• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/Sapporo Holy Grail War IC

Abastor Cromwell

Running into their first enemies so early was troubling to say the least, especially without being able to set up a single point of defense or an escape route, but it could prove quite useful as well in the long run. Seeing as they were standing in front of them it ruled out Caster or Assassin, which left Saber, Archer, Rider, or Berserker.

"Lancer, they seem to be giving us an invitation, it would be rude of us to pass it up just because we have other obligations." he kept his cool while sliding his hand into his pocket, firmly grasping his pocket watch in case things got bad enough that he had to use it. Under his breath he spoke to his Servant. "Try not to fight too seriously, test the waters and the moment you feel like we've gathered enough information I want to put as much space between us as possible. If you think you can kill them quickly here then I'll allow it, but otherwise stick to that basic strategy." he took out a vial from inside his coat and quickly swallowed it down, feeling the magic contained within harden his body. It would do little against the might of a Servant, but if the Master tried to attack him it was a valuable form of defense.

CatJones CatJones Soulmuse Soulmuse

Servant Assassin

The moment Assassin's highly trained ears heard the sound of feet approaching the front of the Church he took to spirit form and rose to the highest levels of the Church, allowing the particles that made up his form to stick to the shadows through use of his Presence Concealment, more then enough to hide himself from a Servant unless they got lucky or if he decided to attack. And unless his Master was harmed in some way he would stay his hand for the moment. Part of him considered lining the exit to the Church with a few traps for an easy defeat of those who stood between himself and the Grail, but thought better of it due to the fact that his Master would no doubt be quite cross by him turning her place of worship into a warzone if his first attack didn't strike a killing blow.

Still at least he was confident in his skills to leave this building the moment his Master made a move for the door. The worst case scenario involved him taking his true form and running away like the devil was nipping at his heels. And given that most Servants in this war could sneeze hard enough at him and he would explode it would be best to make it twice that speed.

Hanarei Hanarei Phayne Phayne leonhardt231 leonhardt231 ExplosionMagic ExplosionMagic

Ito and Berserker

Nako felt a smug smile spread rapidly across her face. She was enjoying this to much. She didn't even know who her opponents were, all she knew was that her heart was pounding in her chest so loudly she could hear in it her ears. The Ito family curse was something she intended to avoid at all costs, instead focusing on reminding her opponents they were in an area where they had a high chance of being detected by non-mages. Which is was the usual big no-no of a Grail war.

“Hey, you're really not thinking of doing it here, are you?” She asked in an incredulous tone. Talking down to people was something the Ito were great at. She needed to fight that urge. “If you fight here, pretty good chance we get randoms involved. You really in the mood to start killing at random?”

She turned to Berserker who shook her head. Neither of them were willing to kill the general populace. Even if the festival was still going on, that didn't mean that everyone was going to stay for the entire thing. There weren't any fireworks planned for that night, so it was only a short while before people would start coming back that way. Ito backed off a few feet, Berserker staying in front just in case they were more willing to attack.

“It would be better if we went some where more quiet. I know it makes no sense to believe that I'm not gonna jerk you around but I have no interest in fighting the way my family does. We'll fight you honorably, just not here. Meet me at the brewery, on the far side of the festival, towards the northeast. Its running on automation right now. There won't be anyone there to interfere.”

Nako began to walk away, Berserker holding her ground a few moments longer before bringing her hands up, one in a fist and the other with her fingers pressed together and pointing. She placed the fist against the palm of her other hand and gave a small bow; it was a martial arts bow, meant to show respect to an opponent.

“Don't keep us waiting.”

Lordxana0 Lordxana0 Soulmuse Soulmuse

Zoey Moirai

1MGIgNH.jpg

The young Master looked to Assassin as he spoke up voicing some concern directed primarily towards her. She had purposely neglected a few details in regard to the missing Burial Agency as to not raise too many flags though perhaps it was a mistake to do so. In some part it felt nice having someone be concerned about her safety. It did also make it feel as if there was some doubt of her own abilities as well. It tempted to speak up immediately though she held her tongue. It wasn't like it bothered her that much it clearly wasn't out of a place of malice at the very least. It was what he said after that really stood out. While he hadn't directly said it, he seemed to speak out in worry about her priority when it came to the grail or this particular mission. It caused her to hesitate to speak only to have Father Mishima speak up instead.

She felt a little relief being uncertain what words to even say to Assassin as the Priest spoke up saying more about the actual operation. It seemed the details of it were pretty much exactly what she had been told the mission was in the first place. She knew there were other agents in play though she didn't know the exact number, though his words seemed to strongly imply there were more then just a few. Before she could find any new details though they were quickly cut off as someone barged in through the doors not at all bothering to knock. Zoey glanced over towards Assassin to only see he already had vanished reacting before she had a chance to give him the word to do so. A bit of a relief for her to say the least. She lifted her hand up tugging at her cross pulling it out so it could be visible. Not really what she wanted to do but given the sudden intrusion it was best to play off just a devote follower to make herself less suspicious.

She shifted in her seat to look back. She could feel only disdain his behavior only fueling her natural bias into suspecting it to be a magus. Given the lack of another by his side it did come off oddly more suspicious then the two women earlier. Still she remained seated keeping where she was clutching at her purse a bit more. Should she stay or should she go? It seemed either way it was going to raise some suspicion... perhaps no way being really ideal at this point. Trying to hide was obviously not going to work as an option either. Assassin not being visible and hiding himself away at least put her in a much better spot of just making herself much more suspicious. She turned her head back looking forward bowing her head lightly as if in prayer.

I'll stay here unless Father Mishima tells me to leave. The festival is nearby and although its late there are still plenty of people around to mingle with.

Her thoughts were directed towards Assassin as she gently clutched her hand as if in prayer looking rather calm and collective. There was no reason to leave unless she was told to do so, after all how would a normal citizen know there was business going on at the Church this time of night that regular people weren't suppose to know about?

Lordxana0 Lordxana0 ExplosionMagic ExplosionMagic CatJones CatJones leonhardt231 leonhardt231

Lucian Oliver Waters Sinclair

index.jpg

Lucian will place a hand over his heart and give a small bow "Good evening Father, I am sorry for the late intrusion, I would have waited outside had I known you had company." He'll look at the women in the room his eyes narrowing just slightly. So she was a master as well, she had no discernible traits on her that would have marked her as a magus, but nobody would come to this church this late without being associated with the grail. Any idiot could figure that out, and surely she and the priest had as well. But if she want's to act the fool then so be it, at times like these, the subtle approach would result in more questions than answers. The direct approach it is.

"Greetings miss it is a pleasure" he'll give the same bow to Zoey and put on a neutral face. "I do not wish to interrupt, but I come on important business" he'll pause and take off his glasses and clean them even though there is clearly nothing on them. "You see I am rather new in town and am not very familiar with the current affairs, but according to the news crime is on the upswing. And I just have to ask if this is related at all to the holy grail war. My servant you see is itching for a fight, and if there is task that needs to be done then we will be more than happy to assist before the war erupts into chaos. Im sure your guest here agrees with me, don't you miss?"
Hanarei Hanarei
Phayne Phayne
ExplosionMagic ExplosionMagic
Lordxana0 Lordxana0

Father Mishima

The younger man was well mannered but somewhat lacking the field of patience. He had no definitive proof that Zoey was a Master in the war, so to so openly speak of it was a risk. That or it was bait to trigger an illicit response from Zoey and designate her as a Master of the Grail War. Either way, a certain degree of fact needed to be used in a situation like this. There was no need to draw ire from someone who was so willing to admit they had a Servant and seemed to lack control over them.

"I must apologize sir, but it is considered a social faux pas to distract someone who is in commune with the Lord. You should leave her be, she has every right to be here as you do, undisturbed." Zoey could fight her own battles but to ignore the societal rules of the Church was his. "As for you other concerns, petty crime would have little, if anything, to do with a Holy Grail War. A Servant has no right to punish mankind for crimes. It would be grounds for dismissal from the war if they were to do so. If your servant is 'itching for a fight', as you put it, then perhaps coming to a neutral ground was not the best use of your time. However, as supervisor of this Holy Grail War, I have the right to ask what class your Servant is."

It was more or less handled. Maybe not effectively but he had some responsibility to both Zoey and the rules. He couldn't give away another Masters identity but he could still perform the responsibilities of his position. Father Mishima paused for a moment before adding one last thing to his own line of questioning.

"You didn't even bother to introduce yourself, either." He might not have been Japanese. However, that was no reason to not act with some tact when meeting people for the first time. There was no reason for them to behave without manners after all.

leonhardt231 leonhardt231 Hanarei Hanarei

Elrose

This was her life now. A servant who was all to willing to not only put up with Nobodies personality but to actively encourage it. She wanted to scream as she was trapped in an awkward hug between the three of them. Rebecca was at least enjoying herself with the offered food and the leisurely mood. Nobody seemed to be quite the glutton. That was a 24-piece tray of takoyaki. That only a few pieces remained was concerning. Though, it wasn't her place to point out the dieting habits of others considering how little she ate.

"Alright. If Mishima doesn't need me back at the Church, that really just leaves one question. Where should we go from here?" Her question was directed at Rebecca but she already had a sneaking feeling she was going to be receiving a second opinion from her other side. "The War officially started at sundown, so there is a chance of running into a hostile enemy now. Especially in a place as secluded as this forest. I have a hotel room I'm using as headquarters but if you want to scout instead, I'm okay with that."

Her mind was already focusing on the strategy of the war, at least as much of it as she could focus on. She didn't know what Rebecca was capable of and couldn't ask in front of someone who didn't need to know that kind of stuff. Nobody was supposed to only be a messenger for Mishima and a general worker for her. Involving her anymore then that was asking for trouble to rain down on the girls head. She couldn't in good conscious risk Nobodies life, even if it was tempting. Rebecca had already admitted that she

MocaPoka MocaPoka CatJones CatJones

(Short response today since I'm going to busy for the rest of it. Sorry)

Caster
1521180968132 (2).png
Rebecca continued to snatch up the offered Takoyaki with carefree abandonment. The small, round confections were strange to her tastes, but warm and filling, nonetheless. She wondered if these small treats were a common food for the masses or an upper-class delicacy for the higher elite. She was somewhat embarrassed to admit that she could not tell or even begin to guess. It further sparked her interest in the current world and time. There were likely several wonders for her to see and explore, that were beyond her current imaginings.

While the summoned woman continued to snack away on the treats, in between her lady like bites, and with a small hand covering her mouth, she answered Elrose’s directed question.

“I would love to see a hotel! Would it be possible to setup a quiocosin there? European magus would call it a workshop or tower? I should start carving totems, making medicines, and other things for use. I can also improve the protections of the hotel if you wish or sent up a mana spring if you wish to fuel spells or artifacts?”

Rebecca took a moment to pause and eat another Takoyaki before continuing.

“There is no need to fear the forest though. I am strongest here and have many friends among and with the trees.” Caster finished, happy to do whatever her Master directed.

ExplosionMagic ExplosionMagic CatJones CatJones

Servant: Lancer

Lancer shifted on her feet, before dipping her head in slight respect to the one who bowed.

“It is your choice Master.” Lancer watched them leave, although her gaze lingered on the one who bowed for a while. “I do not relish giving my foe the chance to choose the battlefield…” Her arms folded. “Then again, I do not believe they will have much chance to lay traps. I believe it will be a reasonably safe encounter, as we will have time to plot our means of falling back prior to engagement.”
Lordxana0 Lordxana0

Nobody

Well, Rebecca was very excitable. So much so that it seemed like she was a perfect mismatch for her Master. Elrose was doing her best to pretend like Nobody didn't exist but that wouldn't last long. She was quite competent at getting under peoples skins and Elrose was no different. The magus might be tough on the outside but there was certainly a much softer inside. Like the nougat of a candy bar, her insides were her best part. And in retrospect, that was a terrible way to say that. Nobody felt a little jealous. She had been born a regular human after all. She would never get to aim for something so lofty as a wish that could be answered.

But there was no reason to rain on their parade! Elrose would deny it but having someone working with her who was so happy was probably nice. From everything Mishima said, the people Elrose worked with were dry when it came to humor of any kind. Kindness was a rare thing in their line of work. Better that Elrose got to enjoy it for a little longer. Elrose, Mishima had said, was one in a million. Nobody smiled again, realizing there was something else she needed to do. She had a prior engagement that needed to be attended to.

“Well, it has been grand meeting you, Rebecca but I must be on my way. Since it seems you two are going for a leisurely walk back, I'll be going ahead on my own. I'm part of the Kagura dance tonight and I still need to get dressed up. So, until next time, ciao ciao!” She saw herself off with a peace sign, shoving her takoyaki tray into Elrose's arms and turning to move down the trail at a light jog, vanishing into the darkness of the night.

ExplosionMagic ExplosionMagic MocaPoka MocaPoka

Zoey Moirai

1MGIgNH.jpg

She had acknowledged his initial greeting to him with a light nod as she continued to act if if she was praying. It was all to wait for Father Mishima to ask of her to leave or perhaps bring the man to another area to speak more privately if he was an actual Master. What she didn't expect was the man to quickly start blabbing on talking about the grail war. Was he really just not attempting to be subtle at all? What if she was indeed a civilian and he just blurted out such information? It angered her quite a bit clearly he was someone so full of ego to act so brashly without any regard for the well being of others even if in a purely verbal manner.

It's clear he is just the type of which the grail's wish should never be granted to. One who seems ripe to start conflict over all else. Just what would expect of a Magus. The fact the term Holy is used to describe this fake Grail and those who would try and claim it is an affront to the lord.

She stewed to her thoughts, more so meant for herself though she didn't do a very good job at doing so with it clearly audible thoughts Assassin could read. She turned her head a bit as if to look back not showing a sign of her anger a rather blank and confused expression on her face as Father Mishima quickly spoke up as if to diffuse the situation. Zoey blinked turning her head back fully forward tilted down back in 'prayer' once again opting to listen in rather then respond as it seemed the Father's wishes were for her to remain as she was. It was a bit late by now to really undo what the brash Master had said. In part it would aid her a little overhearing some of it though it wasn't as if there was all that much information that would likely be told to Father Mishima beyond the very basics.

It was best to remain seated and continue her act and allow for the priest to take control of it and go along with whatever he had planned. Hopefully Assassin wouldn't be left feeling too uneasy about the exchange. She could tell he wasn't the most comfortable, though there wasn't all that much that could be done. She had plenty of time now to debate a route in her mind to avoid potential conflict and get back to where her base of operations was. Direct conflict wasn't a smart option for both Assassin and herself and she planned on attempting to prevent it or find a solution to keep their whereabouts in the dark form the others as much as possible.

Lordxana0 Lordxana0 ExplosionMagic ExplosionMagic CatJones CatJones leonhardt231 leonhardt231

Edwin remained still for a long moment, unmoving as his Servant brushed past him, before he let out a quiet sigh. They'd be manageable at least, he thought to himself as he slowly straightened himself out, sucking in a long breath and relaxing. Well, that was fine, he'd hoped for someone more agreeable, but dreaded someone much more unruly. This middle ground would do.

For a moment, he considered his options. There was his responsibility as a Master to confirm with the Church Overseer that he had properly summoned a Servant. He wasn't exactly fond of the Church in many ways, but he respected their role in managing these Grail Wars, even if they didn't always do a great job. Of course, there was also his Servant, meandering off to god-knows-where, potentially about to cause trouble. Not that he knew he would, but the problem was that his Servant was an unknown factor. Throw him into a city full of other unknowns, meaning the other Masters and Servants, and... Well, if Sapporo hadn't had any major headline breaking catastrophes, Edwin would be calling it a win for the day. Edwin patted himself down briefly, making sure he was armed. A pair of pistols holstered at either side of his chest, and then a third, heavier weapon at the small of his back... He nodded to himself, confirming that they were there.

Another sigh left his lips as he turned to follow his Servant out of the Warehouse, speeding up a little to catch up before slowing down to walk just a little bit behind him. A sign of respect if Edwin remembered correctly. "So, I've been blessed enough to summon a king then, have I? You know my name, might I know yours? Or... at least your Class? It'd be beneficial if nothing else for the battlefield." He chimes in, walking with his arms folded behind his back.

Kloudy Kloudy

Abastor Cromwell

"I agree with you, I would feel more comfortable if I knew exactly what class they were. My first guess would be one of the other two knight classes or Rider. Despite their overwhelming power they seemed to rational to be Berserker, and a Caster or Assassin wouldn't have shown themselves." still that was little information to go on, nothing they said revealed who they might have been or what strengths and weaknesses they might be able to abuse. And worse they hadn't seen head nor tail of any Master in the area. "But its a perfect opportunity to test things, and your speed should be more then enough to see us through when the time comes. The moment things turn south or you've gathered enough information escape and bring me back to the hotel."

He put the pocket watch away and turned to his Servant. "I need to be close by to ensure you get the maximum prana output from me due to my weakened condition, I won't make myself obvious but I can provide some backup when the time comes."

Soulmuse Soulmuse

Servant Assassin

Assassin kept a careful eye on their guests, like a spider eyeing a particularly juicy fly just a bit outside of their web. "Its human nature to desire a wish, whether to advance forward in life or solve an issue, I'm afraid on this count Mages are no different to humans, Master. That being said if you find them so distasteful I could line their way out of this holy place with a few traps to make their way home more exciting. However I leave that decision for you. I doubt I could land a killing blow but I can put my title to use in order to give them a bloody nose."

He could tell even from his current spot that the enemies before them would be quite dangerous all things considered, but you couldn't win a war without striking forward at the enemy.

Hanarei Hanarei

Last edited:
Elrose

And just like she had arrived, Nobody was gone again. The girl was an enigma in her own right. Elrose wasn't particularly broken up with he girl leaving and more concerned that her servant, who seemed to be energetic as well, would want to see the Kagura Dance as well. It wasn't really something she had any interest in. Japan had it's own culture and she wasn't accustomed to it nor did she truly plan to become used to it. She was guest in their nation for a short time. She had a mission and now a tertiary objective in winning the Holy Grail War. However, with Nobody gone she could go back to explaining her mission there as well without risk of involving Nobody.

"Rebecca. For now we'll head back towards my hotel. If we run into an enemy servant, I'll trust your judgement on whether or not to engage. You know your limits better then I do." She began, starting to continue to walk down the mountain side. "However, before Nobody came along we were talking about the hunt. Do you know what Tao is?"

It would have seemed like an innocous question to most people. A simple question of understanding of a school of thought. In this instance it felt like it had more weight. Though Elrose was certain to keep her tone steady and try to maintain some degree of credible jubilation with the 'joyful' meeting they had just had. Appearances were important after all. Rebecca seemed far more world cocious then she let on, leaving Elrose to think she might have some pertinent information somewhere in that head of hers.

And if she didn't it was going to be a much longer evening of trying to explain some things to her. Religious and philosophical studies were not her strong suit. She was far more suited to investigating heretics and rouge mages who think they can summon demons. She left the air open for Rebecca to answer, waiting to pick her brain.

MocaPoka MocaPoka

Ito and Berserker

In the low light of the full moon, the brewery seemed like the kind of place that would have been a haunted place. The few lights on in the building were external hazard lights, meant more for people driving around at night who might accidently drive on to the wide open lot and crash into a building. Ito didn't understand how people could have all that room and still run into something as big as a building. Between the massive primary plant on the north side and the multiple barley silos on the south side made it seem almost impossible to hit something.

The best part was that the company was moving towards automated brewing more and more everyday. The festival was the perfect chance for the Sapporo Beer Company to finally test their automated process. The facility was completely empty. An intricate system of alarms would alert staff if anything went wrong remotely. With no one around to notice what they were doing, it was a perfect spot for a battle between Servants. The cameras would need to be disabled but that was a small problem. A few minutes monkeying around with their fiber optic network and the cameras would be a non-issue.

She and Berserker had simply hopped the fence away from the main gate near some kind of tool shack. She motioned for Berserker to go and await their opponent while she dealt with the cameras. She had planned for this for a few months, having paid off people in the local government for the schamtics for the power lines. It would only take a few minutes.

Berserker stepped out of the shadows of the buildings and into the center of the courtyard. It was more then large enough for her to fight in. She had a prefernc for inclosed space but it was close enough for her to feel comfortable fighting there. She stepped into a spot open enough for her to be visible from most angles. She sat down as if she was going to meditate, arms resting on her knees and hand balled together in loose fists pressing into each other. She was ready for a fight, mind clear, body relaxed, soul at peace.

Soulmuse Soulmuse
Lordxana0 Lordxana0

Li Dan

A feeling of unease settled into Li Dan as he walked back through the alley he had only minutes ago passed into. He was familiar to the sensation of it. His body felt lighter and lighter, as the area around him became darker and darker. He walked with intent, trying to outpace the oblvion that was rapidly enroaching on him.The void of existence that overtook the world around shifted and swayed in an unnatural way, crawling over the trash and refuse, the brick and mortar and wood of the buidlings.

Li Dan came to a halt. Trying to outrun it was like trying to see the back of ones own head without the aid of a mirror. Bad analogy, he thought to himself, having seen much more then something as simple as his own body from the outside. This void was interesting like that. It gave the mind the ability to spread outward from the body and experience the universe without worldly attachement. He was tired of the notion however. Seeing the void at the end of the universe once had been more then enough for him.

The silence set in. Deafening, overtaking silence that drilled into the mid and left behind the sound of entropy. His fleshy tombs sounds became clear to him. The sound of blood passing through his veins, his heartbeat softly echoing in the cave of his chest. The slow creak of his bones as they resisted the edge of oblivion. He gave a short sigh, staring out into the nebulous universe. Stars long dead, suns exploding and worlds being born before his very eyes leaving him with a waning sense of annoyance.

"I must have lost focus and let myself seep away. I did get rather heated with that acolyte. Can you beleive that, Lao? Forgetting myself like that. Or would it be remembering myself? I was the negative side of us, after all." He turned away from the dawning universe, facing the yawning abyss outside of the universe. The inky blackness of things yet unthought and unborn shifting and dancing in the dying of the light.

"Even now, Lao. It terrifies me to be here alone. Even knowing that it can't hurt me. Even my withered humanity is still terrified of what no human should know." He paused as he forced himself to focus on one of the millions of celestial entites that drifted through space. The darkness receded, the stars slinked back into their home at the sky. His will restablished with Gaia he began to walk-

A scream. A young girl was in the alley. Small even by human standards. Her oak colored eyes wide with terror at the man before her, she had fallen over, sitting on the filthy floor, huddled against a wall. Li Dan stared down at her, perplexed for a moment before his face shitfed into his usual smile. He bent at the knees, getting on her level.

"What's the matter, child?" He asked, calmly, tilting his head to appear more on her level. She let out raspy breaths as she tried to calm herself enough to speak before finally muttering something out. She must have come into the alley to get around the crowds. Interesting that a child would use the same tactic as him.

"You just, appeared, out of thin air!" She spoke in a low yell, pointing an accusatory finger at him. He smiled still, before finally pulling his hands from his sleeves. She visibly flinched as he did so as if she had expected something worse then just his hands. He splayed his finger open showing her his palms as he spoke.

"That's simple. Obviously, I'm a magican."
"A magician?" She repeated, surprised by how forward he was being.
"Of course. If i just suddenly appeared in front of a crowd, the people would ask me to do magic for them. Which would make me so tired I would die. Nobody wants that, right?" He asked, as he prepared a simple trick. One hand reached over to the other, pulling his sleeve back enough to show his wrist. His open hand closed quickly, presnting her with a loosely balled fist.

The girl was now in awe, terror replaced with wonderment. Humans were interesting like that. So easily swayed with nothing more then a wave of the hand. She extended a hand to touch his fist, excited to see where the trick went. It happened faster then she could have seen. The look of excitment and wonderment etched brightly across her face. The hand that had been holding his sleeve back shot out, fingers raking across her chest and neck. He tore soul from body, flesh from bone, future from life.

Lifeless body fell to lifeless stone. Lifeless man creating a lifeless world.

There was no joy in the act. No pleasure or satisfation. Only neccessity.

Last edited:

index.jpg

"I apologize where are my manners, my name is Lucian, although I hear in this country people address each other with their last name so please call me Sinclair." The priest was being evasive, either his guess was right and the crimes are connected with the war, or the church was personally involved, either way, they knew something and weren't willing to say anything. Nevertheless, he should introduce his servant but it may be a bit too risky to have Rider show himself entirely, especially if the church was the one behind the crimes. Telepathically Lucian will say to Rider "Rider when I summon you, appear in the smoke form like when you did with me." Then to Father Mishima "Don't worry while I may not seem like it, I have strong morals, I would never hurt an innocent, and neither would my servant, at least not intentionally. Rider why don't you show yourself to the priest."
Phayne Phayne

a34824f1623d19191fae970747870e06.png

~Location~
The Church
~Mentions~
Mishima ExplosionMagic ExplosionMagic Hanarei Hanarei Lordxana0 Lordxana0 (Doesn't mention your characters, but you are at the church)
~Interactions~
Lucian leonhardt231 leonhardt231
565db27ac2f4274d837afc066da2c5ae.jpg
Rider's patience was growing ever thinner as both he and Lucian entered the church; the heroic spirit still hidden from view within his spiritual form as per command. It was a command that he had he had abided to reluctantly. In truth, the church was the last place that Rider had wanted to visit, considering the neutrality of the church's hallowed grounds, it was quite obvious that the chances of getting to test his mettle with other heroic spirits was close to zero. Yet despite this and despite voicing his wish to his Master, they had still ended up here, thus it warranted the question, What exactly was their purpose of coming here in the first place? What would cause Lucian to blatantly ignore Rider's desire and come here instead, the place furthest from conflict. If this decision was out of pure cowardice, then perhaps Lucian was not the master best suited for Rider. He would have to wait and see, though any hopes of something worthy coming out of their trip thus far was quickly quashed.

Of course as it had been thus far, Rider's concerns were only met with even more disappointment as the church Priest and Lucian began to converse; the words spoken from his master's mouth causing Rider to grow even more aggravated by the situation as a whole. "What nonsense is this?!" questioned Rider through their telepathic link, "You dare to insult me by suggessting that I would garner any pleasure from fighting petty criminals? Do you not know of my history? Of my accomplishments?! What a fool you must be to think that this would appease me!" continued Rider, clearly frustrated with his master thus far. "I am a King, a man who stood equal with the gods and spat in their face! A hero who struck fear into those who cower away in the heavens above! I will not lower myself to the level of working for the church, much less waste my time playing with criminals whose powers pale in comparison to my own. I seek a challenge, not some petty sport of hunting the weak" continued Rider who remained hidden from view, blatantly ignoring the command to make himself visible. If Lucian had the audacity to insult and make a fool out of Rider, he too had the audacity to return that treatment in kind.

"Do not expect my cooperation after insulting me" stated Rider, "Do not anger me even more by wasting time here. Salvage what is left of your shattered pride and let us find a foe worthy of a fight. Not some decrepit old man of the church"

Caster

1521180968132 (2).png
Rebecca was saddened by the sudden leaving of Nobody. She seemed an interesting person and they had barely had an exchange of words beyond greetings. It seemed the dark-haired girl had a dance to go however, so Rebecca understood the urgency of arriving on time to such an important event. Dances were essential in almost every culture and some ceremonial ones were vitally important to the people partaking in and viewing them. Dances could cast powerful spells, enrich a land, determine social status, satisfy the Gods, or even just be for fun! They were not things to miss or be late for!

As Rebecca daydreamed about what the “Kagura dance” could be like, she walked by her Master’s side through the mountain forest. Occasionally the shorter woman would stop, becoming entranced by some random fallen tree branch, perfectly intact leaf, or colorful rock, and pick up the seemingly benign natural object and store it in one of the small leather pouches on her hips.

While picking up a fairly large fallen tree branch and struggling to fully close the flap to her leather container, she answered Elrose’s question.

“I’m afraid I don’t know much about that religion. It originates from lands in the far East of Europe. The symbol is the Bagua and speaks of balance, of the way, and of enlightenment. That is about all I know sadly, I had little interactions with the people East of Europe; to my failing.”

Last edited:
Mishima Church

Father Mishima followed along with Sinclair, as far as his strange attitude would allow. He knew of Japanese customs. He simply seemed to pick and choose which ones he followed more strictly and other ones more loosely. Though, the man didn't seem a bad person. Simply a bit out of his element. To make matters worse, he attempted to have his Servant manifest. As moments passed and no Servant appeared, Mishima placed a hand on Lucian's shoulder. He gave a gentle smile before he spoke, trying to come across as friendly as he could.

"Lucian. Perhaps it would be best if you step outside for the time being." He said quietly, before turning back to Zoey. He moved to stand in front of her. He spoke quietly, figuring that both distance and divided attention would keep his words from being heard. "I think its about time you head out as well. I'll contact you in the morning with an agent of my own. I doubt you have much to worry about with him. If he really is a Master, he seems to be at odds with his Servant."

He turned to give a short stare to the Master in the doorway, extending a hand out to help guide Zoey out of the Church.

Hanarei Hanarei

Elrose
Mt. Moiwa, descending.

Rebecca's response was troubling. It wasn't the lack of information but rather the seeming self deprecation Rebecca had for herself. Elrose shook it off for the time being, figuring it was simply a facet of who she was. Everyone dealt with failures in their own way. If it persisted they would have to come to terms with it. Than again, Rebecca wasn't a true human. The majority of what they knew was prescribed to them from the grail. Even their personality was technically a continuation of the grail's knowledge more so then the actual true spirit of the person. She knew better then to try and press a sore subject like personal failure with someone she had just met.

She walked along, watching as Rebecca casually picked through the natural bounty of the forest, placing all manners of things in her pouches. Elrose figured she was some sort of shaman. A Native American who summoned as a Caster must have some natural type of magic going on. Elrose continued their conversation, naturally as she could.

"Well, from where we're standing now, it originated west of us, in China. We're in Japan. Outside the city of Sapporo on the island of Hokkaido. I alluded to a hunt earlier; a group of Taoist monks set up on the other mountain." She turned enough to point out the other, shorter mountain in the distance, still lit by the full moon. "They were investigated initially when their leader, Li Dan, was spotted by Father Mishima several times in the area just outside Mishima Church. The response by my higher ups was that he was probably a heretic. The Burial Agency got involved instead, believing they had found a Lamyros they had records of from years ago."

Elrose breathed a sigh of relieve as the tell-tale lights from over head lights finally shone through the black brush. They were moving at good pace, even with Nobody having stopped them for a few minutes.

"The Burial Agency operative was killed instead. His body was found further into the island. For now, the Executors have been doing observation but our main goal is to eliminate them. Whatever they are, they have some higher ups worried. And I summoned you to help me with this. I met Li Dan. Judging by what he said, he will interfere with the Holy Grail War. Our involvement will aim at eliminating him when he does so a simple matter for following protocol for the war. And we'll probably win the war anyway."

She wasn't one to boast, but it seemed like it fit to do so. She stepped out of the forest and into the town proper. Neatly situated modern homes all along the road. They had come out near the residential area. Not that she was complaining, but that would have meant they had exited almost 1.5 kilometres from where she had entered at. A shiver ran through her at the realization that a charm was probably in effect over the forest. The monks must be up to something else.

MocaPoka MocaPoka

Servant Lancer

“As you say.” Lancer led the way to the brewery, taking her time to evaluate the situation at hand.

The Brewery would indeed present an acceptable location to fight. Little terrain would interfere in the battle, and disengagement would be easy, when that time came. Unless a chance for a clean kill presented itself, she didn’t intend to linger long. Enough to learn what she needed, and then fall back, as her Master wished. Likewise, no reason to go all out in this fight, at least, not yet. So, after watching the ‘meditating’ servant for a time, Lancer shed the trappings of modern ‘civilization’, dropping down to approach in her true form.

Stopping at the edge of the courtyard, Lancer spoke, low, but projecting enough for her voice to carry. “I have come.” They said they wanted an honorable duel, so she would oblige for the time being. While honor had little place on a battlefield it could be exploited. That didn’t stop her from drawing on years and years of accumulated knowledge and wisdom to watch for signs of attack or deception.
CatJones CatJones Lordxana0 Lordxana0

Caster

1521180968132 (2).png

Rebecca continued receiving gifts from the mountain forest. The life here was plenty and kind. Giving in a manner that the Shaman had only seen in deep forests far from civilization and human need. It did lack the powa and old wisdom of the large forests of her home or the beauty and lovingness of the small forests in London; but this forest had a humbleness that was unique. She wondered how the forest and its life developed to have such an outlook. Had the forest simply been blessed with kindness from its neighbors or had it experienced a horror that changed its view from the norm?

While pondering the forest’s nature and personality, Rebecca continued to carefully pick from the bounty of the mountain. To any looking, her choices were strange and without meaning. An old pine-cone that was half rotten away, dirt from under the roots of a sprouting tree, seven berries from a bush, and 5 fallen feathers from a small puddle.

Occasionally the tanned skinned woman would stop and turn her head towards the shadows of the forest; hearing or seeing something that was only known to her. On the rare occasion, small darting shadows could be tracked by human eyes going from bush to bush or the twittering of birds could be heard overhead in the thin branches if one listen closely. The frequency of both occurrences was strange; especially when one knew just how many of the forest’s creatures were following the two women or that the birds twittering to each other should be slumbering at this time of night.

Additionally, a weak, foreign power was cast over the forest. It seemed mostly harmless; perhaps a minor protection for some recluse spell weaver living in the woods. Likely wishing for solitude or the humor of making some lose their way. Whatever weak ritual that had been conducted in the forest, seemed of no real concern to the Caster class Servant, so she ignored it. Such spells were a norm for her lands and usually harmless in intent.

Soon Rebecca was content with her gifts and refocused her attention on Elrose. There was much she learned from the living woman’s words. Some of what she learned filled her with childlike wonder, other things filled her with weary dread. She was happy to learn that she was far from where she had lived or even traveled to in her living life. Discovery and new travel were always a wonderous and exciting blessing to her. She was sad however to learn that the Church still had conflicts with the other teachings in the world. The Church had not changed or learned in however many years had passed.

Another failure that she was partially to blame for…

“My people and the Catholic Church accorded that we would live in harmony with each other. In order to facilitate such; neither the Church nor the Quiocosin, may demand that the other join a battle against the enemy of only one under the honor of friendship. Only against the evils of all, may one call upon the other to fight. I know of the no evil or sin that would demand of me to show fury against the Taoist monks, or their leader Li Dan. The Lamyros may be of concern, however unless it has strayed from God’s wisdom or the love of the Great Earth, a hunt is unwarranted.”

Caster’s voice was far lower in tone and devoid of her natural playfulness. For those that had known her in her past life, they would know that this tone was rare for the normally happy-go-lucky girl to use.

“An unwarranted quarrel may have occurred between the agent of the Church and the Taoist monks. Such is no reason to go to war. The Church still seems to value the axe over the pipe it would seem…” Rebecca finished with a disgruntled mumble that was atypical for her usually optimistic nature.

"Why do the higher echelons of the Church believe the leader of the Taoist monks to be a heretic and what was your impression from him?" Rebecca finished, her normal tone of voice returning as she calmed herself.

Bad memories were resurfacing in the dead woman’s mind and she tried to distract herself with the wonders of the modern town. Lights without fire and buildings that must have belonged to nobles. Her mood improved as she continued to swing her head from left to right. Taking in the glories of this new time and land.

Last edited:
Zoey Moirai

1MGIgNH.jpg

Zoey heard Assassin keeping her head bowed as to not give away any sort of clue she could be conversing with her servant. As entertaining as the idea was, it wasn't a smart idea. It would be far too suspicious. More so it was way to petty even if she couldn't exactly deny how satisfying it would be to see the Magus to get what in her mind she thought was coming for him. As her adopted mother said, it was about showing compassion not delivering penance. Shew knew her own personal bias was only making the man come off far worst even if she was at the very least trying to not interject it into her thoughts.

No... it's best to leave things as they are. It is He who should deliver any retribution for the way that man acts. We don't want to reveal what you are capable of quite yet if possible anyways.

She kept her head bowed in prayer overhearing them talk faintly. She couldn't exactly make out every world extremely clearly though she got enough to get an idea of things. He seemed likely to be a magus but whether he actually had a servant was hard to see. There seemed to be trouble in paradise if that was the case though without looking she didn't quite have the ability to tell herself only able to make assumptions based off what was said. Assassin would be able to really confirm things if there was more that she was missing. She could hear the Father's footsteps as he approached her finally lifting her head to glance up. It seemed having to ask Assassin about the servant wouldn't be necessary as what she had pieced together seemed to be correct.

"Understood. Thank you Father." She spoke bowing her head standing up giving herself a brief brush off before lifting her hand up as if to fix her hair despite little occuring to disrupt the way it was put up. She was tempted to pull out her mirror but given she was it felt rather vain to do so. She accepted his guidance to proceed to head out of the church. She wandered up walking past Lucian turning head putting on a warm smile. It was fake though she was always a rather great actress. Whether it was to hide one's own misery or to hide your disdain it was important to always put on a bright smile to welcome all those who you meet with warmth as a representative of the almighty's just will.

"Have a good night." She spoke bowing her head in a show of respect. She didn't like it but she did so without the slightest hesitation. If he was really a Master and not some delusional magus she would likely end up butting into him again. Until then she would do her best to feign a sense of respect for him as she would anyone else. She turned back around to walk away heading towards where the majority of the festivities were. It was far better to stick where there would be people around still before figuring her way back to her hideout once Assassin could confirm they weren't being followed. It also helped to serve as cover for her in general as a simple festival goer visiting the town for it. She focused her attention towards her servant speaking towards him telepathically.

Sorry for not giving you a chance to enjoy the festival tonight. I'll use it as cover so we can make sure we aren't followed. I'll see about finding a place that might be open selling clothing that will better fit you looking like a tourist here. If we can't find something tonight it might need to wait till tomorrow. I don't wish to keep you hidden away the whole time, I want you to have a chance to enjoy the modern world a bit here. I suppose its not exactly like the place you came from but still I'm sure you would like to see how things are beyond just having to observe.

Berserker

Berserker didn't have to wait long. Her challenged opponent arriving not long after she had. Lancer was in her true from, a skin tight suit with cloth hanging from different parts of her outfit. Berserker saw no reason to keep her own modern disguise on, standing up as it vanished, replaced with her Chinese dress. Her opponent seemed to be focused on looking for any sort of deception on the battlefield. She had no intention to use any underhanded means. She had no traps or powers that would allow her to do so, even if she wanted to. It was an honest duel.

Berserker extended her arms. palms facing up. Her own weapon materialized in her hands, a three piece staff. With a quick and efficient movement, she flourished it showing off her skills with it before finishing with held in her extended arms again just like it had been when she first drew it. She wield it like a pair of nunchucks. In the honor bound traditions of her dojo, the challenger had the right of the first strike. She shot forward, coming to a sliding stop and letting the momentum of the movement speed her weapons swing as well, one third of it aiming for Lancers stomach. The blow was low and defensive enough to give herself a chance to block a counter by simply sliding her arms to wherever they needed to be to do so.

The first blow of the Holy Grail War had been thrown.

Soulmuse Soulmuse

Elrose
Sapporo Residential Area

Elrose could understand both the hesitation and unwillingness of her servant. It was hard to put into exact words why she was so concerned with the monks and Li Dan. Partly due to the Church not being completely forth coming with their information either. It was common to be given the bare minimum before being dispatched for an operation. This was no different, only given half truths and rumors to go on. She knew there were records of Li Dan appearing earlier in Church record's, much earlier then a human could feasibly live, though her understanding of the details were fuzzy at best. Instead, she focused on what common ground she figured they could agree to.

"That's fair, I suppose. To be honest, I don't have all the information. The Church's records are incomplete as well and some things contradict others. For the time being, I think we should focus on the Grail War. If the monks are involved, I'll know rather quickly. If not, then it's just a Holy Grail War. As for Li Dan, he's hard to pin down. He had a calm air but it felt like there was something more. Like he was holding back. But it would probably be best if you decide for yourself. I'm sure we'll run into him." She spoke calmly, trying to both de-escalate and redirect. She wasn't sure how much she could really share, even with her Servant. She had tried to enlist a phantasmal being to aid her and failed. She felt a small pang of guilt for trying to do so. Plus, she had something that could distract them both from the issue.

"How about we go to the Festival? It's Bon. They're communicating with their ancestors to watch over them. Plus, we can us it as cover to look for other Servants." Elrose offered, figuring her servants interest in the world might be satiated with some contact with modern world and people. She would need something for her exposed lower half, but that was easily remedied. There was a Don Quixote nearby. It wouldn't be fancy, but clothes are clothes. Elrose picked up her pace, turning a corner onto another empty street, though the golden light of the street lamps were outshined by a much larger orange neon sign. Don Quixote.

"Wait here a moment." She entered the store, it's sliding doors separating for her and quickly closing behind her. After only a minute or two, she came back out, a pair of light green capris in her hand. She handed them to Rebecca. "So you stand out a little less. I guessed your size, but it does have a drawstring in the front to tighten it."

MocaPoka MocaPoka

index.jpg

Gripping his fist tightly, Lucian kept his face neutral and gave a small bow, "Excuse me, but it seems my servant is being a bit difficult at the moment, it seems his patience wears thinner than I thought. Thank you for your time, have a good night to both of you." Leaving the church, he was embarrassed but he got some answers not entirely clear, and not all questions answered but he got something. Almost every holy grail war in the past has had some sort of tampering, either from external forces or from the contestants themselves. There should be no reason why this would be no different. But first, his servant needed appeasing "Rider! Clearly, there are some things that seem to be unfamiliar to you, diplomacy being one of them, such is the nature of this war, however, I expect you to assist and play your part in it when required. Insulting it may be, but these so-called crimes in the city may be connected directly to the war, and the perpetrator may even be a servant themself, and I expect you to fight if this is indeed true. However, if you truly wish for a fight, then so be it, summon your mount, it is faint but I feel a burst of mana close to town, chances of there being a servant are high. We should get there as swiftly as we can."
Phayne Phayne

Last edited:
Archer
(Sapporo - The Festival)

4d8c57ddc7a2dd0aed6951bdfb9f4b3d.jpg

Archer continued onwards as Edwin spoke to him, trailing half a pace behind. Good, the sign of respect did not go unnoticed. Even so, Archer had no desire to get overly familiar with the grail master and exchange names. It wasn't as though he expected the human to be of much use in a battle.

"You may refer to me as 'My King'."

The sword at his side was inadvertently misleading, but Archer cared not to explain himself. The man would simply have to wait to witness his magnificent magnanimous majesty on the field of combat. In the distance Archer saw the low glow of festival lights in the distance, likely indicative of the festivities Sapporo was currently engaged in. This interested the servant, causing him to shift his direction towards the town hubbub. Experiencing the culture of this land sounded like somewhat of a serendipitous venture, supposing the people and their tastes were not particularly offensive to his own. Archer had travelled West many times, but the East was not a place he had often travelled in life. Perhaps if it had not been for the input of his meddling advisors, the lands there could have been his...

~~~

"Hmm... This is not displeasing." Archer hummed as he swilled the warm herbal tea in his mouth before spitting it on the ground, "This does remind me of the Eastern goods the tradesmen would offer me."

The man operating the festival stall simply nodded wordlessly. The tall dark-skinned man before him had a daunting presence, perhaps not just due to his overbearing height but for his equally pressuring demeanour. The way the servant carried himself inspired anxiety in the middle-aged man with visible effect. Or perhaps it was the metre-long unsheathed ornate scimitar at his hip. Regardless of the cause, the man did not dare to ask for his pay as Archer turned to meander off with the tea still in hand. With all the rampant crime happening in Sapporo, it almost wasn't suprising to see sword-toting giants such as this walking around. Better to keep a low profile than try to play the hero.

It was anyone's guess as to what was distracting the young woman, unbeknownst to all that she was telepathically communing with her servant as she walked. Archer, equally distracted by a sign that mentioned something about seeing sight or sightseeing, failed to notice the short female until her shoulder had bumped into his arm and drenched the front of his fine black suit with his newly acquired herbal tea. Looking down at the offending human, his expression did not drastically alter in response to this unspeakable offense. His fist did clench, however, crushing the ceramic cup to pieces in his tensed fist. Slowly and deliberately, Archer drew the scimitar from his hip and placed the tip directly before the girl's face. His body strained, seemingly containing the horrific urge to behead the human immediately. His grip tightened on the handle.

"Prostrate yourself immediately and I may leave you with only one less limb." Archer's voice was even and measured, clearly in an attempt not to overspill with wrath.

There was not too many onlookers nearby, most having gravitated further in from the edge of the festival's location. The few that were in the vicinity were not near enough to hear his words and those that noticed them seemed to assume it to be some kind of cosplay. Someone even took a picture.

Dragonruby Dragonruby Hanarei Hanarei Lordxana0 Lordxana0

Rebecca
Sapporo Residential Area
1521180968132 (2).png

Rebecca was in wonder as she walked through the foreign neighborhood by Elrose’s side.

She felt a slight guilt for her words to her summoner as the woman responded to her in a wiser and more mature manner. Her personal regrets and memories from her own past were spilling over to present it seemed. She had little right to judge what the Church was doing now. She had practically no knowledge of the modern time, its hardships, or what the current living children were doing in it. Still, the ghosts from the past were not meant to influence the current time; such a completely foreign intrusion could only harm the natural state of the world.

“Thank you, Elrose. I am sorry for my ill-mannered words. I should not let my past feelings for the Church cloud my judgment. I will trust in your guidance.” Rebecca said earnest regret.

Once the mention of going to the festival was brought up by the living woman; Rebecca could not contain the beaming smile that blossomed across her face. She, however, forced herself to calmness and spoke in a manner that did its best to hide her overwhelming excitement.

“I… I should craft my talismans first, but… festivals do not happen often…”

With her mood happily flying among the glittering stars of the night sky, Rebecca followed Elrose to a large building with glowing orange lettering on its front. She waited outside the store as Elrose went inside; outwardly contented. In truth, she very much wanted to go inside as well; however, Rebecca was a wise and mature spirit. She would not give into such temptation and would follow her summoner’s wishes no matter how demanding they were on her mental psyche.

Before she broke, Elrose returned.

Had it been a few minutes? An hour? Rebecca was unsure, but the long wait had been worth it. Elrose was giving her a tribute! Clothes from the current land and time! Rebecca could imagine few offerings better than such!

As if being presented with a sacrifice worthy of a goddess; Rebecca slowly and reverently took the offered capris with both her hands.

“Thank you, Elrose. I will treasure this gift for as long as I exist in this current world and time.” Rebecca said warmly, with complete honesty and sincerity.

Somehow the Caster class Servant was able to put on the capris with the grace, dignity, and skill of super model. She adjusted her shawl to better fit on her shoulders and match the form created by the green capris. Happy with the placement of both her outward articles of clothing, the Servant took a moment to focus.

Outwardly nothing unusual had happened, in the fact the opposite. Perception itself had changed to normalcy. Rebecca had become natural part of the people and land. To Elrose, little had changed about the Servant; perhaps if she didn’t focus, she could no longer clearly see Rebecca’s tattoos any longer. To the normal human, unnatural magus, or even an otherworldly Servant; Rebecca was a completely normal human to every natural and magical sense. An everyday girl of maybe mixed blood or perhaps a completely normal college student in a transfer program. Regardless, to most of the world’s eyes she was more inline with the population of the island than even her summoner was now.

Last edited:
Servant Lancer

Lancer made no reaction to her foe’s weapon although her mind did jump into overdrive. While she would possess and advantage of reach in the battle to come, she would need to mind her strikes, lest her weapon be removed from her grip, or she get drawn into a close quarters duel. But, if she plied the advantage, she could learn quite a bit. Such for instance, as it did appear that her foe truly was honorable, and not merely playing tricks. While she didn’t agree with the mentality, Lancer elected to play along for now.

When her foe rushed forwards, Lancer’s eyes narrowed, crouching, and smoothly jumping to the side, out of the path of the blow. As she landed, sliding back, Lancer’s right arm extended, her own weapon flashing into existence. A blood red spear settled into her hand, grasped about halfway down its length. Both haft and head shone bloody crimson, although the point itself shone with an edge. Giving the weapon a single quick twirl to settle the balance in her hands, Lancer took another, critical look, before rushing in. Feinting a swipe at her foe’s shoulders, she pivoted into a low sweep towards the knees, ready to pull her guard in and evade in turn.
CatJones CatJones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back