Music Favorite album from one of your fav bands?

Spectral

As a lil ghostie like myself, I like some pretty good music! :ghostv:

my favorite album from one of my favorite bands:

:alien:Rings of Saturn FTW:alien:

I know I’m probably one of the only people on this site who knows who he is (and I suppose he’s not a band but oh well), but the 2015 album High on the Tulsa Heat by John Moreland is one of the best albums of my very small musical taste that I can honestly say I like every song on the album. John Moreland is kind of a difficult one to fit, genre-wise. Some say he’s country (though he says he isn’t), some day he’s Americana, or folk, or even folk-rock. I generally like country, some Americana, folk, that sort of weird stuff. But when it comes to John Moreland, I don’t think I’ve heard a better songwriter. It’s hard to really compare him to Jason Isbell, another incredible songwriter (see his 2013 album Southeastern or “If We Were Vampires). John Moreland writes songs that are so blunt and hit you hard because of the truth behind it. For me, personally, a number of his songs have touched home on a personal level, “Cleveland County Blues,” being the song by far that explained my life a year ago.

If you’re into that kind of music, I HIGHLY recommend John Moreland (High on the Tulsa Heat album), and while I’m at it, Jason Isbell (Southeastern and “If We Were Vampires). Though, when you listen, you have to really focus on the lyrics. There’s a hell of a lot of meaning behind every line.

From someone I am 99.99% sure no one has heard of, The Way by Zack Hemsey. This dude is great. His works are mostly known through movie sound tracks such as The Candidate and for the classic Inception theme Mind Heist. The Way was his second album, made (all the way back) in 2011. It held a few classics like Vengeance, which stared in the movie The Equalizer, The Way was also the title of a song in that album, and See What I've Become. A lot of it is just instrumental, but with the quality of this music it doesn't really need lyrics. The album is great for focusing in my opinion, and it's even better when you just listen to the instrumentals. To be honest, it was Hemsey's Ronin album that really caught my attention, but The Way won my heart. I highly suggest you give him a listen, great artist.

3b3137a08b8bf22969ae75f6bfeed67f_L.jpg

The Sin and the Sentence by Trivium might quite literally be the best album to date, only matched by Shogun or Ascendancy. It's a product of years of experience, surely, a culmination of all the techniques and signatures they picked up in their previous albums.

Plus, the cover's pretty awesome.

For Panic! at the Disco it's either "Vices of Virtues" or "Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die" because they're both so emotional and nice sounding. Definitely, ones I listen to on repeat when I'm having one of those days.

For Beartooth (an equally favorite artist), I think... "Disgusting" or "Aggressive"

Deathconsciousness by Have a Nice Life is a masterpiece to me. It's a conceptual double-album about depression, nihilism, society, and man's relationship with God. It has some extremely experimental, yet strangely captivating instrumentation, as well as some of the most depressing, poetic, and sometimes darkly humorous lyrics I've ever heard.

From someone I am 99.99% sure no one has heard of, The Way by Zack Hemsey. This dude is great. His works are mostly known through movie sound tracks such as The Candidate and for the classic Inception theme Mind Heist. The Way was his second album, made (all the way back) in 2011. It held a few classics like Vengeance, which stared in the movie The Equalizer, The Way was also the title of a song in that album, and See What I've Become. A lot of it is just instrumental, but with the quality of this music it doesn't really need lyrics. The album is great for focusing in my opinion, and it's even better when you just listen to the instrumentals. To be honest, it was Hemsey's Ronin album that really caught my attention, but The Way won my heart. I highly suggest you give him a listen, great artist.
Wow!... End of an Era is one of my fav songs! Kudos dude :xFsmile:

It changes all the time but I've been loving MANIA fro Fall Out Boy recently. It's usually either that or Take This To Your Grave.

Dark Passion Play by Nightwish.
despite it being their first album with a different vocalist, I just loved all the songs there. And my favourite song is Amaranth.

Travellar by The Lord Weird Slough Feg.

If you'd like a mash of Thin Lizzy and Iron Maiden making a concept album based on a galactic tabletop rpg of the same name concerning space pirates, mad scientists, and dog men then this is for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back