Video Games Fav RPG?

9dbe27f370e7e4680e0c535c225314a0.gif

Xenogears, all day long. No contest. Best story line in gaming history.

Some honorable mentions would be SaGa Frontier, FF7, really any FF before 9, when they went to complete and utter shit.

EDIT: Also, Fallout is a shooter with RPG elements. You kids have no idea what a real RPG is.
Excuse me, why haven't we met before? Xenogears forever! I still have my game to this day. I even made a suck ass story about Abel and a guide book about characters, places, etc.

Skies of Arcadia. Not that length dictates quality, but at a good 125 hours (main and side quests) that's a god damn adventure. Anybody who likes turn-based JRPGs should at the very least check out some game play.

Bloodborne. Tales of The Abyss. Tales of Berseria. Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. Dark Souls.
That's all this tired brain can think of.
Hell yes, Tales of Berseria!

So manyyyyyy

Skyrim, Dark Souls, Dragon Age (Inquisition is my fave but they're all great), and the Fire Emblem series are my favourites off the top of my head lol

The buggy 2004 cult classic Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines!!
Something about the atmosphere and the writing and the characters that feel so alive (heh)-- It's just amazing and I've never played a game that felt like it or emulates that same living, dark, humorous world without stepping into edgy territory.

As for more mainstream RPGs, Fallout New Vegas and ES: Oblivion are very very high on the list, too. STALKER Call of Pripyat is a favourite of mine as well. Nothing like running into a hole in the ground to escape the sky exploding to have a short guy in a hoodie living in there implode your brain.

I think either Dragon Age: Inquisition or Divinity Original Sin 2
Both feel like home to me anytime I play them.

For an RPG, I've always loved the Fallout games since you could choose what to say and influence how NPCs react to you. I also am an avid Mass Effect fan for the original trilogy.

Nowadays, I'm mostly playing either Diablo 3 on my PC or Quest Hunter on my Switch.

JRPG-wise, I really enjoy Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy 12; western RPG wise, Skyrim and Mass Effect have my votes!

Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin.....

Skyrim.

Dragon Age has and will always be my favorite RPG. I've been playing for years and know waaaay too much about the franchise. I've even got a tattoo planned for it. In Inquisition alone, I've got almost 2k hours. It's insane. However, I'm also a huge Fire Emblem fan. Especially Fire Emblem: Awakening. I even named my daughter Lucina.

That said, Pokemon will always have a special place in my heart. I've grown up playing it since Red/Blue and will play Sword/Shield when it comes out. I'm also a big Sims fan. So there are a ton of games I enjoy... but DA is 100% at the top.

For me, it's got to be between Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and FFXIII. I don't even think FFXIII is the best FF game, it just has a special place in my heart since it's the first FF game I completed in entirety by myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back