Other Favorite Bread?

Except sometimes the ones at Panera Bread have a really fucking chewy outside and it’s really unpleasant to bite into.
O_O...

what foul heresy is this?

Someone get some holy fire to burn this false baking company to the ground!

Seriously what is your favorite type of bread? Mine is sourdough! (Irish soda bread comes at a close second!)

This one is tough!

The Irish soda bread my local market sells is fantastic toasted with some Irish butter on it. It has raisins in it, which really create a satisfying savory-sweet character.

I do love a good baguette fresh out of the oven. My Grandpa (of Italian descent) was involved in the French bread business in the Oakland/San Francisco Bay Area back in the day so I grew up eating great French bread with good olive oil or butter. These days I like my custom olive oil blend which is basil and chipotle olive oils, enhanced with ground black pepper and Himalayan salt.

Those are roughly tied for 1st place overall. But I have rye bread more often, both at home and at restaurants with breakfast.

Also I really like focaccia bread (thanks again to the Italian side of the family), but don't have it very often. It's an Italian bread with flavors like rosemary, garlic, salt, and olive oil. In a way it's an alternative to garlic bread, but with less focus on garlic. I've had some that is almost like a pizza, with bruschetta topping--an Italian "salsa" of sorts with tomatoes, basil, garlic, salt, and olive oil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back