I could argue why it's my favourite and think it's the best comic story written, but when it comes down to it, I like it so much because it's Batman written at his best and as he should be. Dark Knight Returns is probably second along with 'What's So Funny About Truth, Justice & the American Way?'.

What was the first Comic book you ever read? Oh boy, I can't remember. I think it was a Punisher comic my dad had lying around, or maybe one of the early X-men.

Marvel or DC? Which is better? While Marvel is great in it's own way, I've gotta say DC. I feel like Marvel is always on about making their characters super powerful with some exceptions, and while DC does this sometimes (ESPECIALLY with superman) I've always felt they've stuck more to their characters. Plus, I've always felt DC has made villains that are way more interesting, except maybe Magneto and Dr.Doom.

Oh my, here goes nothing:

Who is your favorite comic character? Death from the Sandman series. Which has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a huge fan for Neil Gaiman. At all. I swear.

Favorite Comic Book Storyline? Currently I am absolutely enamoured with Death Vigil, I love the characters and am hooked on the plot. The art is beautiful, it doesn't take itself too seriously. Seriously, check it out.

What was the first Comic book you ever read? Does Calvin and Hobbes count? I'm pretty sure we had one of the books at home when I was really tiny. Although it could also be an Asterix and Obelix comic, those were the first I bought, at least.

Marvel or DC? Which is better? I don't care. Do people really need to fight about this? They both have talented writers and artists, and they both made tons of questionable choices. It comes down to personal taste in the end. I like storylines and characters from both Marvel and DC verses without either of them outweighing the other, and that suits me fine.

Who is your favorite comic character? Ehh... Tough choice, but I would say anyone from the Lantern Corps. I personally like how they visit other planets unlike most other DC comics.

Favorite Comic Book Storyline? I would say Batman Endgame

What was the first Comic book you ever read? The first comic I've read was Civil War on digital a few years ago. And hey! It's becoming a movie!

Marvel or DC? Which is Better? I would say DC, but that's mostly because I've read mostly DC so far and not that much Marvel. Though I deeply enjoy Rick Remender's writing for Marvel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back